• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump/Nugent 2024

When he'd be prosecuted by the FEC and it would cost him a lot of money. He's a maverick, but he's not a moron.

I didn't see or hear the GA rally last weekend, so I don't know if he mentioned it. OTOH, my son is a political junky and would have told me if it had happened.

when has Trump ever followed a rule.

He's been talking about it a lot and I thought the media said he mentioned it when he was in GA. recently.

The last time I saw him, on Gutfeld, he sounded like he was running, but he mentioned that FEC rules meant that he couldn't announce anything yet officially declare his candidacy without subjecting himself to onerous Federal regulations inapplicable to prospective opponents.
FTFY.

"Independents" is meaningless in our two-party system. It includes everyone from "Republicans are too leftist", to "Democrats are too conservative".
It can either refer to voters' lack of party affiliation,
or their willingness to vote for candidates of either party.

Voters who agree with a party,
but refuse to caucus with it,
are a sterile ground of unhoovered donations.

Voters who refuse to align with either party's base
are a powerful source of income to campaign advisors
who wet their beak in every media buy
aimed at courting independents.

Republicans:
If we are in power, it will be on us to fix this mess and honestly we have no clue how to do that, but if the Dems keep winning we can point at them and say look how bad they are doing.
so sociopath/poorly aging rock star 2024, let's ride this B*tch right into the rocks.

Not to mention that Biden* set a new personal record Broccoli Index on Friday.
do-not-want-broccoli-dog.jpg
But wait, there's more:

Biden* entered uncharted territory this morning -
his new nadir of 29 is three points below SCOAMF's low point of 26 on 23-Aug'11.

"Independents" is meaningless in our two-party system. It includes everyone from "Republicans are too leftist", to "Democrats are too conservative".
It can either refer to voters' lack of party affiliation,
or their willingness to vote for candidates of either party.
Well, to be fair it can probably refer to some 3rd, 4th, 5th, ... other thing(s).
Thankew for your consideration.

I'm not really serious about a Trump Owens run.

They're both stupid, even if they're both also often right. Trump is his own worst enemy with his big retard mouth, and Owens is way too immature to consider for high office. Owens could make a good rep though.

Honestly the only thing hurting trump is that he essentially “didn’t take his own medicine”. For all the talk of swamp drainage etc, Fauci wasn’t fired. On a lot of positions he needed to tell his advisers “if they’re beltway hacks i don’t want them”.

In MA “independent” is usually code speak for “libtard that’s too ashamed to publicly declare as a democrat, but votes D 98% of the time. “ Then again most of the R’s in this state outside of a few are all frauds anyways. MA GOP is a dumpster fire and the dumpster is filled with burning excrement.

Honestly the only thing hurting trump is that he essentially “didn’t take his own medicine”. For all the talk of swamp drainage etc, Fauci wasn’t fired. On a lot of positions he needed to tell his advisers “if they’re beltway hacks i don’t want them”.
I wonder if he's crafty enough to curate an outer circle, 95% of whom
think they're the 5% that're in the inner circle - but aren't.

The heaviest lifting he'd need to do to have a successful second term
would be to make the list of people who didn't stab him in the back and don't suck,
for appointment as the 2024 cabinet.

Starting with a VP pick. Amidst the chaos of 2020/2021,
someone out on the Intarwebs was claiming that Pompeo didn't suck.
I can't say for sure; I'm jus' sayin'.

He'd also need to perfect a Bum's Rush Process
where the first hint that an appointee has that they're toast
is the herd of U.S. Marshals pushing past the receptionist,
confiscating cell phones, laptops, keyboards, and mice;
and lag-bolting hasps into office doors.
Maybe an ambulance idling at the curb
for any staffers that get butt-stroked For Great Mindshare.

Meh, I really ought to fill in the blanks more often.

The Broccoli Index is defined to be the negative of the Presidential Approval Index rating;
which itself is the Strongly Approve stat[*] minus the Strongly Disapprove stat.

ETA: [*] That is, Kool-Aid Drinkers.

So, the greater the margin of Strong Disapprovers over Strong Approvers,
the more that people Do Not Want the Administration.

Last edited:
I saw a Nuge commercial the other day on Outdoor Channel. I think the guy is getting mega-Botox'd. He suddenly has NO wrinkles in his face. None. ?????

Calvin Coolidge was our greatest President ever. He was not known for charisma, and he didn't seek publicity.

He just did the right thing.

While famous as a man of few words, "Silent Cal" made every single one of his words count.
Coolidge! Coolidge! Coolidge!!!

excited-ronpaul.gif

32!!!!!

I knew he could do it,
sometime soon.

A week and a half ago, two days in a row
he'd hit nadirs of 18 in the Kool-Aid Index.

And a number of times last year he'd summoned the will
to achieve 50% Strongly Disapprove.

All he had to do was depress his core camp-followers
at the same time that The Man On The Street
was really fed up with his feckless senile antics.

