Tulammo or Tula Ammo - 9mm FMJ Steel Cases from Wally World 150 round review.

Hi, I picked up 150 rounds of Tulammo 9mm FMJ Solid Core, Steel Cases.

I had reservations about firing the ammo after I read reviews but I can say that out of 150 rounds, I had one warped bullet which I tossed into the dud bucket. I didn't save a picture of it. Sorry.

149 rounds fired perfectly through my Beretta 92F and my S&W M&P Shield. About 75 rounds each.

At 11 dollars a box (MA prices), it's was great value as practice ammo.

Cheers.

S

I had reservations about firing the ammo after I read reviews but I can say that out of 150 rounds, I had one warped bullet which I tossed into the dud bucket. I didn't save a picture of it. Sorry.

149 rounds fired perfectly through my Beretta 92F and my S&W M&P Shield. About 75 rounds each.

Cheers.

S

115 Grain BTW.

And below is the specs from the website. I think I should have kept my one sketchy round and contacted the mfg... oh well!

Manufacturer: TULAMMO USA TA919150
Item: AMM-4700
UPC: 814950011531

9x19mm, TulAmmo, 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket Bullet, 50 Round Box, 1150 fps.

Manufactured at the Tula Cartridge works in Russia.
Polymer coated steel case.
Bimetal jacket (copper over steel) will attract a magnet.
Berdan Primed
Non corrosive.
Non reloadable.

Non-returnable item.
Muzzle velocity: 1150 fps.
Uses: Target Shooting, Training, Plinking.

9mm is also known and listed as 9x19mm, 9mm Parabellum, 9mm Para, 9mm NATO and 9mm Luger.
For quality issues and concerns please contact:
Lisa Weaver
[email protected]
888-317-5810 x4006

Cheers.

S

ya its cheap and runs fine for me, just clean your gun after its dirty

With the S&W autos (m&p and Sigma) this ammo increases accuracy. The faster velocity (50-100 fps higher than others) gets the round out before the barrel starts flopping around.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

One thing to watch for, I found the Tul Ammo steel case did not work in the mags of my XDM-9mm. It did for a couple years when I bought the pistol, I even used it to win the Hora Delor shoot a couple winters ago but lately the ammo would just bind up in the magazines, all 7 magazines I owned. Something may have been changed on the lacquer coating the last year or so. Nickel and brass feed fine in the magazines.

Since Tul is the only ammo I can reliably find in my area I just traded in the xdm for a glock last weekend.

In my AR I find that the Tula 223 shoots very well, I brought AE, Winchester 556, and PMC. Tula had better groups. I will try again next week.with the same brands

I'm not sure if it was Tula, but i ended up with some steel .45 in with my brass. It was boxer primed, so just for yucks, I tried reloading it.

It worked fine. I'd only attempt this with carbide dies.

Don

In my AR I find that the Tula 223 shoots very well, I brought AE, Winchester 556, and PMC. Tula had better groups. I will try again next week.with the same brands

Brought my M&P 15 back to the range and brought 20 rds of AE, 50rds Brassmaxx, 20rds Steel tula, and 40rds PMC, all shot pretty much the same and even had a very well compaired group between the tula steel vs PMC. and again I had 0 issues with my Sport Model, so far in 1k rounds i had 1 bad round of Independance 556....Thats pretty good if you ask me.

I have tons of tula 9mm $10.30 at my walmart and people are afraid to touch it so I buy it. Save myself $4 each box at the range.

I have tons of tula 9mm $10.30 at my walmart and people are afraid to touch it so I buy it. Save myself $4 each box at the range.

I couldn't agree more. Look at it this way. A replacement handgun barrel is $160.

You've paid for the barrel in 2000 rounds. If it even ever does cause a problem. As long as it runs ok.
I'll run steel ammo in my chrome lined ARs. To save $100/thousand it just makes sense.

I will use it for plinking, but if I'm going to do anything where the gun will run hot, I switch to brass. I've had trouble with it when shooting quickly over time. (carbine class specifically) But again, if you consider the price difference, you can buy yourself a new Bravo Company barrel every 2300 rounds. So as long as the gun runs, its hard to argue against.

With that said, I'd never run steel through my stainless Lilja match barrel.

Last edited:
This thread is almost a month old but the other day I was lucky enough to find 3 boxes of Tula BrassMaxx 9mm at Walmart. They were asking 13.87 a box. I guess its made by fiocchi in Italy.

This thread is almost a month old but the other day I was lucky enough to find 3 boxes of Tula BrassMaxx 9mm at Walmart. They were asking 13.87 a box. I guess its made by fiocchi in Italy.

Ya Walmart been getting it somewhat regularly lately, a step up from the steel for a couple bucks

Back
Top Bottom