USPSA Eastern Lakes 3-Gun Championship; Anyone have experience with this match?

David,
I know no one that has shot that match from this area. It's a longer drive than Topton, and looks like a trophy match, if they give out trophies.

David,
I got this email from someone I know that shoots that match. Hope it helps.

Four typical stages of pistol. Add targets, shoot three hozer rifle stages and then one long range rifle stage which consists of paper at 50, paper at 100 or so,then 200.
Might be paper and steel or just paper with very nasty no shoots at 200.
Break for a super nice lunch, hotdogs etc.
Four stages of shotgun starting a 1:00
ONE STAGE HAS ALWAYS BEEN 25 TO 30 SLUGS AT PLATES AND PAPER AT 30 TO 50 YDS.
Watched a guy have to reshoot it twice! 75 SLUGS!!! He was not happy!!!!!
Trophy match, good rd. count.
Very well run. Usually get done about 3;00 or 4:00.

Thanks guys,

It’s about 5 1/2 hours for me, 2-3 nights in a hotel.
I was just looking to get a good match in July.
I don't know of any other matches close?
Just wanted a "major" match before the AR15/Rockcastle match in late August.

David E.

David,
I'm not aware of any other 3 gun matches before the ProAm, not in the northeast. There's the 3 gun at Independen on July 9th, but, that's about it.

Well I sent in the application for the USPSA Eastern Lakes 3-Gun Championship.

Thanks for the round count info, planning to have 100 slugs on hand!

My shotgun is pretty good with slugs out to 100yds.

I will try to take some video and post about the match when I'm back.

Dan, IRT the 3 Gun kiloton thread, I normally use 3x5 cards filled out for each stage of a match with one card per stage/COF. I might have to get one of those Tac-t-cool notebooks though. I think I need a camo one that can be operated while wearing my tac-t-cool fingerless gloves, any sources?

While I did OK on the shotgun stuff at TopTon, after reading your post I need to do more; patterning all chokes at different distances with different loads, add a CYL choke to my collection and ranging the steel.
If only I could substitute my pistol on the shotgun stages, I’m pretty sure I shot ALL the steel with my pistol on stage 1 plus 2 un-needed shots at the rifle paper. I think we came in 12th on that stage.

A bad plan is better than no plan.

Thanks.
David E.

No source for a camo note book, maybe LA Police Gear? Why Cyl bore tube? I use Light Mod a lot, except with slugs. They shoot better with the IC rather than the Light Mod. I was much happier with the shotgun, than pistol at Topton. I had one Mikey on stage 2 [frown]

Back
Top Bottom