• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Try before you buy.

quinnjalan

NES Member
Trying to decide on a riser mount for my new toy. I’ll be running a Trijicon MRO for the main optic and flip up sides for backup. The factory mount is too low, I’m craning my neck, looking over my glasses and my earmuffs a banging on the stock. So rather than buying a few mounts I’m going to 3D print them and find one the feels better. Not going to shoot with them, but using a bit of Velcro to hold the MRO in place I’m able to shoulder and swing the gun around to see how it feels. If I had one of those metal printers I’d be very dangerous!

First up is a Scalerworks Leap/05 1.93”. I found a drawing online with a dimension. With my drafting app I can import images and scale based on a known dimension. The rest is drafting, exporting the STL, slicing and printing.

The first photos shows the old one in front which is 1.75” to center. The 3D printed one is 1.93” to center. Definitely move earmuff room. I might just print a 2.33” one to see how that feels.

0AA5BA86-B290-457B-A18B-012F83D86D05.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom