TX - Another Sherriff Says "Arm Yourselves"

I don't understand the reporter's question. She seemed to be an anti in asking "have things deteriorated" and "what can the Government do, etc" as though either of those make a difference for an individual making a choice to defend themselves.

Have 2 arms. One right, one left.

I think most people are armed.

Kidding aside:
Have things deteriorated? Yes, they have.
What can the government do? Start a Jobs program to defend the borders (train and hire more border patrols, contruct more border security) and take a harder line on those who illegally cross the borders. Apply political pressure to our neighbor to deal with their internal issues and minimize their impact on our citizens. Provide reassurance to the citizens on the border that their Right to arm themselves and use deadly force in Self-Defense will be upheld and supported by the full political power of the United States of America

How about skimming off a couple of billion from the porkulas bill and move it to border control. I'm sure I could secure the border if I had a couple of billion $. (That's about 1 border patrol agent every 1500 feet on the Mexican border 24 hours a day, 365 days a year)

Last edited:
I busted out the calculator for the last bit, 5000 miles of border and 17 deputies. 294 miles of border per deputy. that's ridiculous I googled the area of my rural town its 44.6 square miles and its conveniently shaped like a square so that's 44.6 miles of boarder. We have 7 full time officers so that's 6.3 miles of border for each cop. funding and training needs to be more than doubled in my opinion.

I busted out the calculator for the last bit, 5000 miles of border and 17 deputies. 294 miles of border per deputy. that's ridiculous I googled the area of my rural town its 44.6 square miles and its conveniently shaped like a square so that's 44.6 miles of boarder. We have 7 full time officers so that's 6.3 miles of border for each cop. funding and training needs to be more than doubled in my opinion.

The border's total length is 3,169 km (1,969 miles),

Ummm, no..... your town .... X squared = 44.6 square miles, x = 6.5, means about 26 miles of border (more or less, doing it in my head).

Well, billions of the budget for the border patrol was wasted with that monitoring system from Boeing that doesn't work. Rather than asking for the money back, we're going to pay them even more to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom