USPSA Shotgun Match - New Bedford - Nov 22, 2009

You see your family everyday. there is only 1 shotgun match

Will you write a letter to my wife explaining this to her? [rofl] She won't forget the many pistol matches I've shot in the last 6 months! But... where can I pick up something like the tactical strippers as in the Dillon catalogs locally? I'll need them regardless if I get to do any shotgun stuff.

Wow, I was totally thinking something else when you said Tactical Strippers. I know where you can get either of them

i was thinking along the lines of mike also, and thought, thats mean! those are models, not strippers in the dillon catalog.

Mike, i was thinking something like this- a blind 2 man team event
one open guy gets paired with any other shooter in any other division other than open.
like, say you've got 5 open guys who want in, and 5 other division guys, the names get put in a cup and drawn out for who is paired with who.
team with the total points based on final results wins

of course, we could do non-blind teams too if we want to pick buddies in other divisions, that would be cool too.
be little teams
shame we dont have even more shooters for shotgun, and had planned this way in advance, maybe we could do a three man team with one in each division
or even if it's just a bunch of us in open, we could have teams with only one saiga on them, i would imagine Steve is coming, he's got one.

edmorseiii- i'd imagine this will be over before 1pm, NB runs pretty efficiently, and resetting steel stages is faster than scoring and taping targets.

Last edited:
I thought this was last week for some reason.

I may have to attend. Hmmm 11-87 or Saiga?? Will a detachable box mag stick me in open? There are no optics or comp on it.

Last edited:
Well, I have not had a day off in three weeks. I looked and I still have that $100 870 in the safe and some old ammo I need to get rid of so a Shotgun match is a very good reason to take the day off. Work is finally caught up anyway.

Any prizes for last in heavy metal Matt???? I know I can do it if I try

I thought this was last week for some reason.

I may have to attend. Hmmm 11-87 or Saiga?? Will a detachable box mag stick me in open? There are no optics or comp on it.

That is up to the match director. I do believe that a box mag will stick you in Open. Only a few of the "Independent or Outlaw" matches will allow a Siaga in tactical in your configuration.
USPSA 2009 Shotgun rules, Appendix D1,
Open Division, Detachable Magazines, Yes
Tactical Division, Detachable Magazines, No

Last edited:
they are running it according to uspsa rules, so detachable mag shotguns are always open division

and ed- i dont see why not, they always allow newbies and nonmembers at the uspsa matches

they are running it according to uspsa rules, so detachable mag shotguns are always open division

and ed- i dont see why not, they always allow newbies and nonmembers at the uspsa matches

Ahhhh. Official USPSA rules. 11-87 it is. If I had optics on the Saiga and time to set it up I'd shoot open. With the talk about small teams and $$ I thought it was an independent type match.

Two or three person teams with different equipment would be fun BTW. [wink]

Last edited:
Ahhhh. Official USPSA rules. 11-87 it is. If I had optics on the Saiga and time to set it up I'd shoot open.

Matt, optics are necessarily an advantage on a shotgun. See how well you can shoot slugs with the Saiga, you know how big the bays are at New Bedford.

Ohh suck it up. Shoot it weak handed only!

Just kidding B. Your hand looked pretty rough in that apparatus you had on it at Harvard. I still can't believe a cat did that to you!

BTW: Lugnut can ride with me if he decides to hit the match.

Non-members are always welcome to USPSA matches at NB and all USPSA matches for that matter. So are newbies - after all, we were newbies at one time too! As long as you have a safe and serviceable shotgun you are good to go. If you have any questions you can post it here or PM me or MAShooter.

Just got back from the range. We (me, Fred, Neal, Dennis) set up the slug stage. !4 rounds. You'll enjoy it.

Matt(open) and I(tactical) are joining up as an open/tactical team. We're looking for similar teams. We'll see some grouping up tomorrow morning. Depending on the 'playas' involved these teams could have different division setups. I think the morning will see some serious 'negotiations'.

Back
Top Bottom