USPSA @ Manville 5-20

Thanks to all the put on the match at Manville. Great stages. The rain held off for most of the match.

Stage 1 had a multiple ways to shoot it. either shooting on the move, or shooting static and then moving a few times. I choose to shoot it all on the move, but got out of step, had to engage partial targets and ended up with
2 M and a NS.[frown] Add to that, a Jam, that I knew was going to happen because I tried to jam to many rounds into the big stick..[angry]

Stage 3 I think I fell asleep somewhere between Standby and the beep. 1.9 draw[rolleyes]. I'm surprised the RO didn't kick me the ass to get me going.

Next month match need people to build some stages, I would like to build a couple, but since I am new to building stages, I would need some help. If anyone is interested, let me know

Last edited:
Yes, Manville does put on a good match and the results are always posted really fast - even without the aid of the palms [wink] (thanks Matt).

Hopefully the next Manville match will be warm and sunny ... seems like it always rains in Manville.

Mike - I'm not going to the Nationals - so I think I'll be able to show up early next month and lend a hand.

1.9 is my normal, I think![sad2]

I better start practicing![smile]

Thats what stage 1 is for[smile]

Yes, Manville does put on a good match and the results are always posted really fast - even without the aid of the palms [wink] (thanks Matt).

Hopefully the next Manville match will be warm and sunny ... seems like it always rains in Manville.

Mike - I'm not going to the Nationals - so I think I'll be able to show up early next month and lend a hand.

I was looking for someone to take the reins and I could lend a hand. [smile]

Stage 4 I think I fell asleep somewhere between Standby and the beep. 1.9 draw[rolleyes]. I'm surprised the RO didn't kick me the ass to get me going.

Why would I? You're in my division! [rofl]

I was 1.50 on that draw with two instances of trigger freeze to follow. Rather a 1.90 to an A, than a .90 to a D or Mike.

If I'm thinking of the correct stage, we started in a box and ran to a barricade. I'd think that a 1.9 is pretty darn good when you add 5 steps.

Why would I? You're in my division! [rofl]

I was 1.50 on that draw with two instances of trigger freeze to follow. Rather a 1.90 to an A, than a .90 to a D or Mike.

Are you trying to rub it in... I had a 1.9 and the mike[wink]

If I'm thinking of the correct stage, we started in a box and ran to a barricade. I'd think that a 1.9 is pretty darn good when you add 5 steps.

Dan, you're right but unfortunately I was thinking of stage 3 and wrote stage 4 in mistake. I corrected the original post

Oh yeah, I forgot. I think the second shot was the mike. I thought you were having a good day actually. It was one of the first times I've checked draws.

Seriously. I was completely oblivious to anyone having off days. The scores kind of threw me for a loop when I saw them. I think that is good though.

I'll be there early (7 or so) with Paul T. setting up. I plan on doing something a little FUNusual in the top pit on the hill- should be interesting if I can pull it off. Nothing I've done before in 4 or 5 years of USPSA.....Probably has been done in the past, but not for me :)

Feel free to PM me for Paul's email address- or just come on down early. Either way, it's all good.

Thanks again to the Harvard crew for two great stages- it sure made the morning go by quickly having you all there. My squad (started on stages 3 and 4)- I can't thank you all enough- plenty of hands taping, brassing, resetting, etc. Let's keep this trend going!

I didn't make it to the match as when I woke up yesterday the wife says "hey let's get that plasma TV today" so I knew if I didn't go yesterday I wouldn't be getting one. I'm sure it was planned on her end but couldn't pass on that deal. Sux there isn't a match this coming weekend but I'll be at Westfield in 2.

Sounds like it was a great match as usual.

Pete

I agree, its definately a good thing when the competition is so strong that if you screw up, you drop way down.

I meant a good thing I was only thinking about my game.

Larry, the NB match was tentative, I don't think they're are ready yet. When they are it should be great (close for us!).

I meant a good thing I was only thinking about my game.

Larry, the NB match was tentative, I don't think they're are ready yet. When they are it should be great (close for us!).

Thanks. That is a bummer. I was looking forward to shooting at NB. I've never shot there before.

John
it makes me wonder if there were 2 holes in a noshoot, and that is why the a's were crossed off on your sheet, and someone also wrote in the procedurals, rather than NS's which didnt make any sense to me.
anyone else shoot with you that could contact me and maybe correct this problem? You have any idea who was doing the scoresheet?

I started at Range # 4, so shot Stage # 4 and the classifier in that order. Did well, then tanked the two big stages.

It sucks to get old, slow and blind. You have to carry lots more ammo for the misses!

Back
Top Bottom