• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE POST 39 Help!! I'm Jonesin' for P238

yanici

NES Member
I've got a curse. I'm Jonesin' for a Sig P238 and with the Sig deal of sending two extra mags if I buy now I'm in a dither. In reality what can this gun do that my Shield 9MM and S&W 642 airweight revolver can't do? I don't need it but it's just so cute and even though the trigger isn't great I just love the way it shoots.

Talk me out of it. Please!!

Last edited:
Buy it. I haven't regrets having this little gun. IMO, I like it more than a glock 42.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

i like mine a lot. i got the extended mag and a set of overmolded hogue grips and it is super comfy in the hand now. in my experience, it has no ammo issues other than magtech, but every other no-name brand and name brand works great.

Buy it its awesome...and if you can get the sport edition. .and the trigger isnt that bad. I dont know if I got lucky and got a none ma p238 but the trigger is awesome.

I love all my 9mm but when I go to the range I love shooting my p238 over my 938. I dont know why I just prefer my 380. But I like the 9mm cartridge better...weird...

Maybe best if I find a hypnotist to exorcize this infatuation for aP238 out of my head.

Can't speak for what you'll get in MA, but the free-state version is really nice. Little tiny 1911. Basically zero complaints with the sport version out of the box.

You have to learn a new manual of arms. With the other two guns, just aim and pull the trigger (assuming you leave your Shield off safe). With the 938, remember cocked and locked and @5,000 reps presenting the pistol to get the manual of arms integrated so that it becomes natural.

You have to learn a new manual of arms. With the other two guns, just aim and pull the trigger (assuming you leave your Shield off safe). With the 938, remember cocked and locked and @5,000 reps presenting the pistol to get the manual of arms integrated so that it becomes natural.

But it's a pretty common motion, yea? Not like it's the first of its kind...

Goodness gracious, just buy it! I bought the Equinox about two months ago and I. LOVE. IT. You're right, it's little, it's cute, and it shoots beautifully. Conceals very easily, too. Just get it, already!

Goodness gracious, just buy it! I bought the Equinox about two months ago and I. LOVE. IT. You're right, it's little, it's cute, and it shoots beautifully. Conceals very easily, too. Just get it, already!

Haven't heard that in a while, reminds me of my grandparents. Thanks for the flashback.

OP. Buy the 938 or better yet, stop being a baby, and get an XDs in 45 ACP.

The p938 is just a tad bigger than the p238, it doesn't jump much more and the ammo is cheaper. That being said they are both sweet shooters. Might as well get them both!

I was holding a 938 in Collectors Stoneham yesterday. If my wife said just buy it already I would've been at the range today shooting my new Sig. Unfortunately I need to replenish the bank account before I can. Just do it Yannci!

I like my shield. It is an awesome little 9mm and i find it very easy to shoot.
the P938 is also beautiful....if i needed another single stack 9mm it would undoubtedly be the P938.
the P938 and shield are so different i really wouldnt compare them.
only thing they have in common is the 9mm chambering.

I'm just surprised that this thread made 3 pages without much .380 bashing! I guess maybe because we are discussing a Sig it makes all the difference.[smile]
All that aside, while I personally have no issues with .380 other than the cost, I personally would go with the p938 since it is almost identical in every way, but chambered in 9mm which is obviously a better overall defensive cartridge, and way cheaper to actually practice with.

I like my shield. It is an awesome little 9mm and i find it very easy to shoot.
the P938 is also beautiful....if i needed another single stack 9mm it would undoubtedly be the P938.
the P938 and shield are so different i really wouldnt compare them.
only thing they have in common is the 9mm chambering.

Lots of people bought Pinto's too...

Just messing with you, not a fan of S&W unless it's a revolver.

Back
Top Bottom