umlaut arms - RANT

The site has been flakey for a while, I was going to order an upper from the shop months ago but after looking at the site I decided it was a bit too shady for my liking. Very curious to hear how this all gets resolved. Hopefully it's not a family emergency because I sure as hell would close up shop if a loved one needed me.

Could have left a message on FB or his voicemail greeting, though... if that had been done I doubt this would have been posted.

Steve Marshall... You seem like a troublemaker. Everyone should take note: you side with people who don't live up to obligations, provide no response to inquiry while running a business. Anyone could find themselves in a bad spot, but in 2015 it takes almost no energy to give a simple reply. Your character is suspect if you think this is acceptable...all who read, take note Steve Marshall feels there is no response necessary for taking one's property and vanishing. Deal with him with as much concern as you would the vendor he defends!

OP's whining would be infinitely better had he made other attempts at getting his stuff and failed again rather than whine about it right away. That is all I'm saying.

Edrageous, great leap of the absurd.

Could have left a message on FB or his voicemail greeting, though... if that had been done I doubt this would have been posted.

I'm just saying that if I get a call in the morning and have to go to the hospital the last thing I'm thinking about is changing my voice mail. I doubt that's the scenario here but again I'd wait for an answer before calling in the NES Boycott.

Maybe he had a heart attack and is in the ICU?

If that's the case this should be a good example of why a business should have a contingency plan. If you don't at least have someone that is able to put a sign up and update your FB page saying you will be closed due to a health emergency then any unexcused absence will shutter your business. If you do survive, it'd be nice to not have your business go to hell in the meantime.

Exactly NHatHeart! Classic problem in the U.S. today. It's nothing but excuses for why someone doesn't fulfill business obligations. The fact is it's usually just a poor business plan followed by selfishness. A business should not have "single point of failure" while taking possession of others property. The complaint is valid. It is also backed up by multiple other posts saying they have had similar experience. To suggest someone should have to make multiple attempts to recover their property from an established business after calling and making arrangements is to say business's have no responsibility to their customers but customers have a responsibility to the business to not complain. Now that's a lead to the absurd!

OP's whining would be infinitely better had he made other attempts at getting his stuff and failed again rather than whine about it right away. That is all I'm saying.

Edrageous, great leap of the absurd.

you mean like waiting around all afternoon? it's not like i showed up and immediately ran to my car to whine, i tried for hours to get in contact with the owner including asking around at riley's in case they'd seen him. maybe you're put off by the thread, but it's done in classic NES rant style. i'm sure you've seen the threads before, or maybe you're too uptight to "get it" and can pop out a diamond after being fed coal.

i'll definitely take you up on your offer to hand-deliver my lower in person, my instant gratification meter is running on empty. this way you can berate me in person for being upset about piss poor customer service and i can tell you to eat shit in person, too. [cheers] [mg]

Great business, just for chuckles I tried calling the listed number. No answer, no machine.

go figure. he has a mobile number on his card and the door to the business which was where i was leaving messages. the shop number has no machine it seems like.

i demand satisfaction and instant gratification! [rofl]

srsly though i'd like my lower back because it's hilarious. i can't find any good pictures of the finished lower, but this is exactly what's on it:

bRJR0IL.jpg

e7cW0rC.jpg

I hope you get in touch with him soon and you get the equipment back. Hopefully he hasn't foreclosed or something and your goods get tied up in some legal matter.

It's pretty shitty for a business to accept work for services and then disappear, close with no word, no notice and no recourse. It seems clear this wasn't a temporary issue... Phones go unanswered or straight to VM, nothing on web or shop.... Not sure how anyone could defend that behavior.

Hopefully he's alright and there are no health problems. But if he's giving you the "5.11 group buy" dance, then go the legal route if you're so inclined. I don't understand what's so hard about being in being straight-up with people.

Hopefully he's alright and there are no health problems. But if he's giving you the "5.11 group buy" dance, then go the legal route if you're so inclined. I don't understand what's so hard about being in being straight-up with people.

I don't know if this is the case specifically, but I also don't understand what's so hard about turning work away if you can't get it done. For example I had some random people ask me to do shit for them and I know that I probably could have at the time, but things were getting too congested as it was so I just told them "no, I'm bricked out into next month" because I know I'm not going to be able to deliver the correct level of attention/service to whatever their problem is.

-Mike

that is one horrific lower[laugh] maybe he thought it was a joke. what the hell is a donkey show? actually don't answer some things should probably not be googled either[rofl]

that is one horrific lower[laugh] maybe he thought it was a joke. what the hell is a donkey show? actually don't answer some things should probably not be googled either[rofl]

mexican version of a dog and pony show? [rofl]

Atilla, this is a trivial thing to get so worked up about. Drama Queen doesn't suit anyone, why fall for it's empty promise? Do you honestly think he's absconded with your valuables and gone to an early retirement? Or, far, far more likely, he fails at customer service. That you have gone so far overboard on such a small matter points more to defects in your character or lack of a life or clue.

Having never eaten shit, I'm still pretty sure that's not going to happen but it sounds like you might be a bit more familiar than I, so I'll pass and leave you to it.

N.B. there was never an offer to deliver your lower. If you wish, for a small fee, a surrogate could pick it up and deliver it, well lubed, just as you like it.,

Atilla, this is a trivial thing to get so worked up about. Drama Queen doesn't suit anyone, why fall for it's empty promise? Do you honestly think he's absconded with your valuables and gone to an early retirement? Or, far, far more likely, he fails at customer service. That you have gone so far overboard on such a small matter points more to defects in your character or lack of a life or clue.

Having never eaten shit, I'm still pretty sure that's not going to happen but it sounds like you might be a bit more familiar than I, so I'll pass and leave you to it.

N.B. there was never an offer to deliver your lower. If you wish, for a small fee, a surrogate could pick it up and deliver it, well lubed, just as you like it.,

again, you miss the "NES rant style" thread. do i think he stole my shit to retire in tijuana? who knows, dude could have. i just want to know what's up.

so i've called again and emailed again with no response--since you're the ****ing master of everything here, why don't you tell me what else i should do to get in contact with him? i'm all ears. as far as my character goes or how i should get a clue, i honestly do not give two ****s or a shit what you think about me. if i did i'd probably be nicer to you. i'm of the school of thought that you should still chow down on a king-sized bowl of shit.

anyway you're welcome to deliver the lower to my butt, however i only accept lowers in my butt if you use fireclean so i hope you've stocked up. be a man and do it yourself, i don't need your boyfriend's gentile hands. i want it rough, sailor.

Just unsub from the thread, and do us all a favor. You whining about his whining (which is pretty legit) is not helping.

-Mike

Out of the dozen times I've stopped by during Umlaut's posted "Business Hours", shop has been dark at least half the time.

Same here -- I like Lars, bought a lot through him, but he can be difficult to get a hold of. This isn't new behavior, has been going on for at least a year now (haven't ordered anything through him since April 2014).

I was always able to get a response via email, haven't tried lately.

Every time I have gone to Rileys on a Saturday Umlaut has NEVER, as in NOT ONCE been open. Frankly I think his hours are a lie.

Since he has never been open when I go to Rileys I've never set foot in his shop.

I realize Atilla is a very popular NES member but I must say that I find his post very disappointing. I too question his character.

A real man would step up and take that lower dry, LOL. If your not quite ready for that, I hear there's a lower made with nanotechnology built-in dry lube. I kinda wish I'd seen warwickben get tazed at one of the get-togethers, but I'm totally OK if I miss seeing any hide-the-lower tricks. [shocked]

Hope this all works out for you, Atilla. Pretty frustrating when you arrange a deal and the other party does not follow through and then goes dark for communication. End of last year I thought I had been scammed over a 54R VEPR BunGroker deal. It worked out but was a major PITA due to lack of responsibility on the seller's side. I really didn't like having to 'show my ass' to get the deal completed but that's what it took. Signing off before I crack another butt joke...

Shouldn't you be out shrimp fishing with Lt. Dan?

Atilla dropped off his personal property at Umlaut to get work done and wants his completed lower back. Umlaut is not open when he was supposed to be (knowing Atilla was going to pick it up) and now he's not returning his calls or emails.

Is that hard to process for you?

Back
Top Bottom