• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump/Nugent 2024

Nugent, just no he has had plenty of chances to be political ,
Best he can do now is back fund other people and groups.
Just no , oh and for the next POTUS
I think staying off twitter, facebook and what have you would be a plus

If someone ran with no social media presence - just a website and old school campaigning - I'd definitely pay attention.

I'm more interested in the inverse. Why run a campaign at all? Want to see someone campaign from a front porch? Totally possible these days, all someone needs is a phone and computer. Want to connect to the people? The people will message you and you message back. Want to meet people? Coordinate it on social media.

Why have live debates? Video livestream.
Why have conventions? Electronic voting for candidates. Want to get the power out of the hands of the party powerbrokers? Then make it happen with technology.
Why have the mainstream media influence voters to the media's point of view? Focus on spreading a message through social media. The mainstream media runs a scripted, edited narrative - social media can be administered and moderated by the host website, but the signal gets out faster than the bots/mods can stop it, usually.

The future is in social media. What's concerning is the mainstream media's/big tech's manipulation of social media mostly for financial gain. All the "censorship" on social media has to do with ad revenues and lending.

I'm more interested in the inverse. Why run a campaign at all? Want to see someone campaign from a front porch? Totally possible these days, all someone needs is a phone and computer. Want to connect to the people? The people will message you and you message back. Want to meet people? Coordinate it on social media.

Why have live debates? Video livestream.
Why have conventions? Electronic voting for candidates. Want to get the power out of the hands of the party powerbrokers? Then make it happen with technology.
Why have the mainstream media influence voters to the media's point of view? Focus on spreading a message through social media. The mainstream media runs a scripted, edited narrative - social media can be administered and moderated by the host website, but the signal gets out faster than the bots/mods can stop it, usually.

The future is in social media. What's concerning is the mainstream media's/big tech's manipulation of social media mostly for financial gain. All the "censorship" on social media has to do with ad revenues and lending.

That's an interesting perspective. I hear you about skipping out on mainstream media and basically agree. Of course, I don't support electronic voting for party candidates for the same reasons I don't support it for the election. But then, I don't support parties, so I might solve conventions a little differently...all of which means that my phrasing was generally inaccurate.

Here's my thing - I joined facebook in 2004, canceling my account in 2013; if I can help it, I'll never use it again. I've never joined twitter/IG etc, and frankly should quit youtube/google, but am too lazy. If the only/best way to learn what a candidate is up to is to re/join one of those platforms, I'm not interested.

Much of what you've described could be handled through a modern website. If followers want to post in all these other places I'd never say they shouldn't, but don't make me give Zuckerberg and co. any more traffic; if someone's that interested in a position of leadership, they can show they've got skin in the game by paying for some bandwidth.

All that said, I'm more interested in policy positions, written as sentences, than 2am iNcOmPrEhEnSiBlE TiRaDeS and cat pictures. I'm also a significant minority, so I'll go back to yelling at clouds.

That's an interesting perspective. I hear you about skipping out on mainstream media and basically agree. Of course, I don't support electronic voting for party candidates for the same reasons I don't support it for the election. But then, I don't support parties, so I might solve conventions a little differently...all of which means that my phrasing was generally inaccurate.

Here's my thing - I joined facebook in 2004, canceling my account in 2013; if I can help it, I'll never use it again. I've never joined twitter/IG etc, and frankly should quit youtube/google, but am too lazy. If the only/best way to learn what a candidate is up to is to re/join one of those platforms, I'm not interested.

Much of what you've described could be handled through a modern website. If followers want to post in all these other places I'd never say they shouldn't, but don't make me give Zuckerberg and co. any more traffic; if someone's that interested in a position of leadership, they can show they've got skin in the game by paying for some bandwidth.

All that said, I'm more interested in policy positions, written as sentences, than 2am iNcOmPrEhEnSiBlE TiRaDeS and cat pictures. I'm also a significant minority, so I'll go back to yelling at clouds.

"mainstream media" = propaganda mouthpiece for liberals and left wing. Journalism in this country is simply not mainstream at all.

The bigger issue by far, is that there are just not enough people with brains to vote. Sure, there are channels to better connect with them, but at the end, even without cheating, it doesn't matter, they are not even close to 40% of voters.

The main bio-mass sheeple live on propaganda and find faceplants and twittors quiet acceptable for their consumption. Thus is dilemma, if you don't try to herd the sheep, you have no chance in hell winning much in this country by voting. Voting is rigged on many levels, the cheating is just a level up.

You won't see Pence running for anything in 2024 or later. He alienated a lot of people with his post Jan. 6 comments about President Trump and the non existent "insurrection."

At this point it is DeSantis' nomination to lose. Noem might be the VP.

It's way to early to predict who might win the Republican nomination, but I'm convinced it won't be Pence.

Losing ticket in the making. Holding out for pense and that nasty bitch.

I love when I see memes like this because I know the person who made it will be lucky to pass a 5th grade class. "Skynard"? [rofl]

snicker. It's the crocs, that's all that matters.

You know that the band was named after one of the member's teachers? Wikipedia gives more info than I had a minute ago:

At Burns' suggestion,[8] the group settled on Leonard Skinnerd, which was in part a reference to a character named "Leonard Skinner" in Allan Sherman's novelty song "Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh"[10] and in part a mocking tribute to P.E. teacher Leonard Skinner at Robert E. Lee High School.[11] Skinner was notorious for strictly enforcing the school's policy against boys having long hair.[12] Rossington dropped out of school, tired of being hassled about his hair.[13] The more distinctive spelling "Lynyrd Skynyrd" was being used at least as early as 1970. Despite their high school acrimony, the band developed a friendlier relationship with Skinner in later years, and invited him to introduce them at a concert in the Jacksonville Memorial Coliseum.[14] Skinner also allowed the band to use a photo of his Leonard Skinner Realty sign for the inside of their third album.[15]

5djql7.jpg

You won't see Pence running for anything in 2024 or later. He alienated a lot of people with his post Jan. 6 comments about President Trump and the non existent "insurrection."

At this point it is DeSantis' nomination to lose. Noem might be the VP.

It's way to early to predict who might win the Republican nomination, but I'm convinced it won't be Pence.
Pence is dead to Trump's base. I think he's smart enough to know that and won't even try. Desantis and a woman/minority VP sounds like a winning ticket. 👍

The NRA is free of another grifter, and good riddance!

"Despite his fame and popularity, Nugent never donated any money to NRA. In fact, in 2017, the NRA had to pay him more than $60,000 to autograph guitars, which were later auctioned off during Friends of the NRA fundraising dinners, according to a November 2019 report in the Wall Street Journal."

He wasn't even good at it. He got a measly $60k for autographs, while wasting oxygen and enabling Wayne & Co. to steal tens of millions every year.

I never heard of the organization he signed on with, but mercy unto them if that's the best they can do.

Desantis/Noem maybe. That's if she stops taking pot shots at him. Nikki Haley is also dead to the Trump base. A lot can change between now and then, but right now Trump is in a position to be the King maker in both 2022 and 2024.

Pence is dead to Trump's base. I think he's smart enough to know that and won't even try. Desantis and a woman/minority VP sounds like a winning ticket. 👍

Desantis/Noem maybe. That's if she stops taking pot shots at him. Nikki Haley is also dead to the Trump base. A lot can change between now and then, but right now Trump is in a position to be the King maker in both 2022 and 2024.
He's in position to be a lot more than that in 2024.

Trump's been quoted more than once this month
saying that he can't reveal whether he's running again
because of campaign finance laws.

Campaign finance laws which only kick in
if you say you are running again.

(I wonder if he's trolling the MSM to give him free advertising
via a raft of Hurr-Durr "news stories" about the logic bomb).

Back
Top Bottom