• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA affiliation

kimmie1911

NES Member
Hi All - not to jump the gun[smile] but wanted to get some feedback from you all. I just mailed in the application to have Boston Gun and Rifle become a USPSA affiliated club and we'll be working with Dan Hurley to get this off the ground. Our proposed name is 'Boston Urban Action Shooters'. This is a joint endeavor between myself and Knuckledragger. We'll be a strictly winter time club, along the same lines as American Firearms, and will have to limit the number of shooters through pre-registration because of the range size. I'm thinking 30. We'll also only have probably 4 stages, with 2 being classifiers.

Our proposed schedule will be January 18th, February 22nd and March 29th (9:30A)for matches and January 9th, February 13th, and March 13th (6pm) for practices. The first match will be all classifiers, just to see how things go and the response from folks.

So, what do you all think? Feedback is welcomed! Offers of help, greatly appreciated!

Everyone have a great holiday!!!!!

Donna

This is great news.

I haven't been there in years, but managed to find parking on the side streets. You need good directions as the entrance you use is unmarked, and you have to ring the doorbell.

I think Hal means is his car going to get broken into or not

Aw - be nice guys - it's not that bad.[hmmm] Parking is a little tough but not so bad on a Sunday morning. They don't ticket or tow. And there's a small lot nearby if you get there early. I'll post directions but you can also get them from www.bostongunclub.net. The club is right at Fields Corner T station.

Thanks to those that offered help! It's really appreciated!

I'll keep you posted.

Donna

Will this match require pre-registration and pre-payment. I hope so - when you have a slot-limited match, the number of no-shows goes way up if you don't collect ahead of time. Just let me know when I can get my reservation in.

Will this match require pre-registration and pre-payment. I hope so - when you have a slot-limited match, the number of no-shows goes way up if you don't collect ahead of time. Just let me know when I can get my reservation in.

Hi Rob - just to let everyone know - you are a big reason why this is happening - your support and enthusiasm have been fantastic. Thanks so much.

To your question, yes, we will do pre-registration. Not sure yet about pre-payment but that's a good idea. I'll discuss it with Knuckles this weekend. However, if you're lurking Knuckles - please chime in!!!!!

I'll post more details as we go along.

Again - thanks all for the support and offers of help!!!

Donna

We will indeed be requiring pre-registration and pre-payment for the matches - probably through check and/or paypal.

Range facilities and our own lack of experience require us to limit the number of shooters. We'd prefer people be disappointed because they couldn't register rather than disappointed because it takes 12 hours to shoot 4 stages.

Scheduled practice sessions - at least the first one - will be oriented towards those who have never shot USPSA or any action type match before. We'll go over basic rules, procedures, etc. of this specific game.

Once our affiliation is official we'll post our matches on the USPSA Northeast Section web-site and also make an announcement here.

Stay tuned and thank you everyone for your interest and support.

Boston Urban Action Shooters - dedicated to bringing action shooting to the heart of Boston.

We will indeed be requiring pre-registration and pre-payment for the matches - probably through check and/or paypal.

Good move. I suggest you have a published cancellation/refund policy so you don't have to figure this out when you get a cancellation.

Hi All - not to jump the gun[smile] but wanted to get some feedback from you all. I just mailed in the application to have Boston Gun and Rifle become a USPSA affiliated club and we'll be working with Dan Hurley to get this off the ground. Our proposed name is 'Boston Urban Action Shooters'. This is a joint endeavor between myself and Knuckledragger. We'll be a strictly winter time club, along the same lines as American Firearms, and will have to limit the number of shooters through pre-registration because of the range size. I'm thinking 30. We'll also only have probably 4 stages, with 2 being classifiers.

Our proposed schedule will be January 18th, February 22nd and March 29th (9:30A)for matches and January 9th, February 13th, and March 13th (6pm) for practices. The first match will be all classifiers, just to see how things go and the response from folks.

So, what do you all think? Feedback is welcomed! Offers of help, greatly appreciated!

Donna

I have added these events to the 2009 Competition Calendar which can be found here:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49372

You guys rock! The positive responses and offers of help is overwhelming!!!! And so very greatly appreciated!

We will be putting out more info about pre-registration/pre-payment/ cancellation policy sometime during the week. Along with directions to BGRA's top secret entrance[smile].

Thanks again.

Donna

Range facilities and our own lack of experience require us to limit the number of shooters. We'd prefer people be disappointed because they couldn't register rather than disappointed because it takes 12 hours to shoot 4 stages.

Scheduled practice sessions - at least the first one - will be oriented towards those who have never shot USPSA or any action type match before. We'll go over basic rules, procedures, etc. of this specific game.

Once our affiliation is official we'll post our matches on the USPSA Northeast Section web-site and also make an announcement here.

Boston Urban Action Shooters - dedicated to bringing action shooting to the heart of Boston.

I am interested and intend to register for the first match; all I need is the address to post the entry and $ to. It would be a good idea to go conservative on the first match, perhaps three stages instead of four. Better to have a lower round count and finish on time than do more shooting and take forever.

I am interested and intend to register for the first match; all I need is the address to post the entry and $ to. It would be a good idea to go conservative on the first match, perhaps three stages instead of four. Better to have a lower round count and finish on time than do more shooting and take forever.

More info coming - And your suggestions make good sense. Thanks -

Donna

Donna

You know I will help [wink] I will be there for the January & March match but the Feb Match conflicts with S&W IDPA Winter Nationals for me.

Gary

The match date is creeping up on us. How do we pre-register?

Back
Top Bottom