• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Union Leader poll: "Should New Hampshire encourage hunting and fishing to drive tourism?"

Should New Hampshire encourage hunting and fishing to drive tourism?

Yes 60%
No 33%
Ambivalent 7%

Total Votes: 1194

Hikers and campers spend so much to preserve wilderness and access to the woods with the fees they spend on a lisence to travace the lands they enjoy.

It’s a f***ing scam in every state.

Register your yak, canoe, backpack, tent or other item to use the lands that have been funded by hunters and Fisher people for years.

f***ing pukes disgust me.

I know when my kids were little, we went to Santa's Village up in northern NH. There were orange and camo Budweiser signs everywhere saying "Hunters Welcome!". So, someone is promoting hunting up there, just maybe not exactly in the best way we might envision it.

Hikers and campers spend so much to preserve wilderness and access to the woods with the fees they spend on a lisence to travace the lands they enjoy.

It’s a f***ing scam in every state.

Register your yak, canoe, backpack, tent or other item to use the lands that have been funded by hunters and Fisher people for years.

f***ing pukes disgust me.
I hear you.

Pitman Robertson and dingle johnson act money has done more for wildlife conservation than any other bill in the nation's history.....and it was a self emposed tax......hunters and anglers overwhelmingly supported the acts passing.

Now....imagine if today a bill was proposed to tax camping and hiking equipment at 10%. Yeah.....all the "hikers" would kick and scream like 2 year olds.

No, we downplay the forest fire danger - moderate my a$$! - during a holiday week so as not to discourage people from coming up here to camp. Watch it jump to "high" or "extreme" after Sunday.

Here's my take:

I've got a good fishing hole. I dislike it when I see others glomming off of my hard work. I'm not "mad", per se, but these are areas that hadn't been fished for a long time. I start fishing them and guys are all over them.

I fish a restricted pond. So even with the "extra pressure" it isn't really pressured.

I can only imagine what my local fishing hole or my favorite tree for a deer stand would look like if I promoted more hunters and fishers in the area.

I'm all for more tourism. And maybe there is plenty of game to go around. I dunno. But it's what I think about.

(Best is that I see people fishing "my" area all the time, but they haul water. One guy HAS to have electronics based on the bells and whistles on his boat. It's not that hard to figure out where the fish should be.)

Notable aside - they are $13 ea, but grass edges in shallow water - WHOPPER PLOPPER!!!! I've NEVER had a topwater bait catch fish. I bagged 2 and a third got unbuttoned on Sat AM. A fun 3 minutes at the end of a fishing morning.

IMG_1967.JPG
Notable aside - they are $13 ea, but grass edges in shallow water - WHOPPER PLOPPER!!!! I've NEVER had a topwater bait catch fish. I bagged 2 and a third got unbuttoned on Sat AM. A fun 3 minutes at the end of a fishing morning.

Every angler needs a Whopper Plopper, they come in two sizes and several different color schemes, I got this monster in Westminster with the larger size, chad-colored WP

We have more ma**h***s than we need flocking across the border every weekend.......

Hey!
Some of us MassH***s grew up in NH and have to take down a tree for Mom. Or just visit regularly.

My wife and I moved to Boston 13 years ago, before we were married. She’s from way upstate VT. Our roots are in free states, our jobs and opportunities were just in the city when we were young. It’s a love hate relationship.

The red and white license plate feels like a scarlet letter, especially around the holidays. I know you’re judging, just remember some of us flat landers really do belong up there.

OP question, I don’t hunt so I can’t really comment. Most of my friends do though, and they’d be dipped in sh*t before they wanted someone from out of state roaming around “their” woods. Heck, even other people from NH. Most of them think anything south of Concord is just northern MA anyway.

View attachment 240098

Every angler needs a Whopper Plopper, they come in two sizes and several different color schemes, I got this monster in Westminster with the larger size, chad-colored WP
They have 4 sizes now!!! The 90 and 110 are the standards, but they have a larger 130 and just came out with a slightly smaller bluegill profile whopper 75!

They have 4 sizes now!!! The 90 and 110 are the standards, but they have a larger 130 and just came out with a slightly smaller bluegill profile whopper 75!

A buddy of mine down in Sutton, MA introduced me to them. He showed me a pic from the first day he tried it where he had a double strike: they were just one-pound LMB but one hit the front hook the same time another hit the back! I'd heard of this before but always thought it was made up BS.... Definitely once in a lifetime if you're lucky event, so I picked a couple up, love them, and now I have to get a couple more.... thanks for the heads up!

Not to totally thread-jack, but they make a 190 saltwater one as well.

The 90's work well for me. Although this time of year, the fish are getting smaller and smaller in the shallows. I bagged another 3 of them on Sat AM, along with a small perch that was 40% bigger than the lure. LOL. Then I went to drift fish the rest of the weekend through the lily-pad patches. Gotta find the fish before The Boy gets home in. . . . 18 days.

Here's my take:

I've got a good fishing hole. I dislike it when I see others glomming off of my hard work. I'm not "mad", per se, but these are areas that hadn't been fished for a long time. I start fishing them and guys are all over them.

I fish a restricted pond. So even with the "extra pressure" it isn't really pressured.

I can only imagine what my local fishing hole or my favorite tree for a deer stand would look like if I promoted more hunters and fishers in the area.

I'm all for more tourism. And maybe there is plenty of game to go around. I dunno. But it's what I think about.

(Best is that I see people fishing "my" area all the time, but they haul water. One guy HAS to have electronics based on the bells and whistles on his boat. It's not that hard to figure out where the fish should be.)

My brother turned me on to the whopper plopper a few weeks ago. They are unbelievable, especially just before dusk.

Back
Top Bottom