• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UMass Lowell Firearms Club Shooting Team Startup

Hey guys,

I'm the current president of UMass Lowell Firearms Club and we are currently looking to start up a shooting team. The club currently sits at about 130 members but only 25% of them are truly active members. Now neither I nor the rest of the senior members have any experience with competition shooting. So I'm coming here for some help. I personally would like to get into Precision Rifle Shooting with a .223 or .308 but I feel that a .22 is more common for shooting at a collegiate level. Secondly do you guys know of any such competitions where a team could compete in the northeast Ma area? Any help is really appreciated because this is an area of shooting I'm just not familiar with.

My son is a freshman there, he shot for the Mass Rifle Rebels in air rifle and .22. I will reach out for him and see if he is interested in participating, he really wanted to concentrate on school but I will ask.
For fun competition near Lowell there is Reading Rifle, Tewksburry Rod and Gun, and Woburn Sportsman Association often offer weekend rifle events. For more organized events look at USA Shooting.
I will PM you with some more info.

Hey guys,

I'm the current president of UMass Lowell Firearms Club and we are currently looking to start up a shooting team. The club currently sits at about 130 members but only 25% of them are truly active members. Now neither I nor the rest of the senior members have any experience with competition shooting. So I'm coming here for some help. I personally would like to get into Precision Rifle Shooting with a .223 or .308 but I feel that a .22 is more common for shooting at a collegiate level. Secondly do you guys know of any such competitions where a team could compete in the northeast Ma area? Any help is really appreciated because this is an area of shooting I'm just not familiar with.

Last edited:
I know MIT has a team of students and professors that shoot bullseye in the Greater Boston pistol leage. Maybe look into fielding a team that competes in a leage in the Lowell area.

Back
Top Bottom