• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE: Police RAID house of gun-toting St. Louis lawyer couple and confiscate the AR-15

Ya did....you minimized the THOUSANDS in $$ of damage

When? Where? Please quote me.

Or is “not mentioning” the same as “minimizing”?

The mayors home is many blocks away and isnt in the private/gated community......you would have picked up on that if you had been reading....

Right. I acknowledged that.

But also acknowledged /pointed out that they chose that route because the police had blocked the main roads.

What are you f***ing talking about? Of course the cops wouldn't respond. Only a riot team would and even than they are out numbered. This is exactly why gun permits are increasing as CLEARLY out law enforcement aren't even suited to defend against this.

The police HOWEVER DID respond and confiscate ALL WEAPONS 'INVOLVED' and NO CHARGES were filed.

What more do you guys want? Do you want police to give high fives to these people? Lmao, not sure what world you guys are living in.
Why did the government seize personal property without the commission of a crime?
There was no reason to seize the guns.
If the homeowners were PP, then they would have been arrested for possession but they weren't.
It didn't happen in a AWB state so there was no question of legality unless you think there was a question that the AR was modified to fire auto - but the homeowners clearly could afford to simply purchase a registered gun so again no suspicion there either.

The police took the guns for political purpose - and by doing so violated the homeowners rights.

Firearms were seized without due process and all the nation knows they're unarmed. But no rights violated? You can't be serious.

You haven't seen any police stand down or refuse to respond a few hundred times around the nation in just the past month?

EDIT: I see you're new here. Welcome. Start by learning the parameters of Constitutional rights so you can recognize them being violated. That goes for being victim or perpetrator.
stlouissecurity.jpg

All I'm saying is you guys seem to really enjoy slamming away on your keyboard fabricating non sense like someone just took your candy bar or something and clicking the post reply button like your life depends on it. Just slow down. Relax. Everything is going to be A okay. Everyone is fine, they weren't charged. Guns will be returned, if not I'm sure they can afford to buy other guns even though I'm sure they have more. Don't worry. I'm glad that no one was hurt during this because it's not the end of the world. I'm willing to bet a portion of you keyboard warriors probably think a good outcome would've been them shooting some of these rioters. If that's you don't worry the world is full of plenty of narrow minded uneducated people without common sense. I was just on the highway getting cut off by someone just like you.
Nice ad hominem
No one here wanted the situation to go hot.
The police should never had let the situation get to the place where the mob felt it could get away with what was done.
Had the mob not acted like it did then none of this would have occurred - the mob is fully accountable for everything that occurred that day. The homeowners didn't go out looking for the mob

Why did the government seize personal property without the commission of a crime?
There was no reason to seize the guns.
If the homeowners were PP, then they would have been arrested for possession but they weren't.
It didn't happen in a AWB state so there was no question of legality unless you think there was a question that the AR was modified to fire auto - but the homeowners clearly could afford to simply purchase a registered gun so again no suspicion there either.

The police took the guns for political purpose - and by doing so violated the homeowners rights.

I literally found that after googling why do police seize guns after self defense

Read it a few times maybe you'll learn something

Nice ad hominem
No one here wanted the situation to go hot.
The police should never had let the situation get to the place where the mob felt it could get away with what was done.
Had the mob not acted like it did then none of this would have occurred - the mob is fully accountable for everything that occurred that day. The homeowners didn't go out looking for the mob

Again, I'm not sure what part of la la land you guys live in where you think any police department can prepare for a 300-500 person riot.....

Which is why I PERSONALLY (IN MY OPINION) believe ANYONE ABLE to possess a firearm should ABSOLUTELY follow through with the LEGAL procedures to do so. I don't care how much taxes I pay (and I promise you it's more than most of you guys) I'm sure as f***ing shit not trusting Officer Blart downtown to protect my ass in case of a riot. But I also am not going to blame Officer Blart for taking my gun away as I just brandished it in front of 500+ people.

I'm in no way shape or form agreeing with the mob. I totally see that as the root of the problem. I don't even know what would be the end result if the same situation happened to me, no one in this thread does.

You guys are shooting yourselves in your own foot and you don't even realize it.

The police acted under their normal procedure. They probably don't know what happened. We only know what happened from the news and hearing it from one side.

However, one fact is that a lot of people including some in this thread are fabricating that the government is intervening or political agendas are being pursued....nope...nope....and nope.

I'm not a lawyer, cop, or politician. I'm neutral in all aspects. No violence occurred, no charges made, normal procedure followed by police and than blown out of proportion by followers of the news.

Last edited:
I can unequivocably state that you're on the wrong side of this argument and Brewer is going to fact slap the shit out of you in the next couple posts unless the mods just give you a vacation to protect you from yourself
I'm not the most knowledgable and have nothing to prove by slapping anything out of anyone. Most of all I can remember being new to the murky world of gun law, and the extra-murky corner that is Massachusetts law. But I was never cocky and dismissive toward those who had been navigating it for decades.
All I'm saying is you guys seem to really enjoy slamming away on your keyboard fabricating non sense like someone just took your candy bar or something and clicking the post reply button like your life depends on it. Just slow down. Relax. Everything is going to be A okay. Everyone is fine, they weren't charged. Guns will be returned, if not I'm sure they can afford to buy other guns even though I'm sure they have more. Don't worry. I'm glad that no one was hurt during this because it's not the end of the world. I'm willing to bet a portion of you keyboard warriors probably think a good outcome would've been them shooting some of these rioters. If that's you don't worry the world is full of plenty of narrow minded uneducated people without common sense. I was just on the highway getting cut off by someone just like you.
Which seems more likely:
  1. that your youthful enthusiasm gives you a better understanding of this case than the combined centuries of legal experience by the members on this thread or
  2. or there are nuances to the McCloskey case you have too little experience to recognize?
A little humility goes a long way. I advise that for your own benefit. We're talking about lethal force, and you can't afford to goof around or speculate.

