TX - Homeowner Shoots Car Burglar 7 Times

Three teens allegedly attempting to burglarize a vehicle were surprised by the owner's brother, who shot one of them during an early morning confrontation Thursday, police said.

The injured man, whom police did not identify, was shot seven times and was in critical condition, according to a police report of the 1 a.m. incident.

>snip<

Investigators said the resident is not likely to be charged.

The police report said the homeowner, hearing noises, rushed out armed with a handgun, saw the vehicle being broken into, and began chasing the three men.....

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Resident-shoots-alleged-car-burglar-1058748.php

I lived in Texas in the early 70s and loved it. Can you imagine what would have happened to that guy if he lived in Ma.? Why didn't I stay there? Because all my friends and family lived in Ma. and it wasn't as screwed up then as it is now.

I'm obviously a sissy. . .

I know it's legal in Texas (and other places), I couldn't shoot a kid breaking into my car. (and I love my car).

I don't think anyone would fault you for simply using your firearm to scare them off. We just enjoy the freedom to make the personal choice whether or not to shoot the bastard trying to steal our stuff.

I'm obviously a sissy. . .

I know it's legal in Texas (and other places), I couldn't shoot a kid breaking into my car. (and I love my car).

Sure you could! Just shoot him with .32 ball in the butt. Then when he's laying on the ground screaming that his butt cheeks are burning, tell him he needs to change his ways 'cause next time it might be a .45.

Back
Top Bottom