Under which regulation, etc., are Tula shotguns banned from import?

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

27 CFR § 447.52 | eRegulations

As far as I remember, the Kalashnikov Concern and MOLOT sanctions never banned imports via Tula, or did they? The Federal regulation I linked to above, which seem to codify the Clinton-Yeltsin trade agreement, just covers handguns and rifles, not shotguns.

Last edited by a moderator:
27 CFR § 447.52 | eRegulations

As far as I remember, the Kalashnikov Concern and MOLOT sanctions never banned imports via Tula, or did they? The Federal regulation I linked to above, which seem to codify the Clinton-Yeltsin trade agreement, just covers handguns and rifles, not shotguns.
I don't have an answer for you but I've not seen a new Tula in the USA in a long time, I feel like not in the 2000 at all, which would support your Clinton-Yeltsin theory. I've seen a few at auctions and one at a Bass Pro in PA, if memory serves me they were all TOZ-66 models from the 60s and 70s. I don't know much about them other than they are Russian, which is obvious but also calls into question the quality, the Russians have never been known for quality shotties, I'm not sure if the Tula is an exception. They sell for short money, typically $300 to $400 bucks. Did Tula make them in Russia or was Tula USA the importer? I always assumed it was Tula the ammo company but I could be completely wrong.

I don't have an answer for you but I've not seen a new Tula in the USA in a long time, I feel like not in the 2000 at all, which would support your Clinton-Yeltsin theory. I've seen a few at auctions and one at a Bass Pro in PA, if memory serves me they were all TOZ-66 models from the 60s and 70s. I don't know much about them other than they are Russian, which is obvious but also calls into question the quality, the Russians have never been known for quality shotties, I'm not sure if the Tula is an exception. They sell for short money, typically $300 to $400 bucks. Did Tula make them in Russia or was Tula USA the importer? I always assumed it was Tula the ammo company but I could be completely wrong.

AFAIK Tulammo and Tula guns are two completely different entities. Remington imported hammerless SxS and single shot Tula shotguns. EAA (of Tanfoglio fame) and Century were also importers.

CAI / Tula Russia 12ga O/U 28" barrels engraved fiber front sight - Over Under Shotguns at GunBroker.com : 899740013

Back
Top Bottom