• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TSA Officers Find Loaded Handgun In Carry-On Bag At Worcester Airport

commodon

NES Member

TSA officers at Worcester Regional Airport said they stopped a Winchendon woman at a security checkpoint Wednesday for having a loaded handgun in her carry-on bag.

The x-ray machine detected the 22. caliber handgun and officers found eight rounds with one in the gun’s chamber, according to the TSA. Massachusetts State Police were called immediately.

worcester-gun-edited.jpg

The gun found at a security checkpoint at Worcester Regional Airport Wednesday. (Photo Credit: TSA)

Travelers are never allowed to have guns in their carry-on bags, and can be subject to criminal charges if they attempt to bring one. The TSA said they can also impose fines of up to $13,333, and a typical first offense for bringing a handgun into a checkpoint is $4,100.

It is unclear whether charges were pressed against the woman or whether she possessed the gun legally.

This is the first time a loaded gun has been detected at the Worcester airport this year. Only one gun was found there last year.

Earlier this month, TSA officers found a loaded handgun in a carry-on bag at Logan Airport, but the man was not charged with a crime.

From TSA Officers Find Loaded Handgun In Carry-On Bag At Worcester Airport

I just noticed this on mass live. That looks more like a .25 or maybe even a .380 to me. But when you have the liberal news media who know little to nothing about firearms they just throw it up there. The irony of it is that a center fire pistol round is more "scary" than a 22.

According to the Worcester Telegram, "A state police spokesman said the woman has a license to carry and was not charged. She was allowed to bring the weapon home and rebook her flight, state police told The Associated Press."

In this climate and in this state I am surprised she wasn’t charged nor had the weapon confiscated. A sliver of normalcy in this bizarre state.

Bob

Well, that's pretty decent of the State Police. I'm very impressed. When I'm going to the Airport to pick someone up, I'm sticking my hand in my empty holster every 5 minutes on the drive down to make sure it's still not there. If I'm flying I hide my Carry Gun on myself. I put it in the big safe and on more than one occasion I've open the little safe to grab my gun and my wife starts yelling " What are you doing, why do you have your holster on, we're flying today, blah blah blah".

Never stash a gun in your suitcase or your work bag. This is how this shit happens.

This is sound advice for the reason stated.

However, I go further and advise students to use bags for shooting that are only used for shooting. Apart from the potential for forgetting a gun in the bag (which may implicate a storage law violation), bags used for shooting are likely to be contaminated with cartridge combustion products that some bomb sniffing machines will trigger on. And how often have you encountered a piece of spent brass that got flipped unknown into your bag? That could cause unneeded hastle if detected by a bag scanner.

Shootings bags, non-shooting bags, and never the twain shall meet.

TSA officers at Worcester Regional Airport said they stopped a Winchendon woman at a security checkpoint Wednesday for having a loaded handgun in her carry-on bag.

The x-ray machine detected the 22. caliber handgun and officers found eight rounds with one in the gun’s chamber, according to the TSA. Massachusetts State Police were called immediately.

worcester-gun-edited.jpg

The gun found at a security checkpoint at Worcester Regional Airport Wednesday. (Photo Credit: TSA)

Travelers are never allowed to have guns in their carry-on bags, and can be subject to criminal charges if they attempt to bring one. The TSA said they can also impose fines of up to $13,333, and a typical first offense for bringing a handgun into a checkpoint is $4,100.

It is unclear whether charges were pressed against the woman or whether she possessed the gun legally.

This is the first time a loaded gun has been detected at the Worcester airport this year. Only one gun was found there last year.

Earlier this month, TSA officers found a loaded handgun in a carry-on bag at Logan Airport, but the man was not charged with a crime.

From TSA Officers Find Loaded Handgun In Carry-On Bag At Worcester Airport

So at least we're better than NYC and NJ, that's something I guess. Don't think you escape with just a $4k fine in those airports .

However, I go further and advise students to use bags for shooting that are only used for shooting. Apart from the potential for forgetting a gun in the bag (which may implicate a storage law violation), bags used for shooting are likely to be contaminated with cartridge combustion products that some bomb sniffing machines will trigger on. And how often have you encountered a piece of spent brass that got flipped unknown into your bag? That could cause unneeded hastle if detected by a bag scanner.

