• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPS a little screwy

Shipped with UPS

Tuesday, June 23

5:47 AM

Out for delivery

Chelmsford, MA US

Monday, June 22

11:30 AM

Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster

Chelmsford, MA US

3:06 AM

Package arrived at a carrier facility

Chelmsford, MA US

2:36 AM

Package has left the carrier facility

Nashua, NH US

Sunday, June 21

7:59 PM

Nashua, NH US

5:07 PM

Chelmsford, MA US

4:47 PM

Chelmsford, MA US

Wednesday, June 17

2:31 AM

Ontario, CA US

12:47 AM

Ontario, CA US

Tuesday, June 16

Package has shipped

I know the feeling. I have a package that is in the UPS West Springfield terminal for almost a week now and they can't give me a reliable delivery date. The terminal is just a few miles away from me. This is an Amazon package, tires for my old Wedge car....Update. Ups truck stops at house to make a delivery. It was for my wife.I ask the driver if he is from the West Springfield terminal. He says YA. I say nothing as he is only the driver. He also talked about the 60 70 hour thing. This guy was baked...Update. Ups says packages are lost. Amazon says they will refund. I say OK. I order tires from a local dealer. One hour later, the tires arrive from Amazon. I call dealer and cancel. They ask why.
I tell dealer the story. They laughed.. I didn't.

Last edited:
Had that happen to me with a delivery for last Friday. Got it last night. Asked the driver "WTF dude??". Turns out they were on 70 hour weeks until Friday morning where they were told that was just changed to 60 for that week. So many drivers were either at their limit or damn close to it.

So the part about it being something outside of their control is complete BS. Corporate decided to do this for some crazy reason. I'm sure I'm not the only one that plans projects around when things are set to arrive.

[horse]

i see good here. 150 years ago this trip would have taken 7 months but even with a couple of hiccups this still only took 6 days. we're livin' in the golden age of travel.

✅ my vote for a ups/fedex/usps megathread PLEEEZE!!

I think that a part of this may be the projected delivery times being used instead of showing the delays. The computer is not as smart as people imagine sometime.

I’ve been having the same problem. Last two UPS deliveries I’ve had have gotten stuck at the distribution center (I’m not sure the name, but it’s the center that loads it for delivery) the last package I ordered the tracking said “package delayed due to an emergency or severe weather” and pushed back the delivery date. Not sure what that’s about.

I know the feeling. I have a package that is in the UPS West Springfield terminal for almost a week now and they can't give me a reliable delivery date. The terminal is just a few miles away from me. This is an Amazon package....

This happened to me a week and a half ago. Call UPS and tell them you want to do a package intercept. I did this, it took about 24 hours and the distribution center had my package ready for me to pick up.

I have a truck tool box that UPS was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday, out for delivery, not delivered, Thursday morning, out for delivery, not delivered. Friday, out for delivery, middle of the day claim it will be delayed a day, Saturday out for delivery, not delivered, Monday never left the UPS depot, no update, today, no update. Tried calling UPS yesterday, can't talk to a person about a package thats late, and until its a week late, the shipper can't do a single thing...this isn't the first time this has happened and it's happened before all the covid crap, I'm 15 minutes from a major hub and this is what you get...UPS is a joke...FedEx has been 100% reliable for as long as I can remember, I wish more folks would ship FedEx, if there is a cost premium the issue avoidance would more than pay for it...

Every week is like Christmas week due to the coronavirus. The entire UPS system is overloaded. A week ago my UPS driver told me UPS had a backlog mountain of 250,000 packages in Hartford.

Every week is like Christmas week due to the coronavirus. The entire UPS system is overloaded. A week ago my UPS driver told me UPS had a backlog mountain of 250,000 packages in Hartford.

yup, and thats about 100 53 ft. trailers still waiting to get unloaded. and as they sit, more come in every day, and the pile just gets bigger. This is what happens when the populace is stuck at home and ordering everyday shit online....

yup, and thats about 100 53 ft. trailers still waiting to get unloaded. and as they sit, more come in every day, and the pile just gets bigger. This is what happens when the populace is stuck at home and ordering everyday shit online....
Same with Fed ex ground- the average length of employment of the people that off load the line haul trucks seems to be 2 days

I have a truck tool box that UPS was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday, out for delivery, not delivered, Thursday morning, out for delivery, not delivered. Friday, out for delivery, middle of the day claim it will be delayed a day, Saturday out for delivery, not delivered, Monday never left the UPS depot, no update, today, no update. Tried calling UPS yesterday, can't talk to a person about a package thats late, and until its a week late, the shipper can't do a single thing...this isn't the first time this has happened and it's happened before all the covid crap, I'm 15 minutes from a major hub and this is what you get...UPS is a joke...FedEx has been 100% reliable for as long as I can remember, I wish more folks would ship FedEx, if there is a cost premium the issue avoidance would more than pay for it...
FedEx sucks and the drivers that work there only do so because they could not meet the standards of UPS men.

The reason your FedEx heroes seem to be better is because no one uses them, so they are less busy.

Thanks

I havent had any packages bounce around, but I have had two in the past week that went out for delivery, but never came. They then showed up late the following day, like almost 9PM. Usually no big deal, but one of them was a delivery of screws that I needed, so I had to go out and buy a smaller amount to get me through those two days. Didnt mean to cut it that close.

I’ve been having the same problem. Last two UPS deliveries I’ve had have gotten stuck at the distribution center (I’m not sure the name, but it’s the center that loads it for delivery) the last package I ordered the tracking said “package delayed due to an emergency or severe weather” and pushed back the delivery date. Not sure what that’s about.

This happened to me a week and a half ago. Call UPS and tell them you want to do a package intercept. I did this, it took about 24 hours and the distribution center had my package ready for me to pick up.

It's bullshit, that's what that's all about.

I shipped out a package going to NHTI in Concord. It was supposed to be delivered 06/22/20. Well, they decided to deliver it on Saturday (did not pay for Saturday delivery). At 10:01pm on Saturday, it was marked with the exception "Emergency or sever weather". Yeah, I don't think so. How about the damn place was closed at 10:01pm on a Saturday. Just mark it correctly, you stupid fools.

So it's not just me. Ordered a handgun magazine and XGrip spacer from MidwayUSA on a Friday the 5th. Shipped over that weekend (Saturday?). This is one of those deals where they hand it off to USPS for final delivery. Wednesday the 10th it was at UPS, and then all tracking stopped. It was supposed to be delivered on the 12th (Friday). contacted Midway Monday the 15th. Nothing they could do until the 17th (Weds last week). They re-shipped me a new magazine, with a (bad) UPS tracking number that says it was already delivered back in April (wtf??). The original package showed up Friday the 19th. What am I to do now they're already sent the replacement. I do the nice guy thing and say what the Hell instead of returning it, I'll just buy the second one, too. Of course it's now lost, and without a valid tracking number I won't know where it is until it shows up.

USPS is still shit... Placed an order with Amazon on 6/15. Item shipped on 7/17... Progressed as follows. Notice the comments?? WTF USPS?? Full of FAIL as usual.

1592934944028.png

IMO, it would have been 1000000X better to simply leave USPS out of this entire shitshow. Since tracking info from USPS is the absolute worst of any shipper in existence (that I've encountered).

The order is calling for delivery on the 29th. I'll believe it when it gets here. Judging by past deliveries, they'll say they attempted delivery (when they didn't even put it on a vehicle that day) and it will show up sometime over the following 1-8 days. F USPS and the pony it came into town on.

FedEx sucks and the drivers that work there only do so because they could not meet the standards of UPS men.

The reason your FedEx heroes seem to be better is because no one uses them, so they are less busy.

Thanks

Thats debatable, I have a package arrive today that was shipped saturday via UPS, its smaller, and the driver didnt have to make an effort to deliver it so I acutally got it on time, rule of thumb with UPS (near me at least), if it weighs more than 40lbs they will 'forget' to deliver it for a few days and will even deliver lighter items that according to tracking are on the same truck, if they hold themselves to such a high standard, then they would deliver all the packages and not just the light ones...

It's bullshit, that's what that's all about.

I shipped out a package going to NHTI in Concord. It was supposed to be delivered 06/22/20. Well, they decided to deliver it on Saturday (did not pay for Saturday delivery). At 10:01pm on Saturday, it was marked with the exception "Emergency or sever weather". Yeah, I don't think so. How about the damn place was closed at 10:01pm on a Saturday. Just mark it correctly, you stupid fools.

I wish mine would come early, my UPS drivers frequently decide not to deliver packages based on weight and/or size often leaving me to pick them up if i want them...

I ordered a package just yesterday.

The UPS driver dropped it off 10 minutes ago.

Man, that was sooooo slow. [/SARCASM]

You guys actually watch package tracking? Unless its a gun or something over $1000, I don't even bother looking at it unless it's like, 3 days overdue or something, or I paid extra shipping to make it come faster.

Otherwise 99 out of 100 times, as willy the janitor would say...

"It's doin what its doin, it's on its way!" [rofl]

You guys actually watch package tracking? Unless its a gun or something over $1000, I don't even bother looking at it unless it's like, 3 days overdue or something, or I paid extra shipping to make it come faster.

Otherwise 99 out of 100 times, as willy the janitor would say...

"It's doin what its doin, it's on its way!" [rofl]
All of my packages are signature required. But I have a good relationship with all of my drivers except the FedEx ground contractor.

Back
Top Bottom