• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Updated: Is it Possible to Re-apply for LTC in another city MA?

not true actually I don’t think. You have to apply for a resident LTC through the PD of the town in which you reside
I should have been more clear
You get denied
You can apply the next day (you will get another denial)
You apply in a random city (you will get a denial)
You can apply 1000 times (you will get denied 1000 times)

General advice:

1) Talk to a lawyer

2) If you don't want to talk to a lawyer, here's my best advice

Answer it truthfully, yes you appeared in court as a defendant for a criminal offense.
For Circumstances and Location simply put Date, Arraignment Codes, Court House, and Date of Dismissal/Judgement and attach the court docket showing such disposition if you have one.
Don't go off into detail telling "your side of the story". They can search and find what they need.

The answer to this is yes
You can apply
You can apply 1000 times
You can apply in cities you have never been to
You will just get denied over and over. You need to have an attorney look into what happened and write your application and explanation for your arrest
Thank you. This is what I was looking for.

General advice:

1) Talk to a lawyer

Answer it truthfully, yes you appeared in court as a defendant for a criminal offense.
For Circumstances and Location simply put Date, Arraignment Codes, Court House, and Date of Dismissal/Judgement and attach the court docket showing such disposition if you have one.
Don't go off into detail telling "your side of the story". They can search and find what they need.
Thank you. Definitely I am going to retain an attorney. Thanks again for the advise.

Were you arrested? "no" = lied.

It is pretty clear.
The application is signed under the pains and penalties of perjury. OP failed when he checked the no box.
There’s no mis-remembering or forgetting details. You were filling out the application at home with zero pressure or rush.

Denied is pretty clearly the direct result of the applicants lack of honesty. It’s that simple. No mind bending exercises needed.

My question was: If my LTC declined in town (x) can I reapply in another town (y)? Before I get the decline letter from city x, I moved to city (y). Again, I know I did a mistake, but when I am going to reapply, I will answer “yes” and provide all the supported documents.
You will have to tell them you got denied, there is no way around it. You cant say "no" because you are playing stupid and applied before getting the letter.

You have to stop trying to think how to get around it and speak with an attorney.

Why is this so hard to understand?

UPDATE:
I appreciate everyone's comments, suggestions and supports. After a thorough review, I've come to realize that I'm facing a significant issue due to unintentional misinformation in my application. The feedback and insights have made it clear that my eligibility for the LTC is compromised due to this error. Consequently, I have chosen NOT to pursue the appeal or submit a new application, as the likelihood of approval is minimal, and legal representation doesn't guarantee success. I am currently residing temporarily in Massachusetts and plan to return to Colorado in two years, where I can renew my CCW. Thank you once again for your valuable advice and suggestions.

My application for a License to Carry (LTC) was rejected by the police department due to inaccuracies in my application. I want to clarify that I did not intentionally provide false information. Two years ago, I was arrested in Denver, but the District Attorney chose not to pursue charges, leading to a "No File" outcome. I did not appear in court as a result.
Now, I understand I have a 90-day window to appeal the decision. However, I have since relocated to a different city (Dedham). My question is whether I should proceed with the appeal or if it would be more appropriate to submit a new application in my current city?
I feel for you. They reworded the questions.

They won’t let you get a copy of your criminal history report. You act like run a background check on yourself or something.

an accuracy could be anything.. since only happened a couple years ago you should’ve just disclosed it regardless.

Either way appeal it I got you did it on purpose right? I’m trying rubber shit from 25 years ago. That never went anywhere.

That is correct. It is super easy to get CCW. Also, you don't need a permit to buy a firearm in CO; however, you have to go over background check (4473 form) when you are purchasing a firearm. Meanwhile, I am so so sorry for the people of MA that they have to go over all this hassles and obstacles to get their LTC (2A) right.

Last edited:
General advice:

1) Talk to a lawyer

For Circumstances and Location simply put Date, Arraignment Codes, Court House, and Date of Dismissal/Judgement and attach a certified copy of the court docket showing such disposition if you have one.
FIFY

You will have to tell them you got denied, there is no way around it. You cant say "no" because you are playing stupid and applied before getting the letter.

You have to stop trying to think how to get around it and speak with an attorney.

Why is this so hard to understand?
So anyways to get around you think i should get a flop house in a third town and apply there?

Well one thing I've learned from NES is that you are either correct or a liar. No room for mistakes here. Pack up your shit and move on.

Here's another scenario I deal with all the time. Mary Smith is 80 years old. She is selling her house. Her agent has her fill out a propertty information disclosure. On the disclosure she writes that there are no problems with the roof. My buyers get an accepted offer. They have an inspection. The inspector finds a sectioin of the roof with missing shingles. The buyers are livid. "She lied to us. Nobody lives in a house and doesn't know that they have missing shingles on their roof." NES would agree she's a f***ing liar.

3 things here - 1st, dont' fill out that property disclosure unless you are required to by law. 2nd, not all mistakes or inaccuracies are lies. 3rd, it amazes me how easily and nonchalantly gun owners can begin to act like the anti gunners they supposedly abhor.

Well one thing I've learned from NES is that you are either correct or a liar. No room for mistakes here. Pack up your shit and move on.

Here's another scenario I deal with all the time. Mary Smith is 80 years old. She is selling her house. Her agent has her fill out a propertty information disclosure. On the disclosure she writes that there are no problems with the roof. My buyers get an accepted offer. They have an inspection. The inspector finds a sectioin of the roof with missing shingles. The buyers are livid. "She lied to us. Nobody lives in a house and doesn't know that they have missing shingles on their roof." NES would agree she's a f***ing liar.

3 things here - 1st, dont' fill out that property disclosure unless you are required to by law. 2nd, not all mistakes or inaccuracies are lies. 3rd, it amazes me how easily and nonchalantly gun owners can begin to act like the anti gunners they supposedly abhor.
Absolutely right. I agree with you. I am glad that we don’t have those kind of people in the senate because we would get worst than what they are about going to pass. Criticizing is easy, finding a solution is not. To be honest with you I gave up on my LTC and I don’t think if I am going to appeal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom