• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

umlaut arms - RANT

Atilla, What a great post!! Its unfortunate that it wasn't brought to my attention until now, we could have communicated through NES, since it seems to be the place to find you.

It's amazing to me that you leave out so many details to our dealings, which I think are rather important to the whole story. The NFA engraving on your lower was done for weeks, you were told, but you told me that you couldnt get to the shop, except for sometime on a Saturday. You even requested if I could just give your lower to your girlfriend for you, since you couldn't make it there... We even spoke earlier in the week about the Saturday you showed up at 4pm. I told you that I usually stay until 5, but if it is slow, I leave by 3pm. You said you would call before, which you didnt. So, I was gone when you showed, up. I apologized for that.

You then asked me to ship the lower to you, which I did. You wanted me to ship the lower and that you would send me the money after you got the lower!? After a day or two debating that, you then sent me payment, snail mail, then I shipped you your classy as **** "Donkey Punch" Lower.

I cant say that I have been at my shop reliable hours lately, and I have been transitioning my business to an "appointment only" situation because of this as well as changes. I am more than reasonable and try to be accommodating. I am sorry that you wasted any time.

I offer machine engraving for NFA engravings. I have had slow lead times and recently the CNC motherboard fried. Long Story Short, we are using a new machine and now I will be able to turn around engravings in a few days. We do engraving to BATF&E specs and depths, we do not do laser engraving, etc. We charge competitive rates, which are typically much less than anyone else locally.

Lars | Umlaut

c0dbfb489b8b24f570aa071ac2c32741.jpg

Atilla, What a great post!! Its unfortunate that it wasn't brought to my attention until now, we could have communicated through NES, since it seems to be the place to find you.

It's amazing to me that you leave out so many details to our dealings, which I think are rather important to the whole story. The NFA engraving on your lower was done for weeks, you were told, but you told me that you couldnt get to the shop, except for sometime on a Saturday. You even requested if I could just give your lower to your girlfriend for you, since you couldn't make it there... We even spoke earlier in the week about the Saturday you showed up at 4pm. I told you that I usually stay until 5, but if it is slow, I leave by 3pm. You said you would call before, which you didnt. So, I was gone when you showed, up. I apologized for that.

You then asked me to ship the lower to you, which I did. You wanted me to ship the lower and that you would send me the money after you got the lower!? After a day or two debating that, you then sent me payment, snail mail, then I shipped you your classy as **** "Donkey Punch" Lower.

I cant say that I have been at my shop reliable hours lately, and I have been transitioning my business to an "appointment only" situation because of this as well as changes. I am more than reasonable and try to be accommodating. I am sorry that you wasted any time.

I offer machine engraving for NFA engravings. I have had slow lead times and recently the CNC motherboard fried. Long Story Short, we are using a new machine and now I will be able to turn around engravings in a few days. We do engraving to BATF&E specs and depths, we do not do laser engraving, etc. We charge competitive rates, which are typically much less than anyone else locally.

Lars | Umlaut

1. yes, it was done for two weeks. i had plans both of those weekends and told you this.

2. we spoke on the phone the week i was to pick up the lower and i told you i was coming that saturday.

3. as it's a NFA item and my fiancee is a co-trustee she has as much legal right to the property as i do. maybe you're just a woman-hating shitlord. [wink]

4. i called multiple times on the way and at the shop. want me to dig through my phone to get timestamps?

5. you were in the wrong, you weren't at your shop during your own posted business hours and did not answer my multiple phone calls, to have my property shipped back to me was a reasonable request after you'd inconvenienced me. and yeah, i wanted my property back or at least a shipping confirmation before i gave you my money, too. with service like the service i received how was i to know you weren't going to screw me.

you seem to have made all these changes to your business hours and not told anyone other than whoever was standing in the room with you. given information i'd received from multiple people right here on NES about your business practices after this thread was posted i'm glad i didn't get screwed. i'm not going to name any names but they are welcome to post in here should they feel like it.

Donkey SHOW, not Donkey Punch.

Two totally separate things. Google them.

TRUTH.

edit: these are the times i left you messages, there are a slew of other unanswered calls where i just hung up.

24AC3CE9-E6AF-4AC2-A72E-6E71A870E0BC_zps5nyw5gib.png~original

D30EC14A-3D6B-4561-8554-AC3177BE9B30_zpscpdnf0rb.png~original

25DC8265-9328-4E7C-84EE-8D8B41A3B590_zpsaqmrry2n.png~original

your move.

Last edited:
These "he said, she said" things are more fun when one side doesn't have definitive proof the other is lying. Lame. [laugh]

The "proof" shows that we had phone conversations...
I had the guys Donkey Punch lower ready to pick up for weeks. I called him immediately when it was ready. His response "gee, I can only make it there certain Saturday's, can I send my Girlfriend to get it?"

The proof is the item was ready to be picked up and the guy couldn't get there. When he did I wasn't there at 4pm on a Saturday. If that's in fact true. I apologized.

You posted you left at 3pm. Your email says you were out sick.

You posted he didn't call you. He showed that he called at least 4 times before 3.

I don't care but your post isn't consistent with the facts.

You posted you left at 3pm. Your email says you were out sick.

You posted he didn't call you. He showed that he called at least 4 times before 3.

I don't care but your post isn't consistent with the facts.

We are clearly talking about different things. I'm talking about in general that I communicated with the guy. I can't remember specifically what happened that day, but yes I did have strep.

The post insinuates that it was a plot for me to keep his Donkey Punch Lower all to myself. To "rip him off"

Either way, things happen. I apologize, l stand in my truth.

I really didn't gather from anything in this thread that he thought it was a plot to keep his stuff. I did gather that he wasn't pleased with your customer service. After your responses, quite frankly, I totally see his position. It sounds like a miscommunication and some bad timing, though the defensiveness and provably incorrect characterizations make it seem like maybe more. But hey, it is your business. Run it how you want. If that is straight into the ground, it's your call.

You really showed him. Where can I buy a donkey punch lower? It will go nicely with the donkey SHOW lower I have.
atilla is a trustworthy guy. You, on the other hand, not so much. We won't be too upset when hearing you went under.

You really showed him. Where can I buy a donkey punch lower? It will go nicely with the donkey SHOW lower I have.
atilla is a trustworthy guy. You, on the other hand, not so much. We won't be too upset when hearing you went under.

Place looked like it was closed up tighter than Toby's touch hole wen I was over at Riley's a couple weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom