• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPS a little screwy

it was marked with the exception "Emergency or sever weather". Yeah, I don't think so. How about the damn place was closed at 10:01pm on a Saturday. Just mark it correctly, you stupid fools.

RIGHT!! I probably wouldnt mind if they put the honest answer. It should just say they were unable to deliver on time. Otherwise you have no idea what's going on, whether its been lost ect. Very frustrating.

RIGHT!! I probably wouldnt mind if they put the honest answer. It should just say they were unable to deliver on time. Otherwise you have no idea what's going on, whether its been lost ect. Very frustrating.
Except when that happens you can convince Amazon that the package is lost, and they send you another one for free. Now I have two angle grinders, and I didn't even need the first one [rofl]

Same with Fed ex ground- the average length of employment of the people that off load the line haul trucks seems to be 2 days

The employee pool is nearing the bottom of the barrel in regards to quality human beings. UPS was hiring parolees with "Ankle Bracelets" the last year I was there......

I just had a UPS package marked “we’ve incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay.” At least they were honest about the delay.

Exactly. Be honest. Otherwise, it just pisses people off.

USPS is still shit... Placed an order with Amazon on 6/15. Item shipped on 7/17... Progressed as follows. Notice the comments?? WTF USPS?? Full of FAIL as usual.

View attachment 367507

IMO, it would have been 1000000X better to simply leave USPS out of this entire shitshow. Since tracking info from USPS is the absolute worst of any shipper in existence (that I've encountered).

The order is calling for delivery on the 29th. I'll believe it when it gets here. Judging by past deliveries, they'll say they attempted delivery (when they didn't even put it on a vehicle that day) and it will show up sometime over the following 1-8 days. F USPS and the pony it came into town on.

Too bad you can't read. The tracking info states that the item is still in the hands of Amazon and the USPS has yet to receive it. Your anger is misdirected.

Except when that happens you can convince Amazon that the package is lost, and they send you another one for free. Now I have two angle grinders, and I didn't even need the first one [rofl]
Amazon has a secret score for each customer and dings youi for returns and this sort of thing. Exceed an unpublished threshold and you are banned for life as a customer..

I don't know if I would say they suck necessarily

That's because one large heavy bulk item may take up the space of 20 small stops. There's only so much space on a package car and a supervisor has to decide whether he's going to piss off one customer or twenty.

Totally get that, but to that point, how many days are they going to hold a package hostage before they have to do something about it?

The other sneaky thing Amazon does is push back the "call us for a refund date" each time UPS fails to deliver. I'm on the other side of the state but it appears to be happening by the cape too.

When they can fit it in. Trust me it's not productive to store bulk items in the buildings they want to get it out of there ASAP. Volume is going down to normal summer levels gradually and some of these problems will cease.

Personally for me at this point, on my most recent one, today is 7 days, the package they delivered to me yesterday, they didnt even get out of the truck to deliver, it was a best effort toss by the passenger, I'm just going to do down and try to lobby to take delivery off their hands...

The other sneaky thing Amazon does is push back the "call us for a refund date" each time UPS fails to deliver. I'm on the other side of the state but it appears to be happening by the cape too.

Yeah, with Amazon, you can push them and they will make 'an exception' I've done that in the past a few times

So I send an IP camera to ACTI US in Irvine, CA for repair. They agree to fix it for $80, which is also the "estimate only" price, so I am getting their usual service. This is a nicer unit than the $50 Amazon specials. I like therir style - the banner they on their site reads - "Non-Chinese Cameras - SoC from Japan, Taiwan and the US".

Whoopee!!! They have fixed it and reported replacing the power supply board on the unit and shipping it to me.

But what I can't figure out is how they created the shipping label tomorrow when the package shipped today.

In Transit08/11/2020 8:55 P.M.Taoyuan, TaiwanArrived at Facility
08/11/2020 8:40 P.M.Taipei, TaiwanDeparted from Facility
08/11/2020 7:33 P.M.Taipei, TaiwanOrigin Scan
Past EventShipped08/11/2020 7:09 P.M.Taipei, TaiwanPickup Scan
Past EventLabel Created08/12/2020 2:06 A.M.TaiwanOrder Processed: Ready for UPS

But what I can't figure out is how they created the shipping label tomorrow when the package shipped today.
Label creation is their time zone. Shifted to destination time zone after that because why would you care what time it's going to be delivered in Taiwan time?

A friend on FB purchased a new item, and received a notice: "We're sorry, but due to circumstances beyond our control, your purchase will not ship on 8/12. It will ship on 8/11, with an expected arrival of..."

Nice that they sent an update that lets him know to expect it earlier, but it's odd automated language.

Label creation is their time zone. Shifted to destination time zone after that because why would you care what time it's going to be delivered in Taiwan time?
Could make sense. I'm also puzzled that a repair costing $80 rates the US branch shipping the unit to Taiwan. At manufacturing cost, it might have been cheaper to send me a new one than to send it back home for repair. Interesting company - nice people, all surnames appear to be Asian.

I had to return a box of defective pink flamingos to Amazon the other day and went to UPS.

Only to find the door locked.

The walk-in lobby is open Mon - Fri.

From 4pm to 5pm.
CVS is now a UPS dropoff location, and Walgreens does Fedex. The package gets scanned when you drop it off and gets into package tracking immediately.

I don't know how they will pull it off, but UPS claims my package is now in Taoyuan but it will make it to the US, clear customs, and get to me by 12:30PM tomorrow.

My first 6mo order of food is supposed to be hitting Leominster tomorrow - I want to pick it up so I set it for hold at UPS. The phone is useless, the app is screwy but think I got it done. It looks like one is showing ‘Delivery Exception’ because it doesn’t appear to have left VA with the other 3 boxes.

All four are 60lbs each - no need to make the driver hump those. No idea how pickup will go.

Unbelievable - Video cam from Taiwan on Tuesday at my house on Thursday via Alaska. I know this is the same unit I sent it for my repair, as it still have my IP address label sticker on it and the same grunge I sent it with. All for $80 including shipping from CA->Taiwan->Me.

UPS Leominster told me some story about needing me to pick it up between 8 & 8:30 at night? WTF. I’m going to try and pick it up on Tuesday AM after my son and I get the truck serviced. I’ll explain to them I could change it back to deliver to me and they get to hump 240lbs or I can take them off their hands.

UPS Leominster told me some story about needing me to pick it up between 8 & 8:30 at night? WTF. I’m going to try and pick it up on Tuesday AM after my son and I get the truck serviced. I’ll explain to them I could change it back to deliver to me and they get to hump 240lbs or I can take them off their hands.

Screw that. Just have them hump it to your door. That's what they get paid to do.

I don't know how they will pull it off, but UPS claims my package is now in Taoyuan but it will make it to the US, clear customs, and get to me by 12:30PM tomorrow.
It's China.

They dig a hole in their backyard and drop the package;
you dig a hole in your backyard and catch the package.

At least that's what I heard happens if you dig a really deep hole...

Unbelievable - Video cam from Taiwan on Tuesday at my house on Thursday via Alaska. I know this is the same unit I sent it for my repair, as it still have my IP address label sticker on it and the same grunge I sent it with. All for $80 including shipping from CA->Taiwan->Me.
Is the camera firmware checksum the same?

I know it's RoC not PRC,
but I read Threat Vector over vacation,
and you never know what some agent
is going to give you as a Bonus Upgrade.

So, jus' askin'...

Back
Top Bottom