• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update: Active driver/stabber at Ohio State, now dead

They're reporting on tv news that the Somali refugee was unhappy with the way Muslims are treated in this country. Easy fix - don't come here. Wonder why folks are suspicious of you - duh! With good reason.

Kudos to the officer who put an end to the attack before any bystanders were killed.

I've never owned anything bigger than a chefs knife, unless you are a professional butcher you don't need a butcher knife, period, end of discussion. Enough is enough

I hope you are an LEO or at least ex-military. That's a weapon of war. Don't even get me started on civilians with serrated kitchen knives - that's a whole other issue!

Common sense kitchen knife control, now! For the children!

Totally agree. The good news is, The UK is on the forefront of this sort of thing. So hopefully, hopefully, the US can follow their lead in battling these evil killing machines that have no business in the hands of the people.

"Save a life, surrender your knife!"

Liberal response will be 'see this is why we need gun control!'

It turns out you were about two hours too slow.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/28/dems-instantly-turned-the-osu-shooting-into-a-gun-control-debate/

Liberals are super angry about this incident. I mean, no so much that the incident happened, but that it was a Somali immigrant who used a car and knife instead of a gun. A white Trump supporter using an "assault weapon", and they would be jumping with joy.

Before the facts came out, when they thought it was a shooting, the damn near immediately started calling for gun control. This is how these people think.

They're reporting on tv news that the Somali refugee was unhappy with the way Muslims are treated in this country. Easy fix - don't come here. Wonder why folks are suspicious of you - duh! With good reason.

Kudos to the officer who put an end to the attack before any bystanders were killed.

As apposed to the way they are treated in Somalia ? GMAFB
Well he's now found his true purpose in life ..Fertilizer .

From what I understand that it was a Google self driving car weilding a smart knife that became enraged when a bunch of students pay their Uber fee and made a run for it or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

He has nothing to worry about now.

Heard about this on NPR this afternoon driving to work before there was any real information. They were already discussing about what "kind of weapons" the "active shooter" had been using before finding out if there had been any shooting at all. I personally would be curious about what gun Officer Horujko was using, seemed pretty effective.

I am also calling for an out right bans on all knives under 8" with collapsible tactical handles (or folding mechanisms) or any copycat or duplicate versions.
Also cars, all cars, especially Priuses. [rolleyes]

Last edited:
15284102_1302639216424244_7816450972827228256_n.jpg

Just talked to the wife. There is no training at the moment. I guess the school system is debating about whether or not to provide the Alice training. Honestly, I'd pay for my wife to go through the class happily. She's a good shot, but not so awesome on the hand to hand stuff.

Yeah... theoretically, Alice increases liability. Lots of administrators get freaked about any whiff of confrontation, though some do see the light. Even in a profession with no shortage of milquetoasts, some are more milque, others more toast. If that makes any sense.

This Muslim dude took his frustration with Islamophobia out on people by mimicking a successful Islamic terror attack that occurred just a few months ago? Wut?

I hope the 28 year old OSU cop that killed that POS works it all through (emotionally) without incident. Just because he's in the right doesn't necessarily mean he'll be allright.

He will probably be knee deep in college 'tang for the next year or 2. I'll bet he will be fine.

I have been avoiding the news - I don't want to be admonished not to paint all muslims with the same brush, that they are a peaceful religion and we don't know why he did it.

I won't paint them with the same brush - but they definitely all seem to be in the same color paint swatch
A mistranslation peace should have been submit
His article was clear

Better open to prosecution than open casket. You are correct though, in this state if you do anything to or against a criminal the lawyers line up on their side before you are done at the police station.

The usual suspects were all over social media today hemming and hawing about "doing something!" I noticed the posts started disappearing once they realized that no guns were involved, and that the attacker was Muslim...

You guys are all missing the real issue here. This guy used a fully-automatic, 4000lb, assault transmission equipped missle. I move to ban all automatic transmissions and from here on out order all vehicle manufacturers to sell manual transmissions only. No one needs an automatic vehicle.

AND the calls are out to renew gun ban efforts because of this terrorist attack!!! Only, the jerk did not use a gun, which is lost on the liberals for some reason. [sad2]

Yeah... theoretically, Alice increases liability. Lots of administrators get freaked about any whiff of confrontation, though some do see the light. Even in a profession with no shortage of milquetoasts, some are more milque, others more toast. If that makes any sense.
My wife told me that one of her co-workers had gone through the Alice training and stated that she would never do it again. "It was awful....they came in and shot people with NERF guns, there were bangs and tons of yelling." My response was "So, it was somewhat realistic? Good........" [thinking]

My wife has strict instructions to GTFO if she hears anything louder than a car backfire in the school. Line the kids up and out the door they go. Thankfully she only teaches in two rooms, one of which has a door leading directly outside and the other having huge windows....both on the ground floor.

Better open to prosecution than open casket. You are correct though, in this state if you do anything to or against a criminal the lawyers line up on their side before you are done at the police station.

They do? I see this sentiment repeated over and over here, but there are never any examples cited. I agree with the open to prosecution being better than an open casket mentality of course, and Im well aware of your more than warranted disgust with the system. Id love to see some actual numbers in regards to criminal or civil prosecution of victims that fought back.

So when will the new "Knife" and "Vehicle" control laws start showing up.. I am also waiting for legislation that will hold the knife and vehicle makers liable for any deaths/injuries caused by their inanimate objects.. because we all know the knife ran up to all those people lunging itself at them. And the vehicle quietly pulled itself out of it's garage that morning, made it's way to the campus and depressed it's own accelerator and ran over all those people. In the name of "Public Safety" WE NEED KNIFE/VEHICLE CONTROL LAWS.. NOW!!

Back
Top Bottom