Update. Framingham licensing

Again, know nothing about the city, but it occurs to me that if the town was a festering cesspool of "antis" it wouldn't be "Green".

Green doesn't mean "anti gun rhetoric free" it mostly pertained to the odds of getting an unrestricted license.

There are lots of "green" towns that do closeted anti gun garbage.

There are also Green towns like Arlington that play both sides of the fence. Sure the pd will be nice to you, as long as you remain invisible to them. And behind that second layer of film is a wall of snarling menotomy moonbats.

Thanks bud. He’s going to go in tomorrow with everything in hand and hopefully he sees lt mcarthy. Thanks for all your guys help
So I guess Mcarthy replaced Wareham which makes sense since you really can't keep an LO who had his LTC revoked due to a past Juvi conviction (yes that would have meant he was ALWAYS a PP and lied about it, but that's not important /sarc). Hopefully he turns out to be more honest than his predecessor. Not really setting the bar very high though.

So my buddy went in today and directly talked to Lt. Mcarthy. He was told, it’s not that he’s too busy, it’s that the governor and new attorney general have new laws coming out in February and they are not taking ANY NEW applications/issuing any new licenses. They are doing re-newels though.
He did say the Lt was very professional and explained why very cordially.
Wonder what’s brewing?

So my buddy went in today and directly talked to Lt. Mcarthy. He was told, it’s not that he’s too busy, it’s that the governor and new attorney general have new laws coming out in February and they are not taking ANY NEW applications/issuing any new licenses. They are doing re-newels though.
Wonder what’s brewing?
That sounds like total BS. What NEW LAWS could Queen Maura and her AG promote?
I'd contact COMM 2A, Framingham is obviously using Bruen to make excuses for NOT doing their jobs.

Wonder what’s brewing?
F'ing ridiculous! What are the laws as they stand today? Who gives a eff what laws will be passed in the future, that has no bearing on what the law is right now.

I'd contact COMM 2A, Framingham is obviously using Bruen to make excuses for NOT doing their jobs.

giphy.gif

Wonder what’s brewing?
That’s 1000% unacceptable. These are the laws now, follow them.

Your buddy needs to LAWYRUP

Wonder what’s brewing?
This is an excerpt from the incoming attorney general's web page "Strengthening and Enforcing Gun Laws":

Bolster gun safety training requirements:
  • Work with state police on an enhanced gun safety curriculum for new gun owners, focusing on safe handling, safe storage, and the risks of unsecured guns.
  • Advocate to the Massachusetts Legislature to require regular range certification, safety, training and a written safety test as a prerequisite for obtaining a gun license.
I have no idea what the incoming governor may have up her sleeve but it's probably not going to be pretty.
The legislature has a number of gun control laws in the pipeline as well.

One of the incoming attorney general's more bizarre proposals is this:
  • Address disparities in legal gun ownership that all too often criminalize individuals in communities of color and create a program to expunge the records of those who demonstrate responsible behavior after a charge of illegal possession.
This absolutely flies in the face of our "one strike and you're out"policy when it comes to being classified as a "prohibited person".
It sounds like if you're a white guy at Harvard Sportsmens Club who gets caught with a 30-round post-ban magazine its game over but a black teenager scootering around Dorchester with a Taurus G3C in his hoodie pocket is going to get a second chance.

I knew when this thing took over as governor we really are going to be f***ed in the state.

Yeah. None of this is Maura. Not a lick. (No pun intended, but LOL). Do you really think she contacted PD in every town and told them there was "something brewing"???? C'mon.

Hell, I'd prefer she did. Let's hit the FF on this whole mo-fo. Like HARD FF. Let's take the worst of CA, NY and Oreo-Gone and lump it all together in mASS and bring it. I'm good for waiting a little bit then having unfettered rights (as I should have in the first place, but I digress) for the rest of mine and my children's lives.

Wonder what’s brewing?
So he smiled and was polite... when he told you to F off in direct contradiction of the law and Bill of Rights. What a nice guy.

Has she announced the day/time of her next press conference banning more guns?
I knew when this thing took over as governor we really are going to be f***ed in the state.
Very true!

