USPSA PCC ?

Pelham USPSA is done.

Most USPSA PCC competitors seem to be running 9mm ARs, usually with Glock mags.

No need to bag PCCs on the line. Chamber flag inserted, then muzzle up or down, done.

Pelham is lost? Shucks...

I know 2 master/grandmaster shooters both use the new JP Enterprises AR9. Those things are SEXY
I have one but since it is post Heliban, I had JP assemble it on a JP lower I had in stock and used a Rock River arms 9mm adapter for Colt mags. I bought a few ancient but mint 32 round Uzi mags, and adapting them to fit that EBR (but without last round hold open). This was short work for a friend's $300K or so Japanese milling machine. The setup works flawlessly, and I don't have to choose between ignoring the mag ban or chasing down unobtainium $$$ pre-ban Glock 33 rounders.

What hurts is my JP AR9 SBR arrived at GFA Armstech on the day of the Heliban, and it was not possible to take possession on the last legal day because of the form 1 time delay. Greg at GFA liked it so much he wrote out a check to JP for the full retail price to add it to his collection.

I have never seen someone look down on someone for shooting in a division they personally feel should not exist. Don't let that worry you.

As to rig - much simpler in PCC since you don't need a lot of extra equipment like $300 gunbelt rigs for PCC, and a 9x19 EBR is a cool and fun toy to have in your personal armory even if you aren't using it in competition.

I've seen people look down on others for gear (and express this sentiment), but not for choice of firearm.

I kind of want to try both PCC and revolver, but I don't anticipate shelling out the coin on either.
Now that Pelham is apparently done, I'm not sure how many matches I will do this year, although I do have my MA non-res.

I've seen people look down on others for gear (and express this sentiment), but not for choice of firearm.

I kind of want to try both PCC and revolver, but I don't anticipate shelling out the coin on either.
Now that Pelham is apparently done, I'm not sure how many matches I will do this year, although I do have my MA non-res.

Don't forget about Pioneer. Their matches fill up so sign up early.

Where did u get the parts to build? Can you provide Links of how to get started?
Started here: https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/260772-build-a-winning-pcc/

Really like Kaw Valley carbon fiber hand guard and linear comp. Stern defense Mag well adapter rated the best and it is. You can always go to a dedicated lower but I had one and I like the idea of being able to convert back if I need to. If you have an AR upper you only need the barrel, they are the same. The buffer and buffer spring must be upgraded, blow back operation not gas block etc.

https://getstern.com/
https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/category-s/147.htm
https://www.hiperfire.com/triggers/

Don't forget about Pioneer. Their matches fill up so sign up early.
I'm about 40-45 from Chester, 45-50 to Pioneer, and 30-40 to Harvard. Never been to any of them before so determining where to go, layout, etc. is always kind of a nuisance.

Pelham was nice because among other things it was $10 and a 17 minute drive.

I'm about 40-45 from Chester, 45-50 to Pioneer, and 30-40 to Harvard. Never been to any of them before so determining where to go, layout, etc. is always kind of a nuisance.

I used to drive 90 minutes each way to shoot at New Bedford. They used to put on great matches. Now it's 15 to Harvard, 40 to Hopkinton, 90 to Monson, and 60+ to Pioneer

You definitely need to check out Harvard and Pioneer. Can't comment on Monson as I don't shoot there (2 hours each way for me). I'm sure Monson runs a great match.

You definitely need to check out Harvard and Pioneer. Can't comment on Monson as I don't shoot there (2 hours each way for me). I'm sure Monson runs a great match.
I am probably going to give a match at Harvard a try, although I'll need to buy (I think) 3 more 10rd magazines since my 17rders will need to stay home.

I've heard good things about Harvard in general. Hopefully it'll be easy to navigate.

I am probably going to give a match at Harvard a try, although I'll need to buy (I think) 3 more 10rd magazines since my 17rders will need to stay home.

I've heard good things about Harvard in general. Hopefully it'll be easy to navigate.

I'm the guy who sits in the trailer and does signups for the Harvard matches. I may be a bit biased, but I think we do a pretty good job :)

We also have weekly practices from 5-7 PM on Wednesday evenings. We're in the indoor range in the clubhouse through the cold, dark winter but we'll be back outside once weather and range conditions permit. Feel free to show up to a practice if you're in the mood.

Oh and for anyone else interested in practices, unfortunately the indoor range rules do not allow any rifles other than 22LR, so no PCCs at Wednesday practice until we move back outside.

