USPSA - Foley out

allen-1

NES Member
I heard conversation about Mike Foley's recent behavior when I shot at HSC this past weekend.

Here's the word from USPSA:

To The USPSA Membership,

The evening of 8/24/2021 the USPSA Board of Directors met to vote on an issue concerning the USPSA President Mike Foley. The Board of Directors, as authorized by Section 7.7 of the USPSA Bylaws, has elected to make a change in leadership.

Effective 8/24/2021 Mike Foley has been removed as President and is no longer an employee of USPSA.

We thank Mike for his service to USPSA and wish him well in his future endeavors.

As per the USPSA Bylaws, Section 6.1, Sherwyn Greenfield as Vice President shall serve as Interim President effective immediately.

This change requires the start of the process for a special election. Please watch for announcements for further details and timeline for the special election.

If you have any questions or comments on this matter, please reach out to your Area Director. Contact info regarding your Area Director can be found here

According to Berry's blog, it was for a whole lot more than that, including challenging a competitor to "settle it right here and now".

That sounds more like cause for action. I read the posts battle and was scratching my head how someone could get the boot for that. If I had only read the blog posts and names and USPSA / IPSC were not mentioned, I would have thought Karen vs. Karen cage match. Props to the organization for taking action.

I don't belong to any gun game organizations, and I don't play any gun games. I have zero dogs in this fight.

That said, Foley sounds like a huge dick in a tiny pond.

I'm very familiar with people who seize on a little temporary power and try to build it into something it was never intended to be.

He got removed because a post from 2018? Stoeger was involved...that's a shock
Nah, a more recent thing.
The BOD arranged a formal investigation into the incident, found it to be "more likely than not", an accurate account of the event. They voted unanimously to remove him.
Having personal major match squad time with Foley, I can say he is a super D-head.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1630065584235.jpg
    FB_IMG_1630065584235.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 48
The BOD arranged a formal investigation into the incident, found it to be "more likely than not", an accurate account of the event. They voted unanimously to remove him.
Having personal major match squad time with Foley, I can say he is a super D-head.
He was just pissed you beat him ;) Was that Area 7 PCC a few years ago?

I've heard a lot stories like this. My personal experiences have been limited, but positive. I RO'd him on our stage this year and his squad ate lunch on our pit. He was professional and polite. Although he may have been on his best behavior because it was after the low cap Nationals incident.

from reading something like that it gets very obvious that some old farts in fact never reach an actual adulthood. 'settle this right there you pussy MF'. :)

Back
Top Bottom