• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Uniden repair

lancecolonel

NES Member
I have a uniden homepatrol 1 that has a cracked (thus unresponsive) screen. I cannot get the unit to do anything other than power on. Anyone ever have to repair this? What was the process? Who did the work for you? It should be noted that I contacted uniden but have heard nothing for several days now.

I have a uniden homepatrol 1 that has a cracked (thus unresponsive) screen. I cannot get the unit to do anything other than power on. Anyone ever have to repair this? What was the process? Who did the work for you? It should be noted that I contacted uniden but have heard nothing for several days now.

If I was going to make a WAG they probably closed or limited personnel because of this ncov shit. They would be the only one that would have
parts for it, especially in this case if the screen is busted. Is there a way you can interface it with a computer and control it that way? might be a hackneyed way to get it to work.... ? (im not familiar with it).

Knock on wood my HP-1 and HP-2 are still working well. I see that Uniden was selling HP-1 replacement screens for about $40, but show as out of stock.

If you have firmware 2.05 installed, you can try this:

In theory it gives you a web interface to control your HP-1. I'll admit I have not tried it. But if you have a computer and time (and proper firmware), you may want to give it a shot. Software is free.

^^they told me that's a uniden only repair and gave me the uniden repair page info.
i didn't try the software upgrade/fix as i still want the unit to be a standalone unit.
oh well, not too happy about paying $90 (minimum) to fix a $400 unit but looks like i don't have a choice.

i detect a hint of butt hurt...wanna "list" the bastards?
it's not really uniden's fault that somebody in my house (nobody will 'fess up) knocked the unit off it's perch and the screen cracked. would be nice if uniden could just charge me for a screen but it's not something i'm going to write to my congresswoman about, lol.

it's not really uniden's fault that somebody in my house (nobody will 'fess up) knocked the unit off it's perch and the screen cracked. would be nice if uniden could just charge me for a screen but it's not something i'm going to write to my congresswoman about, lol.
yeah, like mike said, probably on the corona short staff. doesn't help you much though at the moment. [frown]

Back
Top Bottom