I'm the guy who sits in the trailer and does signups for the Harvard matches. I may be a bit biased, but I think we do a pretty good job :)

We also have weekly practices from 5-7 PM on Wednesday evenings. We're in the indoor range in the clubhouse through the cold, dark winter but we'll be back outside once weather and range conditions permit. Feel free to show up to a practice if you're in the mood.

Oh and for anyone else interested in practices, unfortunately the indoor range rules do not allow any rifles other than 22LR, so no PCCs at Wednesday practice until we move back outside.
Thanks; registration via practiscore? Did I see correctly first match was May 12?

Thanks; registration via practiscore? Did I see correctly first match was May 12?

We don't do preregistration, just show up on match day and register there. I just added the May match to Practiscore so people can find the info there in addition to the uspsa-ne.org site. Yes, it is on May 12th.

There's a possibility we will add an April match if the weather is unusually good and the ranges aren't horrible mud pits, but the May match will be the first one if not.

Pelham would not have been lost if we got more help. Too many shooters wanting to just shoot and not help in an all-volunteer sport. The burnout is real for those who run matches. If you guys find yourself saying "damn, too bad they are done".. maybe there was something you could have done to help that match keep going.

>An AR variant in 9mm fed by Glock magazines is by far the preferred platform.

True, but AR variants fed by Colt or modified Uzi mags is another option with much more readily available pre-ban high cap mags.

Is anyone using mean arms endo mags for 9mm out of standard AR mags? I haven't finished my ar9 build, need barrel and upper but I plan to.

Doesn't sound like a good idea since the ejector is on the mag. During ULSC you will have to put a empty spare mag in to eject the last round

Pelham would not have been lost if we got more help. Too many shooters wanting to just shoot and not help in an all-volunteer sport. The burnout is real for those who run matches. If you guys find yourself saying "damn, too bad they are done".. maybe there was something you could have done to help that match keep going.
Just seeing this post now but for the record last year was my first year doing USPSA and I went to Pelham twice, and did volunteer and help setup my second match there (last of the season). Was planning on helping again this year, but obviously moot at this point. I'm mainly bummed because I just found out they were doing it in like July, and now it's over. The class run in the spring would have been helpful as a new participant, had I known about it.

I don't do facebook and other than NES I'm not really "hooked into the scene" so unless--as was the case with the Pelham match I helped at--there's an email sent or some other communication I don't really know what's going on. Just bummed, as I was feeling like I had "found a home" for USPSA and now I'm adrift again.

So for personal and professional reasons I haven’t been on this page much and other than a few trips to the range to stay fresh... I haven’t really shot much this year.

That said... I still want to try USPSA PCC this year. How was the season this year? We’re there many people competing in PCC?

I tried to look into practiscore but either that website sux or I suck at technology. Probably the latter. Thanks!

So for personal and professional reasons I haven’t been on this page much and other than a few trips to the range to stay fresh... I haven’t really shot much this year.

That said... I still want to try USPSA PCC this year. How was the season this year? We’re there many people competing in PCC?

I tried to look into practiscore but either that website sux or I suck at technology. Probably the latter. Thanks!

First, keep your eye on the "General Competition" section because there was a PCC-only match in RI this past summer. I suspect the club that ran it is going to do more matches next year because 2019 was their first foray into multigun/PCC competitions.

Second, Practiscore isn't the most user friendly website. What I do is look up what matches are planned well in advance, like a month or two, and then sign up as soon as the match opens. I find Practiscore to work easiest on a computer rather than a phone.

First, keep your eye on the "General Competition" section because there was a PCC-only match in RI this past summer. I suspect the club that ran it is going to do more matches next year because 2019 was their first foray into multigun/PCC competitions.

Second, Practiscore isn't the most user friendly website. What I do is look up what matches are planned well in advance, like a month or two, and then sign up as soon as the match opens. I find Practiscore to work easiest on a computer rather than a phone.
Thanks I’ll keep an eye out!

I used to drive 90 minutes each way to shoot at New Bedford. They used to put on great matches. Now it's 15 to Harvard, 40 to Hopkinton, 90 to Monson, and 60+ to Pioneer
My unnderstanding is that New Bedford appointed someone "Safety czar" whose declaration that an activity was unsafe is the equivalent of pappally infallible

Last edited:
That’s too bad... PCC’s are so fun to shoot.

That's just Sean being Sean. There's a handful of PCC shooters at most matches - in fact at the last couple Harvard matches there were more PCC shooters than Single Stack or Revolver (or L10, but that doesn't really count).

Back
Top Bottom