U.S. Appeals Court to Determine Constitutionality of Maryland’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

Reptile

NES Member
The 4th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals is set to determine the constitutionality of Maryland’s Firearms Safety Act of 2013, a piece of legislation that bans the possession of “assault weapons” as well as the sale and purchase of magazines holding more than 10 rounds.

The 14-judge panel heard arguments from both sides of the case Wednesday but did not make a decision. The NRA-ILA reports that the outcome is “too close to call at this point.”

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/u-...stitutionality-marylands-assault-weapons-ban/

--------
The Court is set to release their decision in the next few weeks.

Will this effect Mass?

It saddens me that a decision like this should ever be "too close to call"...[sad2]

If this goes the right way it certainly is a step in the right direction but there would still be a long way to go before state bans start getting overturned. It would almost certainly be appealed to the SCOTUS which would have to rule the right way. Then there would be precedent for challenges to state bans but those challenges still have to be filled and heard. The state of the SCOTUS and the presidential election and subsequent SCOTUS justice appointment to fill the vacant spot will obviously be huge. I'm no lawyer or expert by any stretch of the imagination so take what I said with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom