Turn around time from Rock River Arms?

I ordered an upper half yesterday from RRA. The guy on the phone said the turnaround time was 30-90 days. I asked him what the real turnaround time was and he said (just like Joe Friday) 30-90 days. I understand that each RRA rifle/upper half is essentially a custom build - they appearantly don't have stock rifle/halves already built.

Has anyone ordered from RRA before? Any idea of the actual turnaround time? I'm in no rush, but would like to be able to shoot before the fall.

They usually have a large contingent at Camp Perry, so I'm not surprised that it takes that long right around this time of year.

B

I ordered mine through an ffl. No news yet. From what I understand they will hit your cc right before they ship. Im not 100% sure of that though. They have a rep in the forums at ar15.com

I bought an LAR-15 earlier this year. The lead time quoted at purchase was about 5 weeks. When delivery time approached, the lead time (on the web site) increased to 8 weeks, then again to 90 days (what it is now). The rifle arrived the day before the 90 days was up.

Rock River manufactures nothing themselves. Everything is purchased from other manufactures. Rock River will put you on back order for as long as it takes them to put together a large enough order to have the parts they do not have in stock manufactured.
An example would be upper receivers Rock River can't send an order to CMT for just a few uppers, the order has to be for large quantity like a 1000 units. If Rock River is out they would have to take orders to fill the manufacture order. Once they have all the parts they fill the orders. This is why it takes so long to get a Rock River order filled.
You are only purchasing someone else’s parts with the Rock River name on them anyway. Why wait there are a lot of AR's on the market using the same parts. You could even have a custom AR built for you for around the same money and have it right away no wait, in some cases with better parts and a better warranty.
There is nothing wrong with a Rock River AR they make a nice product; however do you want to wait?
There are other options available to you.

For my first AR, I ordered a RRA National Match from Pete at AR15sales.com. This was during the peak of the Obama fear purchasing and Pete told me that it could take 6 months to receive. As luck would have it, about 3 weeks later Pete called me and said that there was a manufacturing run of rifles for Camp Perry and that my NM had arrived. I was pleasantly surprised and Pete said that he had never seen a production lead time cut so short. And it is one sweet shooting rifle.

Fast forward about 2 years, and I just had John at Remsport build a carbine upper for me, and I assembled the 2009 NES stripped lower receiver as a late night father/son project. I couldn't be happier with the quality of Remsport's work and John's eagerness to please. I'll certainly be working with him again in the future.

Remsport or not, AR assemblers that can get a product out in short-time (or at least have a good read on what's in-stock) aren't exactly rare. I had no idea Rock River took that much time.

The build I completed last week with a Remsport upper. I have a RRA, Stag and now a Remsport. Couldn't be happier with the Remsport. John was great. Sully Trigger guard installed last night.

Time to do a Group Buy and a Group Build party.

20tib06.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered an upper half yesterday from RRA. The guy on the phone said the turnaround time was 30-90 days. I asked him what the real turnaround time was and he said (just like Joe Friday) 30-90 days. I understand that each RRA rifle/upper half is essentially a custom build - they appearantly don't have stock rifle/halves already built.

Has anyone ordered from RRA before? Any idea of the actual turnaround time? I'm in no rush, but would like to be able to shoot before the fall.

New turnaround time... 6-8 months!
Good news is they don't charge you until shipped.
Bad news is it will never ship due to any Biden Executive Orders.
Worse news is it will ship, just not to Mass

I called about an order, they DO ship uppers to Mass, just need to keep the State House from doing something stupid in this age of stupidity!

On 9/8/2020 I called RRA about in stock available to ship LAR 8 standard A-4, 9/11 order was to ship in 7-10 days. Firearm never arrived checked with RRA why not shipped told they only build firearms upon order & would be 60-90 days. Called 11/12 2020 talked to an arrogant Brian said would be 6 months or longer. You can see this is from Mr. Brian they take your money tell you firearm is in stock when it isn't. RRA doesn't manufacture anything they only get parts from wherever & assemble them & is why quality of firearms are horrible. You can go online or call a lot of places & order high quality parts from same supplier, assemble yourself shouldn't take more than two hours to do so. I have two Lar-15 from them had lot of play at take down pin where upper & lower go together, RRA wouldn't would not stand by their product IE: warranty. Had to take to excellent machinist & correct fit. RRA says will shoot 1MOA at 100 yds wrong may get 10 ft. at 100 yds & after correcting junk rifle would shoot sub 1MOA.
So don't expect your your rifle parts anytime soon maybe Christmas 2021. They also charge shipping on firearms not complete then send parts later & charge same amount for shipping again, sounds like fraud to be. Company is founded on concept of FRAUD.

On 9/8/2020 I called RRA about in stock available to ship LAR 8 standard A-4, 9/11 order was to ship in 7-10 days. Firearm never arrived checked with RRA why not shipped told they only build firearms upon order & would be 60-90 days. Called 11/12 2020 talked to an arrogant Brian said would be 6 months or longer. You can see this is from Mr. Brian they take your money tell you firearm is in stock when it isn't. RRA doesn't manufacture anything they only get parts from wherever & assemble them & is why quality of firearms are horrible. You can go online or call a lot of places & order high quality parts from same supplier, assemble yourself shouldn't take more than two hours to do so. I have two Lar-15 from them had lot of play at take down pin where upper & lower go together, RRA wouldn't would not stand by their product IE: warranty. Had to take to excellent machinist & correct fit. RRA says will shoot 1MOA at 100 yds wrong may get 10 ft. at 100 yds & after correcting junk rifle would shoot sub 1MOA.
So don't expect your your rifle parts anytime soon maybe Christmas 2021. They also charge shipping on firearms not complete then send parts later & charge same amount for shipping again, sounds like fraud to be. Company is founded on concept of FRAUD.
i have not purchased anything from RRA since 2017. Shipping costs as far as I remember rifles and uppers ship free CONUS
I never had a problem with any of thier products.
Most people dont understand many of the "AR " companies are just having parts made and labeled for them. All three match barrels will shoot moa with FGMM ammo.
Their shipping on parts does sorta suck, they charge like $20 min ......the way around that is order plenty of parts as i have never been charged more than $20ish.

During the time of covid dont be in a rush to get anything.

Serious questions as I have 2 upper/lower fit issues.

1. What did your machine ship do to fix the loose take down fit?
2. What did you do to get your RRA rifle to shoot moa. What model did you get and what ammo do you use.

New turnaround time... 6-8 months!
Good news is they don't charge you until shipped.
Bad news is it will never ship due to any Biden Executive Orders.
Worse news is it will ship, just not to Mass

I called about an order, they DO ship uppers to Mass, just need to keep the State House from doing something stupid in this age of stupidity!

Just got an e-mail saying the same thing-

Dan
We are about 6 months out right now.
Thank you

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 9:19 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: A message from Rock River Arms Subject: General Questions

I ordered a builders special from Tromix, barrel and bolt, gas block and tube and complete upper receiver. Got it in less than a week but maybe it's because of the caliber. While popular I don't think there are as many 458 Socom's going out the door than the more popular AR calibers. Been stocking up on AR parts for a while now so I have a good inventory to build up a few guns.

The build I completed last week with a Remsport upper. I have a RRA, Stag and now a Remsport. Couldn't be happier with the Remsport. John was great. Sully Trigger guard installed last night.

Time to do a Group Buy and a Group Build party.

20tib06.jpg
necrothread alert.... i wanna build but have zero clue what i’m doing!

necrothread alert.... i wanna build but have zero clue what i’m doing!
thats ok if you figured out how to post on the internet you can put together a AR
oh and just for the record post 2010 RRA and most vendors where back logged 4-8 seeks or longer.
Hang on everyone shits going to get interesting.

thats ok if you figured out how to post on the internet you can put together a AR
oh and just for the record post 2010 RRA and most vendors where back logged 4-8 seeks or longer.
Hang on everyone shits going to get interesting.

I think they have stuff listed on the website as In-Stock, or they did for what I was looking for.
E-mailed em before I dropped the hammer on an upper.

I think they have stuff listed on the website as In-Stock, or they did for what I was looking for.
E-mailed em before I dropped the hammer on an
upper.
i almost ordered a upper, looking for a basic 16" upper. Was looking at the RRage for a optics only carbine for fun plinking, the 16" NM " cmp" upper was on my radar also.

Last edited:
Ok so your saying you had 2 RRA AR that both required re tooling by a excellent machinist and you went and ordered a 3rd? Why?
Now stop neg rep people for asking questions.
Thats not what the feed back system is for.

I have several ARs all makes. I have 2 lowers areo and anderson and 2 uppers, frankly I forget who made those. They both fit poorly together.
My best fitting uppers and lowers are paired up together.
I rather see if the 2 sloppy fitting ARs can be fixed vs the plastic wedge fix.

@USAFSOF

Wow, what a dick move to drop neg rep on someone for asking questions pertinent to the thread. Your behavior and lack of basic writing skills leads me to think that you are posting from your basement while playing with your Airsoft AR's. Maybe you came here to cause trouble after getting the boot from arf-com?

For general range blasting and plate plinking, upper to lower slop isn't really a concern. For competition AR's- I am my own 'machinist' and spend ~50 cents and 20 seconds to install a small No. 7 O-ring over the front trunnion on the upper.

Regarding RRA, I have a couple of their competition triggers and have shot 3 of their AR's in high power competition. Everything has performed flawlessly and that is what I hear from others. RRA does excellent work and makes a solid product. No- RRA is not the first choice of mall ninjas and guys who start and end every sentence with 'brah', but many serious competitors rely on them for very good accuracy at halfway decent pricing.

Back
Top Bottom