• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE: Police RAID house of gun-toting St. Louis lawyer couple and confiscate the AR-15

The shared areas fall under the same legal qualification as any one of their back yards or front porches, it's co owned PRIVATE PROPERTY.......ALL THE RULES APPLY thats why it's posted AT THE GATE.

If you were not specifically invited by a resident or have legitimate business there IN ANY PART OF THE PLACE you are trespassing.

Fine. I don’t contest that.

How does a resident know for sure that someone hasn’t been specifically invited?

Like, say my guests miss the house and end up in front of yours, how do you know if they’re trespassing?

Ok, how’s this:

They were almost certainly trespassing, I’d bet my house on it.

But nobody else on the street was freaked out about it. If they really had been an angry mob set on death and destruction, they wouldn’t have been stopped by the McCloskeys, they would have just gone to the next house. Hell, if they cared at all about the McCloskys, they wouldn’t have been stopped by them, either.

Funny thing about bullies when they receive pushback. [thinking]

How does a resident know for sure that someone hasn’t been specifically invited?

Like, say my guests miss the house and end up in front of yours, how do you know if they’re trespassing?
Again, this false equivalency is absurd. So your several dozen guests might just break a gate, and stop on my property, and identify it's me rather than you, and then threaten my life... but they were really just trying to find your toddler's birthday party? There's no reading between the lines there to distinguish guests from a rioting mob?

Firearms were seized without due process and all the nation knows they're unarmed. But no rights violated? You can't be serious.

You haven't seen any police stand down or refuse to respond a few hundred times around the nation in just the past month?

EDIT: I see you're new here. Welcome. Start by learning the parameters of Constitutional rights so you can recognize them being violated. That goes for being victim or perpetrator.

You have your head stuck so far up your ass you don't even know. Sorry that I have to be the one to tell you.

People defended their home with weapons. No violence occurred. Police confiscate ONLY the weapons used. No charges made. No other guns taken. They even indicate where the handgun is that wasn't seized. I'm not sure what more you want. Sorry candy, this is how the real world works. This isn't 1300 where you get to defend your hut with a stick and keep your stick after.

Again, this false equivalency is absurd. So your several dozen guests might just break a gate, and stop on my property, and identify it's me rather than you, and then threaten my life... but they were really just trying to find your toddler's birthday party? There's no reading between the lines there to distinguish guests from a rioting mob?

I never said anything about their character, I was pointing out that there are different levels of “private” that are not legally identical.

The cops didn't respond.

What are you f***ing talking about? Of course the cops wouldn't respond. Only a riot team would and even than they are out numbered. This is exactly why gun permits are increasing as CLEARLY out law enforcement aren't even suited to defend against this.

The police HOWEVER DID respond and confiscate ALL WEAPONS 'INVOLVED' and NO CHARGES were filed.

What more do you guys want? Do you want police to give high fives to these people? Lmao, not sure what world you guys are living in.

I’m not trying to minimize anything.

Just to be clear: are now saying that there is no difference between an act and its effect?

‘Cuz if so, that means when some moonbat freaks out because he sees a gun in a holster and feels threatened, that’s the same as the gun owner threatening the moonbat. (A premise I find absurd.)

OF COURSE YOU ARE.....you've been trying to blame the victims (homeowners) all along

Then made excuses about thousands of dollars to their private property

Then attempted to excuse it away with claims that the "protesters" were just trying to get to the mayors house.....

We could go on and on and on but the simple fact of the matter is that you're on the wrong side of this argument based on the facts

I'm willing to bet half, 1/2, .5, or 50% of the people posting in this thread probably think its normal to walk around a playground carrying AR-15's because it's "your right" lmao, you give actual gun owners and right activist such a bad look.

EDIT: I see you're new here. Welcome. Start by learning the parameters of Constitutional rights so you can recognize them being violated. That goes for being victim or perpetrator.

Yes because this website is where people go/should go to learn gun laws/constitutional rights. You have absolutely no idea what the f*** you're talking about.

If someone ever pulled a gun on me in public, for whatever reason, I'd be glad that the police ensure it's legal to own/possess for that person/anyone.
If someone suffers a medical emergency and the police take the gun at the hospital for safekeeping, would you be glad if the police refused to return the gun until they had run ballistics to make sure it did not match any outstanding crimes?

