• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Twice as lethal. Twice!!!!

From the people who brought you "a 9mm will blow your lung out"

"SIG Sauer’s new MCX-SPEAR fires bullets with twice the kinetic energy of those from an AR-15. That means double the horrifying force that mangled the victims of the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, and left one youngster essentially decapitated."

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

"The .277 Fury or 6.8×51mm Common Cartridge, (designated as the .277 SIG Fury by the SAAMI is a centerfire rimless bottlenecked rifle cartridge announced by SIG Sauer in late 2019. Its hybrid three-piece cartridge case has a steel case head and brass body connected by an aluminum locking washer to support the high chamber pressure of 80,000 psi. " "The XM7 was designed to fire the 6.8×51mm SIG Fury cartridge in response to concerns that improvements in body armor would diminish the effectiveness of the 5.56×45mm NATO round used in the M4 carbine and M249 SAW and increase their lethality and effective range compared to common battlefield rounds such as the 5.56×45mm NATO and 7.62×51mm NATO. (Wikipedia)

8,000 dollar price tag..... Yea, I'm sure those bent on murder will be lining up to buy them at that price.... because none of the other guns on the market would do the job at a fraction of the cost.... and the ammo is what, a dollar a round and available only from one manufacturer.... Yea... they'll be lining up...

hybrid three-piece cartridge case has a steel case head and brass body connected by an aluminum locking washer to support the high chamber pressure of 80,000 psi
put just a bit of sand on the steel and i guarantee that case head will be ripped out and remain in the chamber.

80,000 PSI? I wonder what that will do to bore life.
Pretty sure it's discussed here:

Why is the Army adopting that again? Why does the Army have retarded requirements for its weapons? Halp.

So it will defeat any body out there. Just how, do you throw the rifle at them and it automatically unbuckles their armor? If so, SIG needs to market a version to middle school boys for swift training bra removal. Lol

can it decapitate a youngster twice? I don’t get it. So an AR15 bullet can take the head of a kid off but this is worse because it can do double the damage of that. So like it can kill both conjoined twins or something? Is that what we’re worried about now?

I don’t think there’s body armor out there that could stop 308 or 6.5 CM, let alone 300 winmag, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC etc. the Fury is just the latest addition to the list. I hope nobody told the Daily Beast about AR 10s. They’d need their brown pants, I tell you that.

I don’t think there’s body armor out there that could stop 308 or 6.5 CM, let alone 300 winmag, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC etc. the Fury is just the latest addition to the list. I hope nobody told the Daily Beast about AR 10s. They’d need their brown pants, I tell you that.
My rough understanding is that lvl 3 plates will stop up to .30-06 fmj, while lvl 4 plates will do the same but for AP rounds.

300 win mag 6.8 fury, and probably even 6.5 creed all exceed 30-06’s penetration capability, whereas 5.56, 6.8spc, 6.5grendel, 7.62x39, and other intermediate rifle loads certainly do not.

Full power 30-06 is just a tad more powerful than 7.62nato/.308 (old milsurp is not full power).

Of course none of this is even relevant. Civvies aren’t wearing armor, and regular police aren’t wearing rifle plates most of the time.

Don’t waste your breath arguing with anti’s either. They don’t know, they don’t want to know, and if they did know they still wouldn’t care.

They want to ban guns as a way to disempower their political opponents (you). Everything else is a post-hoc rationalization at best, and dishonest at worst.

My rough understanding is that lvl 3 plates will stop up to .30-06 fmj, while lvl 4 plates will do the same but for AP rounds.

300 win mag 6.8 fury, and probably even 6.5 creed all exceed 30-06’s penetration capability, whereas 5.56, 6.8spc, 6.5grendel, 7.62x39, and other intermediate rifle loads certainly do not.

Full power 30-06 is just a tad more powerful than 7.62nato/.308 (old milsurp is not full power).

Of course none of this is even relevant. Civvies aren’t wearing armor, and regular police aren’t wearing rifle plates most of the time.

Don’t waste your breath arguing with anti’s either. They don’t know, they don’t want to know, and if they did know they still wouldn’t care.

They want to ban guns as a way to disempower their political opponents (you). Everything else is a post-hoc rationalization at best, and dishonest at worst.
LvL 4 will stop 30-06 M2 AP rounds. But those are very old AP designs. I don’t think LvL 4 is able to defeat modern AP designs for modern calibers. That said, AP rounds are rarer than unicorn farts out in conventional militaries. Tungsten is just too pricey.

There is a thought that 6.8x51 may be able to defeat LvL4 with a standard issue “A1” style bullet, similar to M855A1/M80A1. M855A1 can already defeat Lvl 3+. But there is no testing of that yet as no civilians have access to the actual military cartridges. Only military-pressure cartridges.

Overall though, the benefit of 6.8x51 is more about hit percentage at range and defeating barriers (e.g. turning bricks/cinder blocks into not-cover with fewer rounds).

I don’t think LvL 4 is able to defeat modern AP designs
both black tip modern .308 and soviet 7.62x54 make nice melted holes in any wearable armor. unless you wear a tank around you.

a 855 green tip may go through most of the civilian grade lev3 stuff on closer distances, but no guarantees. it is still going to work well through car door and most glass, so, it is good to have it.

Back
Top Bottom