• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tula Brassmaxx 9mm suxx

Nice range day trip yesterday to shoot off some carry ammo that had been sitting around for a while. Brought my PM9 (primary carry gun) and my G17 (things going bump in the night gun). Shot off my HSTs and then some Federal target ammo - no issues and loads of good clean fun. Had a tube of the Brassmaxx I picked up cause it was cheap. Best I can say for it was it went bang. Shells ejected straight up from both guns. Not enough juice to lock the slide back on the PM9 (no I wasn't limping) AND I got my only ever FTF with my G17 (and I've put a lotta rounds through it) - round nosed into the ramp.

So it works but it's absolutely underpowered.

I've shot a shitload of brassmax threw my pm9 and all of my other pistols and rifles and never had an issue. Its been good cheap plinking ammo to me.

Shot about 5 of those 100 round tube cases of the stuff through my Glock 26 and 19. Never had any issues with the stuff. Purchased it all at Walmart over a couple trips.

I live me some brassmax / perfecta, no issues in my PM9 or glocks and cheap. Leaves my trigger group all glittery with golden flakes too.

I've had good luck with it. Most cheap ammo is a bit on the weak side. But never had a problem cycling with it or having the slide not lock back.

Used it in my G17 also.

Brassmaxx always functioned in my guns except out of the ~500 rounds I've shot, I had one round with a wrinkled/split case.

I was with Bob P when he was shooting, and also shooting my own PM9.

In a weak moment I had bought some steel cased Tula. I was shooting it yesterday and my shots were all over the place. I was beginning to think I was doing something really wrong while shooting.

So I grabbed a box of 124gr Aguila from the trunk. And I was spot on. A tight group just to the left of the bullseye.

Tula S*CKS!!!!!!!

I have also shot tons of this stuff through all my guns maybe a FTF here and there but nothing crazy. I love cheap brassmaxx.

Shot about 5 of those 100 round tube cases of the stuff through my Glock 26 and 19. Never had any issues with the stuff. Purchased it all at Walmart over a couple trips.
Same but many more than 5 tubs and I did have a few rounds that looked funky when I was loading the mag, you get what you pay for I guess

I shot a lot of this ammo with no issues. For a while, before I was reloading my 9MM I was buying it at my local Walmart and had no issues. I had similar experience with the 380. I shot a couple cases of this stuff with close to zero issues.

I haven't seen the tubs of brassmaxx in a long time, but they were great when I last shot them. No problems of any sort.

Tula steel on the other hand, that gets ejected straight up and has a 50% chance of landing on my head.

I have shot it through my PM9 and G26 without issue but I wasn't looking for 1/4 inch groupings, just hitting steel at 40 feet. It went bang every time with zero issues...about 300 rounds.

It's skinflint ammo so not surprising, better than nothing and im glad its in the market, takes price pressure off the good stuff.

How cheap is cheap here? I would personally pay an extra .01-.02/rnd for good quality ammo. There are plenty of places local and at least one online location (shipped to mass even) that one can get perfectly acceptable quality ammo at very reasonable prices.

Never had an issue with perfecta, at least with the 9mm. Much better than the aluminum and steel ammo for the same price.

Back
Top Bottom