US Senators Are Being Issued Satellite Phones in Preparation for a 'Disruptive Event'

NHCraigT

NES Member

Last edited:
Doesn't seem that outrageous if it's just normal contingency planning. The actual article doesn't make it sound like there's a specific event in mind, though the title does.

Great,
Idk what bothers me more, the fact that they are being given the phones now or the fact that apparently up until now there was no contingency plan. Good grief
you know what’s going to bother you even more? In about a week every senator will realize that every member of their staff and extended families will also need these taxpayer-paid phones once they realize that they won’t be able to communicate with them when whatever sh*t they have planned happens.

Idk what bothers me more, the fact that they are being given the phones now or the fact that apparently up until now there was no contingency plan. Good grief

The fact that they're being given the phones bothers me more.

Why would you be concerned about there not being a contingency plan to continue such a corrupt government?

I hope they're all incinerated in a nuclear explosion......it would be the best thing that has happened to this country in 250 years.

Great,

you know what’s going to bother you even more? In about a week every senator will realize that every member of their staff and extended families will also need these taxpayer-paid phones once they realize that they won’t be able to communicate with them when whatever sh*t they have planned happens.
EXACTLY!!!

Do they think China hasn't already figured out how to cripple satellite telephone systems?

Why do they think "Space Force" was created?

If there was some kind of national emergency, why would anyone ever want to contact a senator.
In a real national emergency, you wouldn't be able to contact any senator, they'd all be locked away in some well stocked, comfortable underground bunker.

I have a set of decent walkie-talkies that i keep charged and in a farraday cage. Figure it’d better than nothing if cell service is wiped.

I saw an interview with a former military special operations guy, he was talking about how he thinks they are going to take down the grid. As Trump gathers power and polls continue to move in his favor, they aren’t going to have a choice. It’s the equivalent of flipping the game board when you are going to lose.

It also makes the unprepared population very easy to control. They can’t get power back up to your town - but do have a nice ‘refuge center’ with power, water and food.

Back
Top Bottom