You have absolutely no idea what the f*** you're talking about.
You've got my attention. Keep dropping that knowledge.
Yes because this website is where people go/should go to learn gun laws/constitutional rights.
You could find worse places to learn. Seriously though, you would benefit from reading more and posting less until you get a better grasp of civil liberties and use of force.

I did last week. My wife and I went for a walk in one. We do it regularly (but not often).

Nobody cares. But we’re white, so maybe that’s why.
See post 249. You are a close second.
I'm willing to bet half, 1/2, .5, or 50% of the people posting in this thread probably think its normal to walk around a playground carrying AR-15's because it's "your right" lmao, you give actual gun owners and right activist such a bad look.
You obviously are a big fan of "common sense gun control".

If someone suffers a medical emergency and the police take the gun at the hospital for safekeeping, you you be glad if the police refused to return the gun until they had run ballistics to make sure it did not match any outstanding crimes?

What the f*** are you talking about dude

Seriously, I think it's time to step away from the keyboard, take a few deep breaths, and than maybe get some fresh air outside.

After you tell them to leave, if they don't do so immediately they are trespassing at that point.

Yes because this website is where people go/should go to learn gun laws/constitutional rights. You have absolutely no idea what the f*** you're talking about.

I can unequivocably state that you're on the wrong side of this argument and Brewer is going to fact slap the shit out of you in the next couple posts unless the mods just give you a vacation to protect you from yourself

I can unequivocably state that you're on the wrong side of this argument and Brewer is going to fact slap the shit out of you in the next couple posts unless the mods just give you a vacation to protect you from yourself

You literally just explained this entire website in 1 or two sentences.

OF COURSE YOU ARE.....you've been trying to blame the victims (homeowners) all along

Then made excuses about thousands of dollars to their private property

Then attempted to excuse it away with claims that the "protesters" were just trying to get to the mayors house.....

We could go on and on and on but the simple fact of the matter is that you're on the wrong side of this argument based on the facts

I never mentioned property damage at all. If I did, please quote me.

I’m not sure what you mean by “blame the homeowners”, blame them for what?

They WERE going to the mayor’s house. Do you think that’s not true?

Please do go on and on, but quote what I actually wrote, not what you imagine I meant.

Do you believe Mrs. McClosky behaved rationally?

I think Mr. McClosky overreacted a little, but not criminally. (Probably, I don’t know MO law well. She acted unglued, even if she was/is in the right.

Yea, that’s true.

But “bully” and “mob” aren’t the same thing, and bullies (and mobs) don’t change their character after one incident, they find the next target.
Those expecting no resistance, then suddenly finding some, tend to retreat. They are at root cowards, taking their strength (such that it is) from The Group.

Here you go pussies:

Real Americans stepping up for Patriots:

haha I've been waiting this entire time for this, thanks bro

I never mentioned property damage at all. If I did, please quote me.

I’m not sure what you mean by “blame the homeowners”, blame them for what?

They WERE going to the mayor’s house. Do you think that’s not true?

Please do go on and on, but quote what I actually wrote, not what you imagine I meant.

Do you believe Mrs. McClosky behaved rationally?

I think Mr. McClosky overreacted a little, but no criminally. (Probably, I don’t know MO law well. She acted unglued, even if she was/is in the right.

Ya did....you minimized the THOUSANDS in $$ of damage

The mayors home is many blocks away and isnt in the private/gated community......you would have picked up on that if you had been reading....

The McClosky's acted within their constitutionally protected natural rights

Period

Appears that the troll invasion has landed in this thread.

a95f8852c2a194b.gif

All I'm saying is you guys seem to really enjoy slamming away on your keyboard fabricating non sense like someone just took your candy bar or something and clicking the post reply button like your life depends on it. Just slow down. Relax. Everything is going to be A okay. Everyone is fine, they weren't charged. Guns will be returned, if not I'm sure they can afford to buy other guns even though I'm sure they have more. Don't worry. I'm glad that no one was hurt during this because it's not the end of the world. I'm willing to bet a portion of you keyboard warriors probably think a good outcome would've been them shooting some of these rioters. If that's you don't worry the world is full of plenty of narrow minded uneducated people without common sense. I was just on the highway getting cut off by someone just like you.

Back
Top Bottom