Upcoming Mass Gun Control hearings...

A little side note on Menino: the only legit word I heard was Florida. He made me giggle, seeing him in real life. The fact that people stood up to applaud him & Patrick, speaks volumes.
On a side note, I am networking with one of the anti groups. I was approached, before they left, as they said that Jim Wallaces words really rung with them. This is our open door. There are certain groups we will never crack: MDA, Brady, Rosenthals goons-but, a lot of the other organizations, think rationally. I am going to get them to agree to let me speak at a meeting. We actually DO have a lot of common ground-NONE of us wants gun violence in our communities. Its how we go about getting that, is the difference. But, I plan on explaining to them that additional gun laws will not solve problems. Mind you, they only consistently hear one side of the story-the media side. They are ignorant of the facts. Being aggressive with them doesnt help. Speaking to them, engaging with them, does. Myself, and two other members, yesterday, have started this process. Its something we should have tried sooner. It works. When anti comes up to ME, and tells ME that the two most impressive, and thought provoking testimonials, were from myself in Worcester, and Jim Wallace yesterday-thats a door that you simply do not close. You walk through it. I am planning on doing just that. Imagine if we can actually get some of them to understand-REALLY understand-how these laws simply will not work. If I can reach across the aisles, anyone can. Mind you, THEY came to ME-not the other way around. This showed hope. I will not let that opportunity slip.

Funny, Menino's two demands were the most reasonable and doable things I heard all day.

He wanted complaince with the federal NICS system which isn't thrilling, but the feds asking for people adjudicated (as in declared by a court) mentally defective, isn't exactly the most unreasonable thing the antis have ever demand.

IIRC, he also wanted stiffer sentences for repeat offenders of gun laws (I think that is right, please correct me if I am wrong).

If that is all we were fighting about, this would hae be over and done some time ago.

Last edited:
A little side note on Menino: the only legit word I heard was Florida. He made me giggle, seeing him in real life. The fact that people stood up to applaud him & Patrick, speaks volumes.
On a side note, I am networking with one of the anti groups. I was approached, before they left, as they said that Jim Wallaces words really rung with them. This is our open door. There are certain groups we will never crack: MDA, Brady, Rosenthals goons-but, a lot of the other organizations, think rationally. I am going to get them to agree to let me speak at a meeting. We actually DO have a lot of common ground-NONE of us wants gun violence in our communities. Its how we go about getting that, is the difference. But, I plan on explaining to them that additional gun laws will not solve problems. Mind you, they only consistently hear one side of the story-the media side. They are ignorant of the facts. Being aggressive with them doesnt help. Speaking to them, engaging with them, does. Myself, and two other members, yesterday, have started this process. Its something we should have tried sooner. It works. When anti comes up to ME, and tells ME that the two most impressive, and thought provoking testimonials, were from myself in Worcester, and Jim Wallace yesterday-thats a door that you simply do not close. You walk through it. I am planning on doing just that. Imagine if we can actually get some of them to understand-REALLY understand-how these laws simply will not work. If I can reach across the aisles, anyone can. Mind you, THEY came to ME-not the other way around. This showed hope. I will not let that opportunity slip.

I did note that some people on the "anti" panels seemed fair or at least not moonbats. Some seemed to focus on crime and perhaps, PERHAPS, they just do not get that MA already has all the "common sense" laws that Obama and Joe wanted. However, they need to amend thier test.

Ditto at the springfield hearing. That said, the group I talked to had not replied to any of my emails, granted they were just to one member.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Props to both of you if ANY of that comes to fruition. My biggest accomplishment getting an anti to understand was bringing my mother to the range. I consider that a small miracle but would largely pale in comparison to what you are describing.

Lol, ya I hear ya: my parents are from Lexington.

She wanted to buy pepper spray and I had to explain the whole licensing situation. Her response was "ok, so I go to NH to buy it."

Tell me again why we are trying to punish otherwise law abiding citizens who simply want to protect themselves?

//
On a side note, I am networking with one of the anti groups. I was approached, before they left, as they said that Jim Wallaces words really rung with them. This is our open door. There are certain groups we will never crack: MDA, Brady, Rosenthals goons-but, a lot of the other organizations, think rationally. I am going to get them to agree to let me speak at a meeting. We actually DO have a lot of common ground-NONE of us wants gun violence in our communities. Its how we go about getting that, is the difference. But, I plan on explaining to them that additional gun laws will not solve problems. Mind you, they only consistently hear one side of the story-the media side. They are ignorant of the facts. Being aggressive with them doesnt help. Speaking to them, engaging with them, does. //
I've been taking the same approach. The facts are inescapable.

The approach I have been taking is to tell them: "My measure is - 'Would this have helped Gabriel Clark?" Gabriel Clark was a 13yo boy on his way to church choir practice in January when three guys in a car pulled over and shot him three times. No suspects have been identified and as far as I know, no witnesses, either. The current police theory is that it was a gang hit gone wrong.

I asked a BPD officer today his personal opinion of what percentage of gun crimes in Boston were gang-related and he said "Maybe 80 or 90%."

Did anyone take notes on what the question on registration was that State Senator Sonya Chang Diaz asked?

"Chang-Diaz asked what was so "onerous" about a 1 gun per month limit." This is an opportunity for us.

Here is what Jim should have added...

"what problem does it solve?"

"OGAM is a tactic to prevent interstate trafficking of firearms. Is Massachusetts the origin of illegally trafficked firearms? Please show data. I doubt "gun violence" in neighboring states is caused by MA LTC holders buying from the restricted list of guns available in this State and running them into Nashua, Bangor or Montpelier where they are used in street crimes."

Last edited:
Here is what Jim should have added...

"what problem does it solve?"

"OGAM is a tactic to prevent interstate trafficking of firearms. Is Massachusetts the origin of illegally trafficked firearms? Please show data. I doubt "gun violence" in neighboring states is caused by MA LTC holders buying from the restricted list of guns available in this State and running them into Nashua, Bangor or Montpellier where they are used in street crimes."

Agree 100%. I hope GOAL is paying attention. These are important talking points to get right.

Did anyone take notes on what the question on registration was that State Senator Sonya Chang Diaz asked?

"Chang-Diaz asked what was so "onerous" about a 1 gun per month limit." This is an opportunity for us.

Yes, My rebuttal to this is C&R as an example or buying a collection and the mentioned 3 gun match. There are a number of replies.

You have the question complete. Following that, there was some meaningless back and forth BS about walking hand in hand, unfortunately started by GOAL.

It seemed like she was looking for an response she could use to explain the issue to her constituents who have asked about this.

All the more reason why a fact-based response, rather than an indignant one, would have been more effective.

Did the question pertain to registration of guns, gun sales, owners, or all of the above?

There were multiple forms said during the day but I believe the questions was "why is a limit on buying one gun a month unreasonable?" Another iteration that I recall, maybe not from her, was "Why does anyone need to buy more than one gun a month?' It seemed like she was asking about 'buying" guns. Anyone else have a thought on this?

All questions seem somewhat rhetorical although I'm sure Cicero would take issue we the application of such a lofty phrase to her.

From Facebook:

• David Linsky

Please join me on Thursday September 26 in Lexington

Jay R. Kaufman
    My award-winning public policy forum, "OPEN HOUSE", tackles the controversial and timely topic of guns and gun control in America. The forum, “Guns”, will be held Thursday, September 26th, from 7:00PM-8:30PM at the historic Depot in Lexington Center (13 Depot Square in Lexington Center).

Joining me for this highly informational forum is Representative David Linsky (D-Natick), Lexington Police Chief Mark Corr, and Executive Director of the Gun Owners Action League, Jim Wallace. Representative Linsky was first elected to Massachusetts House of Representatives in 1999. He currently serves as the Chairman of the House Committee on Post Audit and Oversight. Rep. Linsky was the author of “An Act to Reduce Gun Violence and to Protect the Citizens of the Commonwealth,” a comprehensive gun violence prevention bill aimed at closing loopholes in existing state laws, requiring mental health background checks, strengthening gun storage requirements, and requiring liability insurance for gun owners. Chief Corr oversees all operations of the Lexington Police Department, a 60 person Para-military organization with an annual budget of almost $11 million. Jim Wallace is the Executive Director of the Gun Owners Action League, the official state firearms association in Massachusetts. They were established in 1974 to protect the right to keep and bear arms for lawful purposes in the Commonwealth.

How does gun violence affect legislation and the gun lobby? Is the 2nd Amendment still relevant in the 21st century? What are the statistics of crimes committing with a firearm? What can we really do to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Are we less safe than we were 30 years ago? Find out the answers to these questions and bring your own. Don’t miss this forum Thursday, September 26th, from 7PM-8:30PM.

This forum, at the historic Depot in Lexington Center, comes just three days after the 5th Congressional Candidate forum on Monday, September 23rd, at Cary Hall.

Never wished a$$ cancer on a man more than I wish it on that galactic dildo Linsky. Wiesel fvck.

I too was wondering that very thing PaulD. I have taken what steps I can; called, wrote, attended rally's and a hearing and spoke at it; I have also ensured that I will have an accurate 'main-battle-rifle' if the laws change and my AR-10 rifle order gets cancelled (I got a NIB M1A Loaded NM). I already have an AR-15 and am in the build process on another.

It does concern me that no news has been released or updates - the hacks on Beacon Hill will probably sneak this in to a midnight session with no warning, similar to the ATV laws from a couple years ago.

I too was wondering that very thing PaulD. I have taken what steps I can; called, wrote, attended rally's and a hearing and spoke at it; I have also ensured that I will have an accurate 'main-battle-rifle' if the laws change and my AR-10 rifle order gets cancelled (I got a NIB M1A Loaded NM). I already have an AR-15 and am in the build process on another.

It does concern me that no news has been released or updates - the hacks on Beacon Hill will probably sneak this in to a midnight session with no warning, similar to the ATV laws from a couple years ago.
Silence can go either way. Devoid and crew did a big media blitz. If the committee is going to grumpy cat or upstage them, they don't want to do it until the smoke clears and everyone is distracted by something else shiny. It avoids conflict to space things out.

Note the proximity to the outrage over the tech tax and a shiny new bill fixing it? Lickety and/or split...

If the committee is not just going to kneel down before Zod and do his bidding why pick a fight and put it in his face.

Frankly, I would be more concerned with quick action, but I am not exhaling just yet either.

Back
Top Bottom