What about women? Can't carry a shooting purse.

I just noticed this on mass live. That looks more like a .25 or maybe even a .380 to me. But when you have the liberal news media who know little to nothing about firearms they just throw it up there. The irony of it is that a center fire pistol round is more "scary" than a 22.

My money is on it being Kel-Tec P-32 .32 ACP with curious hammer block access pin

kel-tec-p-32-hammer-block-axis-pin-150x150.jpg

This is the truth, particularly if you have ever experienced an XXXX on your boarding pass. I have TSA Pre and Global Entry, but still got that treatment once. Wasn't fun, and I'm 99% sure if I had used my range bag that the swabbing would have caused a nice hours long interview in a back room. Not something you want to happen on your way to vacation or a business meeting.

To those unfamiliar with the XXXX, it is extra screening supposedly chosen at random (most likely not always). They toss your bags, swab down the interior and exterior, as well as your hands. Run all of that through a chemical testing machine for traces of bomb component residue, whatever that is supposed to be.

According to the Worcester Telegram, "A state police spokesman said the woman has a license to carry and was not charged. She was allowed to bring the weapon home and rebook her flight, state police told The Associated Press."

That's wonderful news in state with not much gunowner nice news.

That looks more like a .25 or maybe even a .380 to me.
Yeah, maybe it's web photo or something because that ain't no f'n 22.

This is the truth, particularly if you have ever experienced an XXXX on your boarding pass. I have TSA Pre and Global Entry, but still got that treatment once. Wasn't fun, and I'm 99% sure if I had used my range bag that the swabbing would have caused a nice hours long interview in a back room. Not something you want to happen on your way to vacation or a business meeting.

To those unfamiliar with the XXXX, it is extra screening supposedly chosen at random (most likely not always). They toss your bags, swab down the interior and exterior, as well as your hands. Run all of that through a chemical testing machine for traces of bomb component residue, whatever that is supposed to be.

ok. I experienced this coming back from Jamaica 3yrs ago. Leaving Jamaica was NBD, extra 10 minutes, but changing planes in Orlando was an entirely different story. 800 people in line, I get pulled out for the XXXX. I ask if the wife can come with me...Sure. get taken aside and the TSA guy says we have to pat you down...Me: "dude, I was on a nude beach for the past 8 days, I have this shirt and chinos on...i'll be down to my birthdays suit in 3 seconds, cause i really don't give a shit." him: please don't do that. me: I'm totally serious. him: I know you are, just let me do this real quick

on the plus side, we walked past 800 people in line. +1

Yeah. Last year I was packing for a short out of town trip and grabbed a smaller bag that I had used at the range a few times. Found a live .22 round that had fallen out of a box in the bottom of the bag when I started putting stuff in it.

Would have been a real PITA (at a minimum) if I hadn't found it and some drone at the security theatre did.

I once worked for an engineering company where one of our clients was a manufacturer of the explosive propellants for automotive air bags. The whole plant was lousy with nitrates, and our project manager failed bag swabbing multiple times.

Last edited:
Jet Blue to Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale every day and shuttle to Phili I think.
No lines, easy parking.....

Yup. Delta just added direct to Detroit.

Parking 7 bucks a day. Unlike Logan which is 30 a day. And a nightmare to get into unless your going against traffic.

I fly from there every chance I can flew to Florida a couple times last year from there. Simple and easy. 15 mins from the house, dont need to worry about tsa lines, and having to get there hours before the flight.

The normal small airport crap applies. If your flight is late or cancelled there are no options.

Last edited:
A relief to see a common sense response in MA!

Central MA is solid Red with the exception of the city of Worcester. Most of the state cops i know that live in this area would have done the same thing.

Its not a surprise to me. Check her LTC, call her a dummy and move on. The only problem I see here is if the Winchendon Chief decides to be a douche and pull her LTC for her mistake.

Last edited:
Someone want to tell necn that’s not a 22?
Nah - it wouldn’t matter. MSM dont View attachment 303646 care about facts
They already did.............

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom