USA Today 2nd amendment poll

97% Yes
2% No
1% Undecided

5445410 Votes

5.4 Million votes?

ETA: From November 2007!

quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

funny, if you keep refreshing it, the votes keep going up. Still getting hits, or something else?

Seems like I get an email about this poll once a week so it's still making the rounds and folks are probably still "voting". Personally I just snicker and hit the delete button.

What is the target audience for this poll? I've only read the USA Today front page a few times when I'm in a hotel and bored. Are they a more conservative or liberal publication?

I just voted. Never seen this poll before..... the counts keep going up every time you refresh it.

Because people like BH keep posting it on firearms forums, where people like you keep "voting" in it.

No-one else, particularly USA Today, cares about something over two years old.

Very interesting. That would make me think a 2a poll in USA Today would be against supporting the ammendment [sic].

You're not thinking that hard. Specifically, I think your analysis failed to account for the following:

1. As ALREADY posted, this defunct poll has been posted on probably every firearms forum extant - SEVERAL times.

2. ALSO as already posted, USA Today put the poll out OVER two years ago. Whatever story it was planning to use it in (probably Heller) has already run. Think not? Fine - cite an article in USA Today which has incorporated the poll in the past two years.

Back
Top Bottom