• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TSA Officers Find Loaded Handgun In Carry-On Bag At Worcester Airport

I'm going to guess that the reason this person walked is because MA doesn't have a guns in airports thing outside of the CMR @ logan. Most of the "busts" for this in MA are unwashed people without LTCs... so they just whack them with "unlawful possession without fid blah blah ammo etc. "

Of course as someone mentioned, there's the suitability bullshit angle, but that's anyone's guess how that would go.

-Mike

My money is on it being Kel-Tec P-32 .32 ACP with curious hammer block access pin

kel-tec-p-32-hammer-block-axis-pin-150x150.jpg
It could be but I believe one thing is for sure, it is not a 22..............

... if you have ever experienced an XXXX on your boarding pass. I ... got that treatment once. ... To those unfamiliar with the XXXX, it is extra screening supposedly chosen at random (most likely not always). They toss your bags, swab down the interior and exterior, as well as your hands. Run all of that through a chemical testing machine for traces of bomb component residue, whatever that is supposed to be.
I got it on a Logan=>Orlando flight for a Disney cruise.
First time I'd flown commercial since getting a <bleep>load of rechargable electronics.
And I'd reflexively crammed my Bat Belt
full of wall warts and sync cables
that were useless until we landed.

Maybe I was afraid of the airline losing our checked luggage,
and I didn't want all the batteries to run down while they scoured the system;
I just don't remember the illogic.

Poor TSA bastard thought he was just gonna
act out the usual security theatre,
then knock off for a 2-hour coffee break.

Until he opened the pack and saw that it had
more wires inside than Goldfinger's A-bomb.

He had to swab
Every.
Single.
One

I thought he was going to run out of swab wet-naps,
and so did he.

He probably clocked out and went home sick afterwards.

I'm going to guess that the reason this person walked is because MA doesn't have a guns in airports thing outside of the CMR @ logan. Most of the "busts" for this in MA are unwashed people without LTCs... so they just whack them with "unlawful possession without fid blah blah ammo etc. "

Of course as someone mentioned, there's the suitability bullshit angle, but that's anyone's guess how that would go.

-Mike
Mike, you better take another look at that CMR. It covers any MassPort airport . . . so Worcester and Bedford (IIRC) are also forbidden places.

Mike, you better take another look at that CMR. It covers any MassPort airport . . . so Worcester and Bedford (IIRC) are also forbidden places.

Thanks for the clarification, had no idea those were under Massport "jursidiction." if you want to call it that.

-Mike

Thanks for the clarification, had no idea those were under Massport "jursidiction." if you want to call it that.

-Mike

Oh yeah....every time something good happens there Massport gets their name in the paper for doing it. They make sure its known that they are doing stuff for the airport.

The reality is, they weren't doing shxt for Worcester Airport for years, yet, the city was paying them an assload of money every year. After getting bent over for a decade, people started asking questions as to whether Massport was just sucking up tax money for nothing. I'm not sure if Polito also started sticking her nose in there and started stinking things up, but around then is when JetBlue started service. Shortly after the Philly, NY thing started with American. Now Detroit.

The reality is, Central MA being what it is, still has its share of Spags mentality skinflints, so they have to make it attractive, but the retarded prices at Logan for parking, and moronic traffic situation getting into Boston help alot. The logistics of locals flying out of Worcester vs. Boston should everything go well is worth at least an extra 50 on the flight. 100 if your parking in Boston for a week. You'll save that all day long in parking and traffic BS. In my limited experience with Jet Blue, the prices sometimes are less than Boston, but average 20-30 dollars more in most cases on a trip to Florida.

Also, now that flight prices tend to be very high in Manchester, that helps too. That used to be my go to airport. Now not so much....

Last edited:
That looks like one of those Extra Large .22 ... the ones that have the school tracking GPS behind the pointy thingy.

(Len, what confused @drgrant is that
you are allowed to pack heat while digging clams
just outside the Worcester airport boundary).

A friend of mine weighs around 300 pounds and sometimes wears a kilt. He was selected for a pat down and the TSA officer asked him if he had anything on under the kilt. "Just what nature provided.", was the answer. "I guess you're okay, go ahead.", came the answer for the TSA guy.

I don't know that I'd wear a kilt just to get past that, but it's an idea.

OTOH, the same friend used his range bag as his carry on. Ooops. He wasn't allowed to fly that day, but he knew the deputy on duty who gave him his gun back and told him he had to leave. He then had to rent a car and drive 14 hours straight to his speaking engagement.

A few weeks later, he got a demand letter from the TSA. I forget the amount, but he was able to negotiate it down and pay it in installments. It wasn't a cheap lesson, but he's not forgotten to check if firearm since.

ok. I experienced this coming back from Jamaica 3yrs ago. Leaving Jamaica was NBD, extra 10 minutes, but changing planes in Orlando was an entirely different story. 800 people in line, I get pulled out for the XXXX. I ask if the wife can come with me...Sure. get taken aside and the TSA guy says we have to pat you down...Me: "dude, I was on a nude beach for the past 8 days, I have this shirt and chinos on...i'll be down to my birthdays suit in 3 seconds, cause i really don't give a shit." him: please don't do that. me: I'm totally serious. him: I know you are, just let me do this real quick

on the plus side, we walked past 800 people in line. +1

A friend of mine weighs around 300 pounds and sometimes wears a kilt. He was selected for a pat down and the TSA officer asked him if he had anything on under the kilt. "Just what nature provided.", was the answer. "I guess you're okay, go ahead.", came the answer for the TSA guy.

I don't know that I'd wear a kilt just to get past that, but it's an idea.

OTOH, the same friend used his range bag as his carry on. Ooops. He wasn't allowed to fly that day, but he knew the deputy on duty who gave him his gun back and told him he had to leave. He then had to rent a car and drive 14 hours straight to his speaking engagement.

A few weeks later, he got a demand letter from the TSA. I forget the amount, but he was able to negotiate it down and pay it in installments. It wasn't a cheap lesson, but he's not forgotten to check if firearm since.
Cheap bastard. Should have spent $100 on a second bag.

Just the thought of having to empty my range bag and fill it with clothing (a range bag that has some oil and powder residue and smells like a range) makes me think tis a really stupid idea.

Not cheap, poor. Works hard, but his divorce and child support mean that he's always short of money.

Nice working being judgemental, though.

Cheap bastard. Should have spent $100 on a second bag.

Just the thought of having to empty my range bag and fill it with clothing (a range bag that has some oil and powder residue and smells like a range) makes me think tis a really stupid idea.

According to the Worcester Telegram, "A state police spokesman said the woman has a license to carry and was not charged. She was allowed to bring the weapon home and rebook her flight, state police told The Associated Press."

'She' is the keyword here if it was a 'he'....he'd be effed big time

I learned all about optics in the last 2 years

Back
Top Bottom