• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update. Framingham licensing

Sparky1911

NES Member
I have a close friend who wants to get his LTC. He went a took his course and called Framingham and left a message, No one called back. On his 3rd attempt he finally got an officer on the phone and was told he had to wait 3 months to get an interview and put his application in. What can he do if anything, or who can he contact besides a lawer. He’s not the wealthiest guy
Thanks all

unfortunately there is nothing he/she can do.

Even the law specifying how long they have to issue a permit is routinely ignored

Short of going to the Mayor or other elected official and claiming rights are being violated under Bruen, he is screwed

I have a close friend who wants to get his LTC. He went a took his course and called Framingham and left a message, No one called back. On his 3rd attempt he finally got an officer on the phone and was told he had to wait 3 months to get an interview and put his application in. What can he do if anything, or who can he contact besides a lawer. He’s not the wealthiest guy
Thanks all
Why is he calling first? Show up with completed application and turn it in.

unfortunately there is nothing he/she can do.

Even the law specifying how long they have to issue a permit is routinely ignored

Short of going to the Mayor or other elected official and claiming rights are being violated under Bruen, he is screwed
If he has a rep that's worth shit (republican) doubtful in that area. I would go there.

Cash only.
Why?
Its a tax payer funded government agency and they are scared of a check/money order from someone going for a LTC?
Alrite I’m tracking now. I thought you were talking specifically about me using a money order.

So he’s basically screwed?? Unless he has. Money for a lawer he just has to wait?
Nothing in the information sheet posted above mentions calling before dropping off the application. Show up in person with the application and the required documents, set the appointment for the interview and fingerprints as described in their FAQ. I did mine in Auburn just a few months ago.

Just show up at the times below and talk to the licensing officer. Ensure you have the cash and documents you are supposed to have. He will either set up and appointment for later on, or just take him in.

HOURS OF OPERATION​

The hours to obtain fingerprints as well as the issuance of License to Carry, FID cards, Hackney Licenses and Liquor Server IDs are from 9 a.m. to Noon and from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursdays. Licensing fee is $20 for Liquor Server IDs and the form must be signed by the establishment manager.

I love how everyone keeps saying show up with your application in hand. Do you people read or just look at pictures
Because a website says something l, doesn’t mean that’s what actually happens

Back
Top Bottom