And OBTW, both Trump and Obama each had precisely one day
in their entire administrations at a Broccoli Index of 26.

Calvin Coolidge was our greatest President ever. He was not known for charisma, and he didn't seek publicity.

He just did the right thing.

While famous as a man of few words, "Silent Cal" made every single one of his words count.

He certainly knew how to use the power of the Veto to great effect/results....50 vetoes in 6 years

(ETA: Emphasis: I named it that well before ever meeting @Broccoli Iglesias;
it is not some kind of homage
).
If you look at the poll numbers for Trump and Obama, they were pretty damn close to where Biden's numbers are, with approval ratings of right around 50%.
So basically, half the country always hates the sitting President, and that half is obviously the folks in the other party. Shocker.

fine with me as long as he plays stranglehold or journey to the center of the mind at the inauguration
Stranglehold was my high school wrestling jam! Between my Walkman/ Discman, and the shitty 3M earplugs the Corps gave us, the tinnitus is deafening without background noise.
Starve yourself all week, living on black coffee and leafy vegetables, make weight Saturday before a match then eat a bag of Tootsie rolls right before you hit the mat, while listening to Stranglehold and Tom Sawyer at full volume. Sugar rush, anger, grueling practices and 3% body fat make you like a meth addict in a rage. Add to that I could grow a full beard in High school and I had one angry mother from Hingham tell me that I should be put in jail. LOL
Yeah the Nuge will get you pumped up, but sadly if Trump were to remotely suggest him as a running mate, he would loose big time. To fringe.

Stranglehold was my high school wrestling jam! Between my Walkman/ Discman, and the shitty 3M earplugs the Corps gave us, the tinnitus is deafening without background noise.
Starve yourself all week, living on black coffee and leafy vegetables, make weight Saturday before a match then eat a bag of Tootsie rolls right before you hit the mat, while listening to Stranglehold and Tom Sawyer at full volume. Sugar rush, anger, grueling practices and 3% body fat make you like a meth addict in a rage. Add to that I could grow a full beard in High school and I had one angry mother from Hingham tell me that I should be put in jail. LOL
Yeah the Nuge will get you pumped up, but sadly if Trump were to remotely suggest him as a running mate, he would loose big time. To fringe.
saw him open for hendrix 1970 boston garden; my hearing has never been the same LOL

Biden* just set yet another new record Broccoli Index of 33.

And unexpectedly, it is because yet another percentage point
worth of Kool-Aid drinkers noped since yesterday.

Now these are all volatile daily poll results,
albeit a single polling concern using a single methodology.
You can just see peoples' attention span lagging,
and then they get a leetle more ripsh¡t at each new insult.

But in the past week, Biden* has lost 15% of his Kool-Aid drinkers -
they've dwindled from 20% of all parties polled on the 19th,
to 17% on the 26th (today).
And they haven't merely moderated to "Total Approves",
which has also decreased from 41% to 39% in the same 1-week period.

Time for a new NES poll?

Q: Which will decrease first -​
Biden*'s disapproval numbers,​
or 9mm prices?​

If you look at the poll numbers for Trump and Obama, they were pretty damn close to where Biden's numbers are, with approval ratings of right around 50%.
So basically, half the country always hates the sitting President, and that half is obviously the folks in the other party. Shocker.
Here are their stats:
Where Biden's* numbers are:

DATE​
APPROVAL
INDEX​
STRONGLY
APPROVE​
STRONGLY
DISAPPROVE​
TOTAL
APPROVE​
TOTAL
DISAPPROVE​
26-Jan-22​
-33​
17%​
50%​
39%​
60%​

Biden* just set yet another new record Broccoli Index of 33.

And unexpectedly, it is because yet another percentage point
worth of Kool-Aid drinkers noped since yesterday.
New record: Strongly Approve minus Strongly Disapprove equals -34

Also, Strongly Disapprove is a new record of 51%.
Which is over half of everyone polled.

Biden's* numbers are:

DATE​
APPROVAL
INDEX​
STRONGLY
APPROVE​
STRONGLY
DISAPPROVE​
TOTAL
APPROVE​
TOTAL
DISAPPROVE​
14-Jun-22​
-34​
17%​
51%​
38%​
61%​

New record: Strongly Approve minus Strongly Disapprove equals -34

Also, Strongly Disapprove is a new record of 51%.
Which is over half of everyone polled.

Biden's* numbers are:

DATE​
APPROVAL
INDEX​
STRONGLY
APPROVE​
STRONGLY
DISAPPROVE​
TOTAL
APPROVE​
TOTAL
DISAPPROVE​
14-Jun-22​
-34​
17%​
51%​
38%​
61%​

Pudding has a floor much lower than any in the past because he never had supporters to begin with, people voted against trump by voting for pudding but they were not fans of pudding. Most trump, Obama, bush, Clinton etc have a fervent base which sty’s with them regardless of the situation.

and his pro-2A positions produced nothing for us

Back
Top Bottom