• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Un-Concealed Carry

So it is legal to leave a properly secured handgun in your unattended vehicle now? This is contrary to what I have heard.

My IA is cool, but I live in the sticks. He said it was OK to open carry on farm/in the woods, just don't try it in public. We have to think of the sheep.[rolleyes]

DaveS said:
So it is legal to leave a properly secured handgun in your unattended vehicle now? This is contrary to what I have heard.

You heard wrong, but that's not surprising. Even what seems to be the concensus opinion that it was illegal under the old law is really a gray area despite the AG's statements.

Ken

DaveS said:

In most instances, the majority of what you hear about MA gun laws is, more often than not, wrong.

This fact was the genesis of my web site, www.massgunlaw.com.

Darius Arbabi

Cross-X said:
In most instances, the majority of what you hear about MA gun laws is, more often than not, wrong.

This fact was the genesis of my web site, www.massgunlaw.com.

Darius Arbabi

Another MASSism. It's LEGAL to leave a gun locked in the trunk of your car while unattended.. but if the CAR get stolen you can be determined "unsuitable" and lose your LTC. How absurd.

I think that in this state especially, you are far better off ensuring that it's concealed. It shouldn't print, or peek out from under your shirt. Although I do have a NH NR, I don't like the idea of open carry there, unless I'm on private property with no strangers around.

I'm scary anyway, no sense in upsetting the sheeple more. [wink]

There's always been confusion about open carry in this state, why don't we petition to GOAL to have the state lawmakers clear this up? It should be legal, or illegal.

Savage110FP said:
There's always been confusion about open carry in this state, why don't we petition to GOAL to have the state lawmakers clear this up? It should be legal, or illegal.

As they did with the "Reason For Issuance" non-problem? [rolleyes]

Thanks anyway, but I'll pass on that one..........

Savage110FP said:

No benefit in poking the snakes with a sharp stick!

Use common sense and let sleeping dogs lie.

Got me Counselor!

I'm sick as well as tired, but I like your rendition better than mine (much more appropriate), even if I had used the proper word! [smile]

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Driving back home from Zero Hour last night it was around 7:00, still plenty light out and traffic on 24 south was moving freely but still kinda congested. Thats when I saw a motorcycle riding between both lanes of traffic go by my friend and I and we both noticed the Glock the rider was sporting on his right side plain as day. Granted his jacket was up from the wind and in normal conditions you wouldn't be able to see a holstered pistol worn on the side towards the back if the person carrying was wearing a jacket. Myself i'm always careful not to let a shirt ride up when I carry even though I use an in the pants holster. Ya never know when someone will catch a glimpse of the gun you're carrying and freak out. Plus if i'm not mistaken, its the law that you have to keep it completely concealed.
Watching that guy though buzz down the highway, I could only imagine what a state trooper would think if he saw it let alone the people driving alongside him as he went by.
Anyone else here ever see someone forgetting about the whole concealment thing?

this thread's point is moot because you saw a cop...

Back
Top Bottom