UPS delivery

Well if you order from Brownells or Midway it is most likely gun stuff.
That's what bothers me about ordering gun stuff online - all it takes is a couple of crooks at UPS and your house is marked for burglary.

The house of a known avid gun owner and enthusiast.... who is probably not only very armed but also trained in his arms.... is the first guy the UPS delivery man will try to rob during his side profession as a home burglar? You watch too much TV :D If i'm a UPS man and I'm delivering packages, and I see mossberg parts, ruger parts, gun scopes. That's the last damn house i'm going to with bad intent lol. More like the old lady ordering gold jewlery from QVC.

My UPS guy doesn't pay any attention to what's on the boxes. He just wants to get stuff delivered and get done. The only time he was ever interested was when I ordered a box of 2000 bullets, and as you probably know, that's like picking up a slab of lead. In fact, it IS picking up a slab of lead. He couldn't believe how heavy that little box was, so I told him what was in there. He just said he was glad he didn't have a truck full of those.

Over the years I've had 2 UPS drivers who were cool dudes. One commented ~2000 that he didn't know exactly what was in the long boxes he was delivering to me (my C&R kick) but if the SHTF he knew where to come!

After both of them retired I never see a UPS delivery person, they drop and run. The few signature required deliveries I've had I can't say that he was the same person each time.

I don't want to discuss FedEx, they are disgusting and can never follow instructions. I cringe every time a vendor or customer tells me that they will use FedEx to send me something.

My daughter works several towns away from where I live. The UPS driver said "hey, is your dad xyz and does he live at this address?" She said "umm, yeah, why." He said I have a package for him if you want it. So she brought my package home.

Our UPS driver is chatty. "Yeah, I just dropped off a widget for first name, last name, address he gets a lot of that stuff." He is a nice guy and just making conversation. Some people could care less. I am just in the habit these days of trying to deny any data gathering. Does it matter if people know what type of coffee I drink? I have nothing to hide and really dgaf other than it's kind of creepy. I think a lot of the things we see in futuristic movies will soon be prevalent. Facial recognition, purchase history, personal preferences, targeted advertisements. I know we already have all of that now but it will get much more "helpful".

Our previous UPS guy seemed to have us figured out. When he wasn't in a hurry he'd talk about economic collapse and his plan to retire to Costa Rica.
Now we seem to get a lot of different guys so none of the new ones probably notice anything.

Needless to say I don't order anything from Walmart and use their new program to use local employees to drop off your package on their way home. ;)

A few years back, I received a shipment of ammo via truck freight, at my house.

As the driver rolled the pallet of shotgun ammo up my driveway (Not for personal use, it was for the Club's Junior Trap Team [laugh]) he said, "Getting ready for the zombie apocalypse?"

"No, that would be rifle ammo, this is for kids to use."

The thing (Other than the Rifleman, and the Outdoor Message) that tipped off the USPS guy was like this: He pulls up, and since I was out front, I walked to the truck, to save him a step. "I want an autograph from the famous kid," he says.

That's how I found out that my son, holding his shottie, was on the front cover of the Worcester County League of Sportsmen's Clubs' monthly magazine [laugh]. So much for OpSec.

Last edited:
if the ups guy on your route has time to stop and chat, he has a sweet route and will be there for life. better embrace the guy, you're gonna be dealing with him for a long time.

Married FedEx worker charged with rape and murder of Google exec killed while out jogging

JOGGER MURDER RAP
Married FedEx worker charged with rape and murder of Google exec killed while out jogging

Angelo Colon-Ortiz, 31, is accused of killing Vanessa Marcotte, 27, who was found dead with her hands, feet and head burned close to her mum's home in Princeton, America in August 2016.

not funny, but I'll say chaps, I live in Framingham, America. How are you guys in Harvard, America doing?

They don't keep a list. They just pay attention. Do a delivery job for a few years and you end up knowing far too much about people on your route. I've been with the usps for just over two years, I've seen a dozen people naked, drug deals, all kinds of illegal crap, weird families, people that routinely get suspicious packages, and gun stuff. I just want to deliver the mail and go home.

But yeah, if you get anything out of the ordinary, that's how they know you by.

You should hear what we say about the nun that gets stuff from adult leather shop delivered once a month.

is she hot? Any pics? lmao

if the ups guy on your route has time to stop and chat, he has a sweet route and will be there for life. better embrace the guy, you're gonna be dealing with him for a long time.

They might have time for a very short conversation but their trucks are on a computer that records everything they do, including GPS location, how much total time they spend at every stop, how far the truck travels in forward and reverse, how long it is stopped for, when the seatbelt buckles and unbuckles etc. They are hustling most of the time.

My UPS driver told me all about it a while ago while dropping off a multi package order to me.....needless to say he was talking as he was carrying packages.

The two (now retired) UPS guys I had didn't stay long but were pleasant and rang the bell so I knew a package was out there if I was too slow to get to the door. I knew their first names, they were cool dudes. Now the current guys "hit and run" and I never see who they are.

My UPS driver told me all about it a while ago while dropping off a multi package order to me.....
i just hear the thud of a package hitting the steps and the truck starting and roaring away, no chat time here. [angry]

not funny, but I'll say chaps, I live in Framingham, America. How are you guys in Harvard, America doing?
Anyone who claims they don't do the same thing when referring to locations in other countries is a liar. "Toronto, Canada"

I got a new battery for my laptop by UPS today and was required to sign for it. As I sign, the UPS guy comments: "So you got a battery today, usually you get a lot of gun stuff, right?".

I was floored. How did the UPS driver know that I sometimes receive gun parts, optics, other gun related stuff, hunting gear etc.? It's not like it's written on the boxes (unlike the battery which has external declarations due to the lithium battery).

Anyone experience anything similar? Does the UPS keep a list of "gun" customers?
pretty sure the carrier delivery guys know whats in the boxes.
recently FedEx guy asked me what's up. "I noticed your not getting any "long" boxes lately" went on to ask if I got dui or something.

I tried ups’ing (ground) the browning 16ga barrel to Briley’s in Texas. Staples wouldn’t take it - hazmat!! WTF. Shotgun Barrel??

Stupid clerk wouldn’t change the description to ‘barrel’ just to test it - I have to go to Leominster to send it now.

I need to insure it as the gun is 40 years old Belgium made - no way to get a barrel cheap, so I’m going for $500 so I can have a hope of finding another, or putting a dent in a new gun price.

Sentimental value as my FiL gave it to my son.

Went to the PAK Store in Fitchburg, no issue, no hazmat - easy.

Last edited:
I tried ups’ing (ground) the browning 16ga barrel to Briley’s in Texas. Staples wouldn’t take it - hazmat!! WTF. Shotgun Barrel??

Stupid clerk wouldn’t change the description to ‘barrel’ just to test it - I have to go to Leominster to send it now.

I need to insure it as the gun is 40 years old Belgium made - no way to get a barrel cheap, so I’m going for $500 so I can have a hope of finding another, or putting a dent in a new gun price.

Sentimental value as my FiL gave it to my son.

Went to the PAK Store in Fitchburg, no issue, no hazmat - easy.

What the shit? How do you apply hazmat to a f***ing hunk of steel? JFC!

Back
Top Bottom