• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UN Hiring Disarmament Officers In New York

He's a police officer that also does this to keep us notified of what's going on.

So.

A few clicks reports that "Disarmament, Demobilization, and Reintegration," in a UN context, isn't nefarious unless you're a former rebel in a shithole.

I hate the UN too, more profoundly and for very different reasons than a lot of NESers who hate in the abstract. But this isn't what you think it is. Anyone they can find who wants such a stupid and ate-up job is welcome to it.

Your "source" is ridiculous. I'd never take a LEO's advice on how to freely exercise 2A, especially when my google-fu is apparently this much better than his.

Last edited:
Yeahhhhh. While based in New York, they will be operating in third world crap holes, not the US. They aren't going to be storming into Virginia next month.

Get. A. Grip.

Yeahhhhh. While based in New York, they will be operating in third world crap holes, not the US. They aren't going to be storming into Virginia next month.

Get. A. Grip.
I don't think you or Picton watched the whole video. Yes that may be the case but in the job description it says must be fluent in English. Most 3rd world crapholes don't speak English.

New Guy had asked this:
Is there a source who doesn’t look like he’s half asleep/stoned slouched on his sofa wearing an under armor hoodie?

So that was my reply to him. He's got another job and probably puts in many hours so that's why he appears tired.

You might be surprised where English is spoken. Which I would guess includes the UN which is in New York City.

I don't think you or Picton watched the whole video. Yes that may be the case but in the job description it says must be fluent in English. Most 3rd world crapholes don't speak English.

You're kidding, right? English is the new French. It's the go-to language of global diplomacy, commerce, and NGOs.

Third-world governments most certainly do speak English. And this job requires coordinating with those governments, not ganking New Yorkers' gunzz. NYC already does a great job of that on its own, thanks.

You might be surprised where English is spoken. Which I would guess includes the UN which is in New York City.
There are many that do but usually not fluently. As he said in the video it's something to be aware of.

You're kidding, right? English is the new French. It's the go-to language of global diplomacy, commerce, and NGOs.

Third-world governments most certainly do speak English. And this job requires coordinating with those government, not ganking New Yorkers' gunzz. NYC already does a great job of that on its own, thanks.
The governments not the general population. Also I thought the Chinese had displaced us as the go to's. [wink] [smile]

New Guy had asked this:
Is there a source who doesn’t look like he’s half asleep/stoned slouched on his sofa wearing an under armor hoodie?

So that was my reply to him. He's got another job and probably puts in many hours so that's why he appears tired.

I was just busting balls. Anyway, the UN will need more than one FTE to disarm anyone.

The governments not the general population. Also I thought the Chinese had displaced us as the go to's. [wink] [smile]

Look, whatever. Go to the UN site I posted, watch the video there, and see if it bears even the slightest resemblance to what your "source" says.

You decide.

Look, whatever. Go to the UN site I posted, watch the video there, and see if it bears even the slightest resemblance to what your "source" says.

You decide.
The source was replying to the job posting for that position. I don't think he's seen your link. Yes it shows that they do this as part of their peace keeping operations. The source also didn't say they would be used on us just to be aware. Thanks for the link.

The posting also mentions English as a working language of the UN, and suggests knowledge of French is desirable. Most New Yorkers don't speak French; Spanish would be much more desirable. However, in parts of the Middle East (like Lebanon) and many parts of Africa, French is still a diplomatic language as well as a post-colonial language (see for example Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, etc., etc., etc.)

I think this is a little bit of smoke. But all in all what Jared post is pretty solid. I have been following him for a Few years. I usually get a notification from him if a bill is coming up a day or so before I see it on NES. He is a strong 2A supporter. He's definitely worth a follow.

My grandkids know that the '06 round will sail right thru the blue helmets. Jack.
I am teaching my daughters the importance of headshots. We are using humanoid terrorist targets. My 7 year old can consistently place the rounds from her .22 rifle into the eye sockets of the targets.

Seriously? Teaching children to kill?
Teaching the girls how to use firearms in the most effective manner possible. I consumed plenty of popcorn over the years while listening to people rant and rave over the "best" caliber. The round that hits a vital area, either on a game animal or on an armed assailant, is the most effective. Caliber is secondary.

JFC, English is the international language. You go almost anywhere, people speak English in some capacity compared to Africian Bush People clicks and chirps.

Get. A. Grip.
I agree. I mean really.....if they went in to Virginia.

The UN disarming law abiding Americans unconstitutionally would basically be looked at as by EVERYONE ( including the American military) as a foreign invader in American soil.

How do you think that would end?

Back
Top Bottom