Ukraine drafting women

i cant imagine many restrictions in place when your country is on the verge of being invaded. If Russia does invade and makes a move to seize the whole country, I bet we start seeing Mosins show up among the older people they would eventually draft.
Who needs Mosins when you have AKs and MP5s?
59F2E8F8-BEC8-4971-94EF-10B874130B7D.jpeg

Surprising with all this talk about gender equality in this country lately, why does the US still only require 'persons assigned male at birth' to sign up for the Selective Service?

Also, in the first pic are the Ukrainian women troops in the first pic using Tavors? Did Israel send 'em a care package or something? Seems other battalions are pictured with the more typical AKs.

View attachment 568879

Well, a lot of women in this country only want equality when it's easy and convenient for them.

Everybody wants equality right up until it's time to be truly equal.

The question is not if the girls are ready to die. I believe some certainly are. The big question is, are they ready for what’s coming if they’re made prisoners? Because what my mom told me about how Russians treated female prisoners, that won’t be a pleasure cruise.

Surprising with all this talk about gender equality in this country lately, why does the US still only require 'persons assigned male at birth' to sign up for the Selective Service?

Also, in the first pic are the Ukrainian women troops in the first pic using Tavors? Did Israel send 'em a care package or something? Seems other battalions are pictured with the more typical AKs.

View attachment 568879
Tavor's...nice and they look like the SBR version. Also, I sure hope the gal in the bottom right gets a different grip with her weak hand before so tickles the happy switch with her bugger picker! However, if not she'll only do it once!!

Lol. All the Ukraine military will likely do is their tried and true method to recruit more pretty girls for their 'tactical morale batallion' in order to get their young men to line up and volunteer for the more dangerous roles. Effective? You betcha. Can you actually picture these girls as elite cold blooded warriors when SHTF within sniper range of Russian troops?

View attachment 568911View attachment 568912View attachment 568913View attachment 568915

Queen Elizabeth II drove a truck during WWII. Same here, lots of logistical support is gonna be needed.
7f5ee95647c6cd5f8618dd303e243668-1.jpg

She was a crack shot in her youth because her father was an avid shooter.

The question is not if the girls are ready to die. I believe some certainly are. The big question is, are they ready for what’s coming if they’re made prisoners? Because what my mom told me about how Russians treated female prisoners, that won’t be a pleasure cruise.
Certainly not arguing that female prisoners will likely get treated worse than male prisoners... but I don't think any average grunt is "ready for what's coming" if they're taken POW, any more than they're 100% prepared for the first time an incoming round flies by their head.

And let's say they are properly warned about the abuse, rape, etc that may befall them if they are taken POW. And they still want to serve. Should a country say "No, you don't get to be a patriot"?

I'd rather fight next to someone who volunteered, knowing it might be worse than them....than some random conscientious objector who got thrown into the boots next to me.

Wait, I'm confused. Partly because I'm distracted by females in uniform (married an Air Force gal 19 years ago today) and partly because I don't know what the argument is.

Are we arguing about Ukraine? They're looking at an invasion and will need every swinging richard and tata to even have a chance. I don't think their chances are good, to begin with. Faced with a similar situation, I'd prefer my daughter killed on the front lines than captured or "looted".

-or-

Are we arguing about drafting women in the US military? Drafting into the US military is already dumb. We have an all volunteer force, our privates are more educated than our officers of WWII and we're still loaded with retards - dragging people off the streets is not needed anymore. Up until Puddinghead started following the Kenyan Traitor's footsteps and effing over the military, the problem was finding recruits who were up to standards. Gone are the days of just needing numbers as cannon fodder, infantry jobs are a lot more technical than "point gun, shoot gun, do pushups".

Besides that, the infantry is only ~20% of the Army, I'm guessing the Marines are about the same (yeah, yeah - every Marine is a rifleman, yut, yut whatever) so you're looking at 90 - 95% of the military (guesstimating in the Air Force and Navy numbers into this total) have duties that involve other stuff: intel, admin, pay, cook, mechanic, driver, etc. So what's the big deal?

Now - can we get back to pictures of pretty women?

Wait, I'm confused. Partly because I'm distracted by females in uniform (married an Air Force gal 19 years ago today) and partly because I don't know what the argument is.

Are we arguing about Ukraine? They're looking at an invasion and will need every swinging richard and tata to even have a chance. I don't think their chances are good, to begin with. Faced with a similar situation, I'd prefer my daughter killed on the front lines than captured or "looted".
This is the part I was trying to make an argument for. Might have gone a bit wayward in it. But if you're looking at invasion, let everyone who wants to carry a gun do so. If that's not your bag, but you want to support some how, do that. But you should get the choice.

Like you said, I'd rather my (fictional) daughter go down fighting, then sit back and rely on someone else to defend her.

I'll be the dissenter, I guess.

My country's possibly getting invaded? Put a gun in every able-bodied hand. I don't care if you're a midget who wouldn't normally pass qualifications. Want to shoot the bad guys? Here ya go.

If I had a wife and daughter, would I rather defend the whole house by myself and hope they're fine if I get overran, or....load everyone up and increase our defensive ability? Hmmm.

it's best if your country is being overrun to arm them and let them join the fight. Better that than they become part of the prize package for the conquering army.

Who needs Mosins when you have AKs and MP5s?
View attachment 569017
ukraine will put under the rifle an every single able moving body and it is a right thing to do, under the circumstances.
as no one else will be fighting for their freedom - so it is up to all ukrainians to get it done.
and i would not be too surprised to see if they will drop draft age from 18 to 16 also.

and a sad and tough calculations usually are - the losses of the drafted militia to the trained regular military personnel usually go around of 1:5 ratio.
so to be able to fight off back 150k troops russia got there ukrainians will need at least a half million bodies. if they will be able to get it done - may be they will stand a chance. who knows.

Keep in mind we have two fronts

While yes we do have to keep an eye on China and we’re in a Cold War with them, the Chinese did not fly through Taiwanese airspace. They flew through the ADIZ. Hell, a good portion of Taiwan’s ADIZ is over Chinese mainland soil.

I'll put up a couple maps. The ADIZ has a black or dark red outline depending on the map, and I've added the territorial airspace with an orange outline. It's not precise because I roughly traced 12 nautical miles distance in powerpoint. But you get the gist of it.

The Chinese fighters have consistently avoided actual Taiwanese airspace. And in fact, their ADIZ presence on the 23rd is way less than it has been throughout 2021. They turned around on the 23rd instead of passing right through. That right there, is interesting. Whether it is a diversionary tactic or they truly didn't want to start a shooting war by accident during the heightened tensions caused by Russia/Ukraine/NATO.

Taiwan_Airspace_2021.png
Taiwan_Airspace_20220123.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom