Two Years in the Making: The Wilcox RAID Xe Aiming/Illumination Device

Reptile

NES Member
IR laser aiming and illumination devices are becoming more and more popular every year in the civilian market. Originally developed for military and law enforcement, Wilcox has announced that they will be making the RAID Xe commercially available. The RAID Xe is an update to the original RAID X that features a few minor changes to the housing and the control switch to allow for multiple mode activation options as well as allow the user to offset mount the device when rail space is limited.

Two Years in the Making: The Wilcox RAID Xe Aiming/Illumination Device​

RUGGEDIZED AIMING/ILLUMINATION DEVICE – ENHANCED​

The Wilcox RAID Xe™ is a high power laser aiming device designed specifically for the military and law enforcement markets. The RAID Xe is a smaller, lighter, stronger laser aiming device offering superior, uncompromising performance. The NIR room illuminator combined with the variable NIR VCSEL illuminator features best in class overall effective tactical solution in any low light combat situation.
The ultimate in beam clarity and uniformity with extraordinary reduction in illuminator speckle, RAID Xe increases the operator’s effectiveness and situational awareness.
Also available, the RAID Xe Low Power Laser Aiming Device.

Continues...

wilcox-combat-systems-raid-xe-iso-front-e1667236398791.png

Ehh, are you planning to run around MA in NVGs? With the MA ban on flash hiders and suppressors, the first shot will feel super great on your eyes. Am I missing something?

Actually, it would be cool to go rucking at night in NVGs at some state park. hmm. best parking, no people. might be worth exploring...

Ehh, are you planning to run around MA in NVGs? With the MA ban on flash hiders and suppressors, the first shot will feel super great on your eyes. Am I missing something?

Actually, it would be cool to go rucking at night in NVGs at some state park. hmm. best parking, no people. might be worth exploring...
It has a VIS Laser - Visible Laser - as well.

Maybe I don't need the MIL version but I want to at least buy the commercial version.

EDIT:

Who am I fooling?

I can't afford a $3,500 laser!

Last edited:
I switched to fishing gear [popcorn]

Last edited:
Well you could go for Phantom Hill CTF2 unit for about $1200.
If I ever get back into wasting money again, this is what I want. But in truth, that money would be better spent on ammo and training to shoot passively.

Too much for my blood, but maybe we’ll see a bunch of PEQ’s go up for sale to offset the cost of this new one for those that just have to have the newest and brightest toys.

The equipment to go have fun at night seems so overwhelming. Here's what I can come up with just off topo of my head:
  • rifle optic capable of nvg friendly emitter settings.
  • pistol optic capable of nvg friendly settings
  • pistol IR laser/light/flashlight
  • Rifle IR laser/light/flashlight
  • NVG's
  • Bump helmet
  • NVG mount for the helmet
  • battery pack for the back of the helmet or helmet weights
  • IR id light for the helmet
That's a LOT this is an easy 10K-20K investment!
NVG toys or a car. NVG toys or live in a small apartment for a year. NVG toys or a downpayment on a 200-acre hunting parcel out west. NVG toys or a boat with which you can "lose your firearms in a boating accident".

The equipment to go have fun at night seems so overwhelming. Here's what I can come up with just off topo of my head:
  • rifle optic capable of nvg friendly emitter settings.
  • pistol optic capable of nvg friendly settings
  • pistol IR laser/light/flashlight
  • Rifle IR laser/light/flashlight
  • NVG's
  • Bump helmet
  • NVG mount for the helmet
  • battery pack for the back of the helmet or helmet weights
  • IR id light for the helmet
That's a LOT this is an easy 10K-20K investment!
NVG toys or a car. NVG toys or live in a small apartment for a year. NVG toys or a downpayment on a 200-acre hunting parcel out west. NVG toys or a boat with which you can "lose your firearms in a boating accident".
You can get shooting at night for way less then $10k, likely closer to $4k, less if you bargain shop and hit the used market. You don't need lights and lasers, just NV capable red dots, a PVS14, and a way to mount it to your head. All that other shit will help and give you a few extra tools, but not completely necessary. Most folks with 12 AR15s could probably sell a few and get themselves NV capable.

Go be poor somewhere else!

In all seriousness, like Ed said most people have several handguns, several rifles, several shotguns and God knows how much random amount of gear that’s been sitting for a long time. Sell some of that crap and you’ll be able to afford a NV set up fairly easily.

Stop buying 10 $500 guns and instead spend that money on quality gear and training.

Go be poor somewhere else!

In all seriousness, like Ed said most people have several handguns, several rifles, several shotguns and God knows how much random amount of gear that’s been sitting for a long time. Sell some of that crap and you’ll be able to afford a NV set up fairly easily.

Stop buying 10 $500 guns and instead spend that money on quality gear and training.

What about 14 $350 Bear Creek Arsenal rifles?

Back
Top Bottom