• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Under $1,500

Don't be bashful, tell us how you really feel. LOL...

A connector and couple springs will cost relatively little. I agree on everything else- cosmetic wallet burners.

To the OP- If you change any internals, keep the gun as a range toy only. Also be extra cautious to always point in a safe direction and be extra cautious shooting the first time in case of doubles, etc. With a little work, Glock triggers can be made almost tolerable.

With a little more work on the backplate they can be full auto...

I keep my Glock mods tame in my opinion. One thing to note, is I will not use a Striker spring less than 5 pounds. I've seen on other guns where they used a lighter Striker spring and had light strikes.

Zev does not list the weight of theirs, but I think its 4-4.5 pounds. I like the rest of their spring kit, and use their springs, except the striker. For that it's Wolff and 5.0

If you do use the Zev Spring kit, use their lightened striker (do not ever go with Titanium, and for that mater any Ti parts). I use their lightened steel striker in my G17.

And as others have indicated, do not remove metal or change any geometry of the parts.

I have an AMERICAN CLASSIC II 1911 in 45 ACP. It is competitive right out of the box. Mine shoots 2.25" groups at 25 yards with my reloads. They also make a 9mm version. They come with all the mods. that other ones need $1,000 spent on them to get them to shoot like mine.The trigger on mine acts like a two stage trigger. While aiming you squeeze until the trigger stops then squeeze about 1 pound more and the hammer falls. Even looking at the way all the parts fit extremely tight which increases the accuracy.

MetroArms AC45G2 1911 American Classic II 8+1 45ACP 5

American Classic ACC9B 1911 Commander 9mm 4.25

Back
Top Bottom