USPS no longer handles Amazon packages

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
I'm betting my UPS driver absolutely hates me for having to deliver all of my home gym gear -- rack, barbells, plates weight sled, and etc! If any of that stuff was to have been delivered by USPS, I doubt I would have ever seen most of it.
There's a reason why UPS drivers with several years of service are making upwards of $38 an hour plus their benefits package. It's hard to keep good drivers for long period of time because of the physical toll and grind of the job. Experienced UPS drivers are delivery machines and can handle a lot more volume per day than rookies. Knowing the routes, layouts of buildings, driving shortcuts, how to handle different packages movement wise, etc. they get to be hyper efficient in a way which can't be taught and only learned from experience. It's why robots will have a hard time catching up to people doing that job for a long time even though it seems basic, it isn't when it comes to maximizing efficiency.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My Amazon drivers are retards and the picture taking is a joke.
The first time I ever saw an Amazon delivery was out my front window as I watched them drop a package at the front door of the cottage across the street from me that NEVER gets deliveries. 2 minutes later, I get an alert that my package has arrived with a picture of my neighbors porch. The numbers arent even close. Im at 24, the house across the street is 39 I think.

with Amazon's fulfillment capability provided to marketplace sellers and now the growth of the Amazon delivery services, isn't Bezos basically begging for the Feds to come after him with an antitrust suit? At the very least, it feels like time to force them to divest themselves of AWS.
I'm pretty sure that 100% of the delivery vans are independent contractors. So while its his delivery company, its not really growing his footprint.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I ever saw an Amazon delivery was out my front window as I watched them drop a package at the front door of the cottage across the street from me that NEVER gets deliveries. 2 minutes later, I get an alert that my package has arrived with a picture of my neighbors porch. The numbers arent even close. Im at 24, the house across the street is 39 I think.
Is there a curbside mailbox for 24 anywhere near house 39?

(Does everyone on the street have numbers on their houses clearly visible from the street,
even at night? Or is the ambulance going to play Scavenger Hunt when they get a call
that one of the residents has come down with Vapor Lock?)

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Was it sold by Amazon? Amazon is like Ebay and has other sellers who may ship USPS.
it may depend what you are buying (...oil filters?) But vast majority of things that I typically get are offered from China or other far away places, it's pretty common for me to see projected delivery dates 2-3mo away (f*** that)

Many people didn't catch on that Amazon is basically an eBay now and prime delivery is non-sense. Most shit over 25$ is free delivery anyway, so why pay for shitty membership (prime)

Also, I see that Prime membership was annual a while back, then it became monthly and today they are peddling weekly membership (which doesn't matter one bit for shipping)

I'm pretty sure that 100% of the delivery vans are independent contractors. So while its his delivery company, its not really growing his footprint.
From what I read, ICs get barebacked by Amazon worse than Uber.

Knob Creek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
All I know is deliveries with Amazon Prime have gone from 1-2 days to a week or longer. Just put an order in for a pair of pants and a car wash brush and delivery is 9 days out.

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
All I know is deliveries with Amazon Prime have gone from 1-2 days to a week or longer. Just put an order in for a pair of pants and a car wash brush and delivery is 9 days out.
Amazon Prime has been eratic. Some items arrive the next day, others can take over a week.

And my mailman delivered paper towels today for Amazon with my regular mail.

NickLeduc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I have been using Amazon Prime to do a ton of shopping lately. It just saves me a bunch of time packing kids up to run to the store for something I don't need immediately. About 70 orders in the last month. It is kind of funny to me seeing how the packages come in. There are days where all 4 carriers will deliver to my house. Last week I had 3 different Prime vans at my house at the same time. 2 were making deliveries and the third was getting some from one van.

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Here is my hint after having packages thrown hither and yon across my property. Use the optional second line in your Amazon address like this:

Grampa Munster
Place Package On Porch
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Anywhere MA

Not perfect but I get a 95% on porch package rate

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Just heard on CNBC that Amazon has only delivered 70% of Prime packages on time in the past 6 months.

Maybe customers should only pat 70% of their Prime Membership fee?

And let's face it, there's a lot of soft costs they incur via this performance. I wonder how many extra calls to customer service are generated by late packages? Or loss of goodwill and trust?

And what happens at Christmas time with the large increase of orders.

This ain't cool, Amazon.

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This started happening right around when covid hit. Prime membership at this point is almost pointless for me. Someone else pays for it, otherwise I would cancel.

The other thing they have done is pushed out the expected dates on "prime" items. Seeing lots of stuff that you would normally expect to be 2 day items, no longer are.

Oh and USPS is still delivering my Amazon packages. OP's postmaster is on the not too be trusted list, officially.

Knob Creek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I usually add items to the cart and place the order when I have a few items. No more, if they want to do this one week delivery then I’m going order each item at a time. Let them come out here everyday.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
USPS has delivered two amazon packages for me n the last week. Both were shipped and sold by Amazon, and not third party. The USPS may no longer accept cheap ass rate deliveries, but they are still delivering for Amazon.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
my Prime shipping has been mostly back to normal. I was supposed to receive a next day ink delivery today, but it was bumped 1-2 days.

Knob Creek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I ordered bullet molds from M-P Molds in Slovenia on Monday. DHL just dropped them off. Everything from Amazon is still taking better than a week. Go figure....

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I got an Amazon package yesterday MAILED through the Post Office, not dropped off and delivered for a buck. Today an Amazon package was delivered to my door by Amazon.

Top Bottom