• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA PCC ?

The Edge Lab

Dealer
NES Member
Hows the popularity of PCC in local USPSA matches? Also what firearm are people running in PCC?

Thanks

Hows the popularity of PCC in local USPSA matches? Also what firearm are people running in PCC?

Thanks
The matches at Chester Rod and Gun in NH were like 33% or more PCC. One match last year it really felt like I was the only one not doing PCC or Carry Optics (exaggeration, but definitely felt like that).

Pelham doesn't allow PCC.

No idea what people were running specifically; all looked like AR platforms. I've heard of people using Ruger PCC or similar, but I didn't see any.

PCC tends to run the stages fast, but it felt like it was offset in the time it took to clear and bag the carbine. Someone had to walk over with the case, get it in there, zip it up. Sounds simple but compared to just clearing, hammer down, holster, it did add up.

Seemed like a fair amount of people had malfunctions too.

Pelham USPSA is done.

Most USPSA PCC competitors seem to be running 9mm ARs, usually with Glock mags.

No need to bag PCCs on the line. Chamber flag inserted, then muzzle up or down, done.

Pelham USPSA is done.

Most USPSA PCC competitors seem to be running 9mm ARs, usually with Glock mags.

No need to bag PCCs on the line. Chamber flag inserted, then muzzle up or down, done.
Well, crap. Guess I need to find somewhere to go next season.

ETA: Chester required, as far as I could tell, it to be bagged after completing the stage. Probably house rules vs. official.

Just a caveat that I'm not affiliated with the club in any way; this past season was my first, and I could easily have been misunderstanding their PCC rules. But as a novice, it appeared that was how they did it. If I misrepresented anything they did, apologies in advance. They did, as I mentioned, have a lot of PCC shooters.

Thanks

I’m planning to give it a try with a Ruger PC Carbine this season. It’s not the most practical gun for this game, but it’s a lot of fun to shoot and that’s all that ever matters to me.

I’m planning to give it a try with a Ruger PC Carbine this season. It’s not the most practical gun for this game, but it’s a lot of fun to shoot and that’s all that ever matters to me.
Yeah was thinking about that gun too. I have a Mechtech 9mm that I was thinking about using also. I’d also really consider using a CZ Scorpion but the 10 RD mag capacity really limits you and the reloads would hurt your score I would think. Although, I should not care about that, I should just get a Scorpion and have fun shooting it in a USPSA event and not worry about scores. And honestly the little experience I have with USPSA events in Production, the reloads were a good part of the fun factor.

It's easy to sweep your feet with a slung carbine.

Sweeping yourself or anyone with a PCC at anytime is a DQ, so... Sure, they should require slings.

I really feel that PCC was a USPSA marketing mistake. This is coming from a currently 100% classified PCC GM with 2 major match wins

Another stupid USPSA rule. You sweep your feet with a holstered pistol, so what's the problem with a rifle.

While it's not one of the rules I helped write, I do agree with it, guys were getting pretty negligent once the chamber flag was in and the range was called clear.

>An AR variant in 9mm fed by Glock magazines is by far the preferred platform.

True, but AR variants fed by Colt or modified Uzi mags is another option with much more readily available pre-ban high cap mags.

I really feel that PCC was a USPSA marketing mistake. This is coming from a currently 100% classified PCC GM with 2 major match wins
Do you feel that USPSA should not allow PCC?

I don’t want to get a rig setup for a division that’s going to be done away with. I also don’t want to show up to an event where your not wanted at because of the type of gun you shoot. Not saying that would happen but I understand there are purist who are passionate about their sport.

I have never seen someone look down on someone for shooting in a division they personally feel should not exist. Don't let that worry you.

As to rig - much simpler in PCC since you don't need a lot of extra equipment like $300 gunbelt rigs for PCC, and a 9x19 EBR is a cool and fun toy to have in your personal armory even if you aren't using it in competition.

Another stupid USPSA rule. You sweep your feet with a holstered pistol, so what's the problem with a rifle.

Exactly.

If it’s cleared and flagged its fine. Carried vertically, slung, cased, or on a cart, there’s really not much difference.

I think some of these traditionally pistol only guys would have heart attacks at a 3-gun match. Just imagine how many rifles and shotguns in carts are sweeping people’s feet!

I have never seen someone look down on someone for shooting in a division they personally feel should not exist. Don't let that worry you.

I have.
Not locally, and I don't think any match officialn in our section would ever.

I don’t want to get a rig setup for a division that’s going to be done away with.

It's not going anywhere. USPSA has never eliminated a division.

If it’s cleared and flagged its fine.
I politely disagree with this.
It's one thing to sweep one's own feet with an unloaded slung carbine, and equal to rifles and shotguns flagged and transported on carts, but there is no way to differentiate those acts (rule book wise) from sweeping an entire squad in the chest / faces while unbagging in the middle of a crowded bay. Yes I have been in that crowd, and I nobody likes it

I politely disagree with this.
It's one thing to sweep one's own feet with an unloaded slung carbine, and equal to rifles and shotguns flagged and transported on carts, but there is no way to differentiate those acts (rule book wise) from sweeping an entire squad in the chest / faces while unbagging in the middle of a crowded bay. Yes I have been in that crowd, and I nobody likes it

Sure there’s is. It’s literally the exact same way you are allowed to have a holstered pistol. Exactly. Handgun in holster = longgun on sling.

That simple.

Unbagging a long gun and sweeping everyone is the same as unbagging a pistol and sweeping everyone. Neither are acceptable.

Using a sling or a cart or a case doesn’t alleviate you from any other safe handling rules in the same way using a holster doesn’t. You don’t get to just remove your pistol from the holster unless commanded to at the line or at a safe table. You don’t get to handle your long gun that’s slung in the same manner.

It’s not particularly confusing or complicated.

Back
Top Bottom