Twitter: Woman Removes full auto M4 from Texas National guard vehicle

Love the "settled law" bullshit - no law is settled. See Dobbs and Bruen. Hint the Sullivan laws that Bruen strikes down were enacted in 1911.

She did not enter a government vehicle illegally. The government trespassed on her land illegally and created an attractive nuisance issue for her, which she resolved by securing the firearm in question. Had she knowingly left the firearm accessible on her land and it had been used to injure someone she would very likely been held accountable, especially if she was a permit holder which would lead on to believe she understood the danger of an unsecured and unattended firearm.

Law is based on a reasonable person's viewpoint. A reasonable jury of her peers (Texans) would likely find that she acted appropriately in the circumstance.

All of this assumes that the story is true that the guardsmen left the firearm unattended - the trespass need not be true to allow her to correct the attractive nuisance issue created by the guard but it does add to her case if they were trespassing.

The company commander involved needs to be visiting her, thanking her profusely, and writing an affidavit that exonerates her. She's the reason he's not in trouble: it's his name on the property book, and his ass if the weapon goes missing. She safeguarded it for him, he owes her.

What his first sergeant does to the Joe that left the rifle unattended is another matter, lol.

The company commander involved needs to be visiting her, thanking her profusely, and writing an affidavit that exonerates her. She's the reason he's not in trouble: it's his name on the property book, and his ass if the weapon goes missing. She safeguarded it for him, he owes her.

What his first sergeant does to the Joe that left the rifle unattended is another matter, lol.
Can a person get a RSI from doing too many push-ups? How about squats? What's the process to enter said Joe into a study population of 1?

I was only in the guard so field experience is lacking.
However I will never forget the day in basic when one poor bastard left his rifle at the barracks when we were being bussed to a distant range. It was several miles out when he realized it and told the drill.
Poor bastard was tossed off the bus and made to run beside it as we drove back. The drill was standing in the door mind f***ing him the entire way. It was an epic smoking that everyone on that bus will never forget.

I agree but NFA has been settled law for 90 years. Until it gets overturned, we still have to abide by it. She still illegally entered a government vehicle and removed a machine gun from it without permission.

Do you even listen to yourself?

The firearm was left unsecured, unattended, in a vehicle that was on property that it shouldn't have been on. She retrieved it, secured it, and notified the appropriate personnel that she had done so.

Correct, I know a MANG Company CO who was relieved because his full timer transferred some M16's out for maintenance and then told him all were returned when a few were at armorer for maintenance. Routine Arms room inventory check turned up missing weapons. We used to do full count everytime we issued weapons and every quarter full serial number inventory.

In today's National Guard?

Probably the worst that will happen is he's disenrolled and can't collect a check any longer.

As to the claims that the Butterfly Lady is some moonbat leftard... so what if she is? Even moonbats have the right to not have their property damaged by the government.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(5) a tire deflation device;
Claim it was left behind by Santa Ana.

The firearm was left unsecured, unattended, in a vehicle that was on property that it shouldn't have been on. She retrieved it, secured it, and notified the appropriate personnel that she had done so.
I bet the miscreants would have reappeared toot sweet
if she did a sky pop mag dump with her own carry piece.

I agree but NFA has been settled law for 90 years. Until it gets overturned, we still have to abide by it. She still illegally entered a government vehicle and removed a machine gun from it without permission.

lol not sure if serious, why do you guys care so much if this lady touches a machine gun?

btw its in a vehicle illegally parked on HER LAND.

They basically BROUGHT IT THERE.

This wasnt a truck on a public way or on some 3rd parties property.

It's no different than a kid throwing a bicycle in my yard and then me taking it and putting it in my garage until the kids parents come looking for
it. Then I give the bike back and give a polite lecture of "you might wanna tell yer kid not to leave shit in strangers yards, I took his bike in so that SOME OTHER KID wouldnt
friggan steal it off my lawn. Maybe get him a bike lock so he could at least lock it to a street sign or something if he has to ditch it somewhere.

So you can't play the "theft" card unless you can prove there was some kind of intent there to keep the gun, which there obviously wasn't, in this case.

As far as the NFA goes "we still have to obey it?" LOL like as if its some kind of ethical thing

I obey federal gun laws becuase I want to stay out of jail not because I respect them. I'm not going to get up and applause when someone is getting railed by law that is complete
f***ing garbage.

Not to mention she likely has a good case under doctrine of competing harms.

This is no different than an FBI agent leaving a satchel in a public park containing a service pistol and some gun owning parent noticing that and hanging on to the parcel until it can be safely returned. You're going to give shit to a parent for securing that firearm so some kid cant find it and cause a problem? OH NOES THEY TOUCHED GUMMINT PROPERTY!!!! doesnt hold water. 🤣

lol not sure if serious, why do you guys care so much if this lady touches a machine gun?

btw its in a vehicle illegally parked on HER LAND.

They basically BROUGHT IT THERE.

This wasnt a truck on a public way or on some 3rd parties property.

It's no different than a kid throwing a bicycle in my yard and then me taking it and putting it in my garage until the kids parents come looking for
it. Then I give the bike back and give a polite lecture of "you might wanna tell yer kid not to leave shit in strangers yards, I took his bike in so that SOME OTHER KID wouldnt
friggan steal it off my lawn. Maybe get him a bike lock so he could at least lock it to a street sign or something if he has to ditch it somewhere.

So you can't play the "theft" card unless you can prove there was some kind of intent there to keep the gun, which there obviously wasn't, in this case.

As far as the NFA goes "we still have to obey it?" LOL like as if its some kind of ethical thing

I obey federal gun laws becuase I want to stay out of jail not because I respect them. I'm not going to get up and applause when someone is getting railed by law that is complete
f***ing garbage.

Not to mention she likely has a good case under doctrine of competing harms.

This is no different than an FBI agent leaving a satchel in a public park containing a service pistol and some gun owning parent noticing that and hanging on to the parcel until it can be safely returned. You're going to give shit to a parent for securing that firearm so some kid cant find it and cause a problem? OH NOES THEY TOUCHED GUMMINT PROPERTY!!!! doesnt hold water. 🤣
It's even better because she directly contacted the guard.

In your examples, this isn't waiting for the parents/boss to come to you - it's calling them up: "hi, Mrs Businblah? Johnny left his bike on my lawn again. Before any of the other kids steal it, I locked it in my garage. I know you've talked to him about this before, so I'll hold it until you have a minute to pick it up." Or calling that FBI agent's CO: "hi, Cdr Businblah? Yeah, Agent Johnny dropped his satchel of guns on my porch. Before this ends up in the news as the next Fast & Furious, I locked it in my office. You can come get it whenever you think he's had enough time to sweat."

You two dimensional smooth-brained crayon eaters seem intent on thinking there are only two legitimate scenarios. 1. She leaves the rifle and vehicle and runs the risk of El Chapo getting ahold of it and shooting up a grocery store with it. 2. She takes the rifle and earns her TX Citizen of the year award for her selfless “think of the children” actions. How about a bunch of other choices, like, gee, I don’t know, call the cops so they can come secure the rifle and simultaneously arrange to have the vehicle be towed off her property? @drgrant, agree that I follow NFA because I don’t want to go to jail and become a prohibited person, not because I agree with it. To you dumbshits arguing “its unconstitutional“, good luck with that defense in federal court. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
Some folks here are twisting themselves in knots to jam this woman up.

Put yourself in her shoes: you find an M4 in a truck on your land. You know damn well it doesn't belong there. You intend to call the coppers and get rid of it.

Do you honestly just walk away and leave it there for anyone else to find? Of course not. You, an ethical gun owner who understands firearm safety, secure it before some ne'er-do-well can nab it. Then you call the cops and get rid of it. Maybe you stay with the rifle until someone can come, but either way, you don't let it out of your sight. Do you?

There's a term for that, and it ain't "felon." It's "good citizen."

You smooth brained crayon eaters seem intent on thinking the only two legitimate scenarios are 1. She leaves the rifle and vehicle and runs the risk of El Chapo shooting up a grocery store with it. 2. She takes the rifle and earns her TX Citizen of the year award for her selfless “think of the children” actions. How about a bunch of other choices, like, gee, I don’t know, call the cops so they can come secure the rifle and simultaneously arrange to have the vehicle be towed off her property?

Calling the cops was likely to result in an even shittier outcome unless she knew them well.

I think the loose gun thing is meritless in this case (in terms of community danger) but I can 110% see how it would easily get sold to a jury. At the federal level there is zero chance in hell an USA or AUSA would indict her for touching the thing. That's what we call a "bad look. "

Calling the cops was likely to result in an even shittier outcome unless she knew them well.

I think the loose gun thing is meritless in this case (in terms of community danger) but I can 110% see how it would easily get sold to a jury. At the federal level there is zero chance in hell an USA or AUSA would indict her for touching the thing. That's what we call a "bad look. "
Please explain why calling the police to report an abandoned government vehicle with an unsecured rifle in it left on her property results in an even shittier outcome if she doesn’t know them.

You two dimensional smooth-brained crayon eaters seem intent on thinking there are only two legitimate scenarios. 1. She leaves the rifle and vehicle and runs the risk of El Chapo getting ahold of it and shooting up a grocery store with it. 2. She takes the rifle and earns her TX Citizen of the year award for her selfless “think of the children” actions. How about a bunch of other choices, like, gee, I don’t know, call the cops so they can come secure the rifle and simultaneously arrange to have the vehicle be towed off her property? @drgrant, agree that I follow NFA because I don’t want to go to jail and become a prohibited person, not because I agree with it. To you dumbshits arguing “its unconstitutional“, good luck with that defense in federal court. Let me know how it goes.
You've been here for a while and you say "like, gee, I don’t know, call the cops so they can come secure the rifle " Most of us don't invite the cops onto our property unless it's an emergency. I would venture a guess that would be a great way to end up handcuffed on your front porch.

You've been here for a while and you say "like, gee, I don’t know, call the cops so they can come secure the rifle " Most of us don't invite the cops onto our property unless it's an emergency. I would venture a guess that would be a great way to end up handcuffed on your front porch.
Naw man, everything worked out for Eurie Stamps, right?

If on State Active Duty, they are employed by the state not the guard/military. All vehicles, individuals and equipment are loaned to the state and the guard must be reimbursed for the use by the state.

An abandoned government vehicle with a loaded full auto M4 wedged in between the seat and console isn’t a cat stuck in a tree. For all anyone knows, Tuco Salamanca killed a Fed and took his service rifle and was meeting a bunch of his buddies at some underground meth lab nearby.

AKA Karen with a Twitter acct
Did you undergo a recent screenname change? I don’t remember seeing that name around in the past yet you’ve been here since 2008?

Not attacking you, just curious. Lot of people change names and others don’t even realize it’s someone they already knew.

An abandoned government vehicle with a loaded full auto M4 wedged in between the seat and console isn’t a cat stuck in a tree. For all anyone knows, Tuco Salamanca killed a Fed and took his service rifle and was meeting a bunch of his buddies at some underground meth lab nearby.
Watching too much TV.

Did you undergo a recent screenname change? I don’t remember seeing that name around in the past yet you’ve been here since 2008?

Not attacking you, just curious. Lot of people change names and others don’t even realize it’s someone they already knew.
I did

Back
Top Bottom