• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA @ Hopkinton Sat April 6th

**WEATHER DEPENDENT**

The Hopkinton Heavy Hitters are hoping to have our first match of the 2019 season on Sat April 6th. The weather situation is always a wildcard for this match so please keep an eye on the uspsa-ne.org calendar or this thread for updates on match status. If it looks like there is a significant chance of rain on Sat we won't be having the match.

Setup is Friday afternoon starting around 2pm and extra hands are always welcome. Match setup help gets $10 off match fee! If you can help out running a timer or a scoring device during the match let me know at registration and I'll knock $10 off for that as well. Do both and we comp the total match fee. If you're going to stop by to help with setup please email [email protected] to let us know to expect you.

What: 6 stage USPSA match, including one classifier stage
Where: 95 Lumber Street, Hopkinton MA (look for the big granite sign)
When: Sat April 6th, 9am first shots, registration opens around 8am
Why: Because it's really fun
How Much: match fee is $25, Juniors fee is $15 **Exact change is appreciated**

Spectators and new shooters always welcome, just let us know it's your first match and we'll make sure someone helps you through the process so you have a safe and fun match. Membership in USPSA is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reply to the thread of PM me with any questions.

See you there,
Peter

**WEATHER DEPENDENT**

The Hopkinton Heavy Hitters are hoping to have our first match of the 2019 season on Sat April 6th. The weather situation is always a wildcard for this match so please keep an eye on the uspsa-ne.org calendar or this thread for updates on match status. If it looks like there is a significant chance of rain on Sat we won't be having the match.

Setup is Friday afternoon starting around 2pm and extra hands are always welcome. Match setup help gets $10 off match fee! If you can help out running a timer or a scoring device during the match let me know at registration and I'll knock $10 off for that as well. Do both and we comp the total match fee. If you're going to stop by to help with setup please email [email protected] to let us know to expect you.

Spectators and new shooters always welcome, just let us know it's your first match and we'll make sure someone helps you through the process so you have a safe and fun match. Membership in USPSA is encouraged but not required. Feel free to reply to the thread of PM me with any questions.

See you there,
Peter
What
**WEATHER DEPENDENT**

See you there,
Peter
looking to come be a spectator are ears required?

What

looking to come be a spectator are ears required?

Eye and ear protection are required, and also just a really good idea. Gun are loud, and occasionally bullet fragments come back from steel targets with significant velocity. One of those hitting you in the eye would lead to a very bad day.

Shooting open is not loud..... Looks like we are a go for the match - we are hoping that the rain ends before we start putting up targets Saturday morning....

If you are planning to spectate, please bring eye and ear protection.....

Shooting open is not loud..... Looks like we are a go for the match - we are hoping that the rain ends before we start putting up targets Saturday morning....

Says the guy who thinks it's just fine to shoot open at indoor matches & practices...

Shanef, you need to check your hearing!

First the good news: After a rocky start the weather was perfect and we had a great match with 73 competitors to start the season! Thanks to all who came out and shot with us.

Now the bad news: for the first time in going on 6 seasons I lost some scores. The scoring device for Stage 2 was left in the sun and cooked. I've tried everything I can think of and it's not coming back so I had to dump that stage from the match. My apologies to anyone who killed it on that stage. I take the stats very seriously and it kills me to have to drop a stage like that but I have no other option.

So the scores for the now 6 stage match are posted HERE

Hope to see everyone in June!

I've tried everything I can think of and it's not coming back so I had to dump that stage from the match.
I was talking to the head of IT at USPSA HQ about this and other issues on Friday. He and I are in agreement that it is much better to leave the scoring device with the stage rather than carry it around with the squad for exactly this sort of thing. Better to lose a stage for all than to have some competitor not get scores. Plus, you are not stuck issuing match refunds or free shoots :D

I was talking to the head of IT at USPSA HQ about this and other issues on Friday. He and I are in agreement that it is much better to leave the scoring device with the stage rather than carry it around with the squad for exactly this sort of thing. Better to lose a stage for all than to have some competitor not get scores. Plus, you are not stuck issuing match refunds or free shoots :D

That is precisely why we leave them on the stage. As bad as this is it would be worse to lose an entire squad! Unless it's SJan's squad, then no harm no foul

Back
Top Bottom