• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unusual (?) Buffer Tube Feature? - Buffer Tube Kit Review

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
I've been working on learning how to attach the buffer tube and a stock to a lower receiver. I happened to have a buffer tube (from who knows where) to practice with. Everything was going well until I put the buffer spring retaining pin in and began to screw the buffer tube forward to capture the retaining pin. It was then that I noticed that this buffer tube had a feature which I had not noticed in any of the instructional videos. The tube has a slight ridge on the bottom portion of the tube opening (about 1/8") with a semi-circular cut-out which is positioned at the bottom of the tube opening. It appears that on this particular tube, this opening is meant to capture the little nub on the top of the retainer pin rather than have the pin rest on the edge of the tube.

Instead of taking a picture, this video shows this feature at about 58 seconds into the video. It looks like a neat idea unfortunately I cannot use this tube with the Magpul MOE fixed stock I have. This stock, when positioned properly has to be attached by putting a screw (supplied with the stock). Unfortunately there is not enough clearance for the screw to be completely attached through the wholes in stock without hitting the ridge on the bottom of the stock.

Has anyone seen a buffer tube like this and know where it comes from?

Here. That light colored scrape mark show where the attaching screw hits the tube.

Attachments

• IMG_1013.JPG
    IMG_1013.JPG
    316.7 KB · Views: 30
Rather than start a new thread I decided to amend the title of this one to post a video I just found. The is the first video I have seen where the narrator takes you through a review and analysis of a typical buffer tube kit. Something which should be of interest to newbies like me.

Back
Top Bottom