Well.

[popcorn]

This has gone in a sideways direction all of a sudden...

Yep. New guy in the house.

You need to spend a few more months here and you will either see the above post is a bunch of horseshit or be actively towing the thin blue line with Woodsy. It is called trolling for a reason...

I also am not going to blame Officer Blart for taking my gun away as I just brandished it in front of 500+ people.
normal procedure followed by police and than blown out of proportion by followers of the news.

Welcome to NES. Read more of this thread. Post less.

Brandishing is not a crime in MA., exhibiting seems to be in St. Louis, though they weren't charge with a crime. If the normal procedure in St Louis is to take away any/2ndA rights without charging a crime then something is very very wrong.

What are you f***ing talking about? Of course the cops wouldn't respond. Only a riot team would and even than they are out numbered. This is exactly why gun permits are increasing as CLEARLY out law enforcement aren't even suited to defend against this.

The police HOWEVER DID respond and confiscate ALL WEAPONS 'INVOLVED' and NO CHARGES were filed.

What more do you guys want? Do you want police to give high fives to these people? Lmao, not sure what world you guys are living in.

What world are YOU living in?

You are talking in circles.

The police were called at the time of the incident. THEY DID NOT RESPOND.

The police responded over a week later to obtain the weapons used by the McCloskey's.

What exactly is your point?

I'm willing to bet half, 1/2, .5, or 50% of the people posting in this thread probably think its normal to walk around a playground carrying AR-15's because it's "your right" lmao, you give actual gun owners and right activist such a bad look.

The irony here is just too much.

Please tell us more about how much you [don’t] support the 2nd Amendment.

DBFC5D5C-B365-4AA8-B76A-BBF505094AC5.jpeg

Talking in circles.

The purpose of macarry's posts are to keep you guys talking in circles and to ruin the thread. Youre helping him do exactly that when you play along with him. Ever notice whenever this happens its some guy with a couple dozen posts who joined a month ago?

Ignore him. Its like yall never been on the internet before.

...I don't care how much taxes I pay (and I promise you it's more than most of you guys)
[rofl]
Oh man, you’re so arrogant and pompous. Not confident, just arrogant and pompous. I’m sure I’ll get a warning from mods for a personal attack. But really? Are you seriously that full of yourself? Or do you just think that most gun owners are lowly serfs?

Again, I'm not sure what part of la la land you guys live in where you think any police department can prepare for a 300-500 person riot.....
I'm sure as f***ing shit not trusting Officer Blart downtown to protect my ass in case of a riot.
But I also am not going to blame Officer Blart for taking my gun away as I just brandished it in front of 500+ people.

5A028577-74A3-4B2A-8937-9FA6B5637C1B.jpeg
19D9FC00-0216-43AF-9F01-E793B2583A90.jpeg

If the threat of the mob were so dire, why did the homeowners not fire on the intruders until the threat was over?

Because their actions were effective in stopping it from it ever having to get to that point. Can you honestly not comprehend that just because you didn’t in fact have to shoot someone doesn’t mean there was never an actual threat? This isn’t a difficult concept.

Finally, someone gets it.

The purpose of macarry's posts are to keep you guys talking in circles and to ruin the thread. Youre helping him do exactly that when you play along with him. Ever notice whenever this happens its some guy with a couple dozen posts who joined a month ago?

Ignore him. Its like yall never been on the internet before.

Sometimes it's just fun to help let the newbs prove how much of a fool they are. [laugh]

I don't understand why this story gets you guys all antsy in your panties. This is the 3rd thread on this topic that has gone straight down c-sucking faggoty hole.

What the f*** are you talking about dude

Seriously, I think it's time to step away from the keyboard, take a few deep breaths, and than maybe get some fresh air outside.
You suggested that if someone engages in lawful defense with no shots fired, that it is reasonable for the police to seize the gun to go on a fishing expedition to make sure it is not an illegal weapon, even in the absence of any suggestion as to such.

I simply asked about another case where the police would conduct a fishing expedition on a gun where there was nothing to suggest said gun was used in a crime.

The concept is the same; the specifics are different.

Why would they need the firearm as evidence? It wasn't fired.

This is pure intimidation and should be a federal suit for conspiracy against civil rights.
I wonder if he (McCloskey) still votes Dem after his house is looted and burned and his wife is violated...

Last edited:
After you tell them to leave, if they don't do so immediately they are trespassing at that point.

In the case of a condo association or gated community (I believe they have very similar legal structures) who has the right/ability to tell a non-member in common space to leave, and under what circumstances?

I can certainly imagine condo associations that are one thin hair from "commune" (e.g. cohousing) where explicitly *anyone* can tell any non-member to leave at any time; but most condo associations are not like that.

For instance: If I don't like the sound made by some people in the hall, I can't make them trespassers subject to arrest by asking him to leave without first finding out if they're my neighbor's friends. My neighbor has rights to have guests that supersede some of my rights. By extension, I can't just have someone arrested because I don't like them if they're in shared space.

I'm not arguing that the BLM crowd was anyone's guest, this is a hypothetical situation to illustrate the difference between shared and private space in a condo association or gated community.

And once again you're minimizing/making excuses for the rioters destroying private propery "cuz" they were heading to the mayors house on a different street

Where do any of you get the idea I said ANYTHING about destroying property?

Seriously, where did that come from?

Please quote me.

Back
Top Bottom