• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two struck by live rounds in OK Corral reenactment

Well, at LEAST it was not a Zomicon re-enactment!
[video]http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/10/18/one-killed-zombicon-shooting/74167508/[/video]

I've never fired blanks, but I have to believe there's a significant difference in recoil. You'd think an experienced reeinactor would have felt something was wrong. Probably caught up in the adrenaline of the moment though.[sad2]

This happened a couple of years ago, not sure if it was at the same place. I guess someone was pissed off at one of the other "actors" and put some live rounds in his six shooter.

2 shot during Old West gunfight re-enactment in Tombstone

October 19, 2015 10:03 AM
One of the actor's guns fired live rounds, hitting a fellow member of the group, the Tombstone Marshal's Office said. Ken Curtis fell to the ground and was flown to a hospital in Tucson, where he underwent surgery to remove the bullet. ...

Damn, they finally got Festus.

MV5BMTU0Mjk4MzYzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzk1MzcxOA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

"Tombstone takes pride in the safety and security of its townspeople and tourists alike, and the citizens of Tombstone can be assured that stringent safety protocol will be enforced prior to allowing any further gunfight skits," the marshal said in a statement.

read: The actors will now just yell "bang".

Back
Top Bottom