• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tulammo

1 bad primer , in a few hundred (223) . 9mm never an issue.

If you run light springs in your guns, you may have to hit some twice with the 9mm. Never had one not fire on the second hit though. SA/DA for the win. .223 and .308 has always been great.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I find that yellow UMC stuff to be much dirtier and smokey and that costs a lot more.

It used to be all I shot in 7.62x39. Thousands of rounds of it and I never had a problem. Once I discovered Golden Tiger was cheaper, I mostly switched over. I still buy Tula when I find a great deal on it.

I shot a few boxes of Tula 9mm. Never had a problem with that either, but it was dirtier. Since the Federal 100 round packs were the same price per round, I always stuck with that.

I've bought a couple of cases of it in .223 as well. I don't think I have cracked those open yet, but for 27 cents a round, I couldn't resist.

I've only shot a few boxes of Tula out of my SKS but noticed it was definitely dirtier than the Brown Bear. All I shoot is Brown Bear although I have noticed some rust on the piston a couple times (out of ~2,000 BB rounds) which is probably from a few rounds having corrosive primers.

Just bought three boxes of .45acp, have not yet tried it but for just under 30c/rd I couldn't resist (Nasua 101A Walmart)
I may get a chance to try it this weekend.

My experience...
1) light on powder... very soft rounds
2) steel case wreaks havoc with extractors
3) steel cases like to "stick" to each other when loading mags (especially 9mm)
4) ak stuff runs, 223 stuff runs, 9mm stuff is hit or miss
5) marginal accuracy in handgun, little better in rifle
6) I never found it to be that dirty

I will feed it to my AK. If I wasn't reloading, my AR would get some too. After one case through a handgun.... I think I threw the last box of 9mm in a dud box somewhere.....

works fine on my sks, never an issue. now that i think of it my sks likes to munch every kind of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom