• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two Officers Killed, Third Wounded in Shooting in Palm Springs, California

He threatened to shoot them through the door, yet they stand there to talk with him. Just saying.

Are you hinting at the bravery of the officers trying to talk the son down instead of escalating the situation or suggesting he gave the fair warning and shots were justified? I'd like to think its the former and most officers are actually trying to help.

He threatened to shoot them through the door, yet they stand there to talk with him. Just saying.

Are you hinting at the bravery of the officers trying to talk the son down instead of escalating the situation or suggesting he gave the fair warning and shots were justified? I'd like to think its the former and most officers are actually trying to help.

Or maybe it's inexusably stupid to stand in front of the door of someone threatening to shoot through it, no matter your reasons for being there.

Or maybe it's inexusably stupid to stand in front of the door of someone threatening to shoot through it, no matter your reasons for being there.
Found the Monday morning qb

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Are you hinting at the bravery of the officers trying to talk the son down instead of escalating the situation or suggesting he gave the fair warning and shots were justified? I'd like to think its the former and most officers are actually trying to help.[/QUOTE]

Says the babe in the woods.[rolleyes]

Yep, this is why bullhorns were invented.
"I'm gonna shoot your ass right through the damn door". "Okay everyone, let's fall back and NOT stand in front of the door.""Johnny, grab me that bullhorn, and someone see if we can get this damn guy on the phone." I actually think THIS is de-escalation.
It was already escalated the moment he threatened to shoot someone (cops or family members). Cops can make it worse by crowding the guy, or backing off. It could go either way. But they decided to crowd him, and that made it worse. They made a bad call. It happens.

What I'm hearing in this thread is that folks seem to think the cops were stupid and deserved to be shot because of that. WTF? There are to many things still unknown at this time. Was there really a domestic going on? Some folks are saying the shooter has mental problems and has indicated he would shoot police and maybe his was never relayed to the responding officers. Perhaps he lied to get cops to the house so he could finally shoot them. To many what ifs at this point to say anybody did anything wrong.

Sometimes...

if if they went in shooting, Some people on here would criticize the cops and in some cases, rightly so...

these poor bastards try not to make this kid a statistic and wind up themselves a statistic.

wether they did it right or wrong, it is sad as they tried.

I hope they RIP.

Last edited:
What I'm hearing in this thread is that folks seem to think the cops were stupid and deserved to be shot because of that. WTF? There are to many things still unknown at this time. Was there really a domestic going on? Some folks are saying the shooter has mental problems and has indicated he would shoot police and maybe his was never relayed to the responding officers. Perhaps he lied to get cops to the house so he could finally shoot them. To many what ifs at this point to say anybody did anything wrong.
Not stupid, just someone made the wrong call. It seems to happen too often lately. Fight aggression with more aggression. Cops need to get back to DE-ESCALATING.

Not stupid, just someone made the wrong call. It seems to happen too often lately. Fight aggression with more aggression. Cops need to get back to DE-ESCALATING.

So, you were there? You figure that a 63 year old male officer retiring in December and a 27 year old female officer just back to work after getting off maternity leave went up to the door all aggressive like, instead of backing right off, forming a cordon, and waiting for the gunships.
Its a 32 member department.
Some guys here need to make up their mind. Police can have a Rockwellian response, or an Orwellian response, apparrently both ways are wrong now.

So, you were there? You figure that a 63 year old male officer retiring in December and a 27 year old female officer just back to work after getting off maternity leave went up to the door all aggressive like, instead of backing right off, forming a cordon, and waiting for the gunships.
Some guys here need to make up their mind. Police can have a Rockwellian response, or an Orwellian response, apparrently both ways are wrong now.
I wouldn't want the job for all the tea in China, can help people but most of it is crazy social work. That being said the guys on I know just want to come home safe to their families and don't put their boots on anyone's neck. I still tell my kids in any bad situation don't talk to police.

One thing to remember is these shooting events tend to go down real quick. Like 5 minutes would be an eternity. Plus I don't know how the radio call came in. Was it just a domestic? Man with a gun? How was it mentioned over the air.

Another thing I have noticed around here in MA are police officers with minimum gear on their belt especially while working details carrying a M&P or glock compact with no spare mag no pepper spray no baton, no taser and no less lethal. Some don't even carry handcuffs so what's the point of having a police detail? So if someone acts out the officer can't use the proper use of force tool.

Might as well hire uniformed armed security guards with yellow pickle suits.

Last edited:
May they RIP; prayers to their families!
(To our NES POs, stay safe & God bless!)
[h=3]What most stories aren’t telling you is more about John Felix.[/h]First, his name is John Hernandez Felix, not John Felix. John Felix is a bit non-descript. John Hernandez Felix conjures something altogether different.
For one thing, Hernandez denotes definitive Latino background. Felix might go unnoticed on the uninformed.
Next, what you likely weren’t told in most media, Felix is a documented Gang member from Palm Springs, California. And his criminal record befits his affiliation.
Felix was previously arrested as part of a failed murder plot in 2009, and sentenced to four years in prison.
Felix and another suspect managed to shoot their target but he didn’t die. He was charged with attempted murder, discharging a firearm causing great bodily injury and association with a criminal street gang.
Court records don’t provide details of the shooting, but they do show that Felix pleaded down to assault with a firearm and admitted his gang connection. He was given a two year prison sentence for the assault and an additional two years for his gang ties.
His prison term expired in 2013. And not long after release, Felix was later arrested in 2013 for fighting with police on the same doorstep where the most recent shooting occurred.
Felix represents the solid citizens that the Left want on the street. They will tell you that cops hunt minorities, and gloss over the real crimes that occur against law enforcement officers every day.
The deaths of these brave men and women should be placed on the scrawny necks of Liberals.
http://theblacksphere.net/2016/10/documented-gang-member-killed-two-police-palm-springs/

"Felix was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon after an initial charge of attempted murder in 2009. Prosecutors at the time accused him of being a member of a criminal gang. He was sentenced to two years in prison. In 2013, he was accused of resisting arrest with Palm Springs police on the same street where Saturday’s shooting occurred. He pleaded guilty to a count of malicious noise" FROM LATIMES

felix.png

I'm not a statest, I'm not a control freak, if I was a judge and had the ability to write laws, one violent felony you get a pass, couple years. Second violent felony, bye, bye long time, no time for good behavior. Bye, bye !

god bless that sucks.... I know I can be hard against LEO sometimes but that is just sad......my only arm chair quarter back comment is I wish the officers ran for cover at the warning and secured the area the best they could...

Nope, I'm just staying someone effed up. Don't read too much into it. Bad call. After all they are no longer obligated to "protect and serve".

The suspect has a history of violence, records show.*
Felix was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon after an initial*charge*of*attempted murder in 2009. Prosecutors at the time*accused him of being a member of a criminal gang. He was sentenced to two years in prison. In 2013, he was accused of resisting arrest with Palm Springs police on the same street*where Saturday’s shooting occurred. He pleaded guilty to a count of malicious noise.

So, they make a big deal about the body armor and hi capacity mags yet nothing about the fact, as a felon, he shouldn't have even had the weapons? Typical libtard tactics.

Back
Top Bottom