OP's friend needs to notify Comm2A. This is ripe for a quick lawsuit to set Framingham PD straight.

Also, new laws don't just happen a month after a new legislature is sworn in. There is a process and it takes a lot longer than a month. Committees need to be appointed, etc. and it all takes time. I have no doubts that these two clowns will pull some shenanigans and you poor folks behind the wall will end up screwed. Perhaps 5-10 yrs later, the USSC might deign to decide in citizen's favor, but the damage will be done. Escape while you can is the only way to deal with this type of BS.

One of the incoming attorney general's more bizarre proposals is this:
  • Address disparities in legal gun ownership that all too often criminalize individuals in communities of color and create a program to expunge the records of those who demonstrate responsible behavior after a charge of illegal possession.
I don't know, this does say charged, not convicted. They will use the charge as a suitability issue no matter how long ago. So if they meant charged not convicted then yes there should be a means to expunge.

Wonder what’s brewing?
it is just amazing what kind of BS police can sell to newbies. 'very cordially'. well, what can you do.

Framingham doesn't even know what Bruen is. This problem, in these douche towns has been going on for decades.
Well, if the LT is using it as an excuse, he's either lying or Framingham's Legal Dept. is issuing the guidance which means they can deny him an interview forever.
They are denying a citizen their civil rights, so I'd go to Plan B which would be COMM 2A and hire a lawyer to question Framingham's legal Dept. on the LT's excuse.
TOTALLY ILLEGAL, just like denying applicants an interview during COVID.

• Address gun hoarding in Massachusetts:
      • Facilitate sharing of information about gun hoarding with local authorities with jurisdiction and power to see how and where such guns are stored.
      • Investigate gun dealers who appear to be selling guns indiscriminately.
      • Work with the Massachusetts Legislature on measures designed to limit gun and ammunition hoarding, including limits on annual and lifetime gun purchases.

• Work with local organizations to create and bolster programs that teach formerly incarcerated individuals or those who otherwise interact with the criminal justice system about gun laws and gun safety.

From the new MA AG
The first quote, just wow, talk about targeting lawful gun owners.
The second quote, so gun safety programs for convicts but not for the general public, Hmmm that seems a bit off

"Also, new laws don't just happen a month after a new legislature is sworn in. There is a process and it takes a lot longer than a month. Committees need to be appointed, etc. and it all takes time. I have no doubts that these two clowns will pull some shenanigans and you poor folks behind the wall will end up screwed. Perhaps 5-10 yrs later, the USSC might deign to decide in citizen's favor, but the damage will be done. Escape while you can is the only way to deal with this type of BS.."

Exactly, which is why I posted that if that's the case the PD can deny him an interview forever.

• "Address gun hoarding in Massachusetts:
    • Facilitate sharing of information about gun hoarding with local authorities with jurisdiction and power to see how and where such guns are stored.
    • Work with the Massachusetts Legislature on measures designed to limit gun and ammunition hoarding, including limits on annual and lifetime gun purchases."
I guess we need a definition of "gun hoarding"?

• "Address gun hoarding in Massachusetts:
    • Work with the Massachusetts Legislature on measures designed to limit gun and ammunition hoarding, including limits on annual and lifetime gun purchases."
I guess we need a definition of "gun hoarding"?
define it any way you want. I want another banner under my username "Gun Hoarder" maybe in blue or red.

Don’t forget this shit either! These are some of the bigger ones.

• Step up enforcement of assault weapons ban:
    • Work with the Massachusetts Legislature to identify dangerous semi-automatic rifles that currently evade the assault weapons ban, including identifying guns by lethal characteristics rather than by brand names.
    • Enhance prosecution of criminals using guns already designated as assault weapons under law.
  • Enhance prosecution of those who build and use ghost guns, which are weapons typically built by individuals rather than manufacturers, that have no serial numbers and are not traceable:
    • Issue an enforcement policy that expands on a new federal rule restricting the sale of ghost guns in order to make clear that gun dealers in violation of the rule risk forfeiting their license.
    • Use existing unfair trade practice law to go after illegal internet sales of ghost gun blanks and 3-D printed weapons.
    • Encourage those who already own ghost guns to turn them in without penalty

Back
Top Bottom